PDA

View Full Version : gnarls barkley is the shizzy moo!

syxxpm
05-13-2006, 02:20 PM
i scored the album

and even though it was way too short...(37 minutes!)

it was really cool and trippy.

crazy of course is cool.

but there are some other killer songs on there like
1.go go gadget gospel (nuff said)
2.gone daddy gone...(they rework a willie dixon blues tune into a white stripes poppy punk kinda rocker..imagine that ceelo goes punk)
3.the boogie monster (ceelo goes all creepy sesame street than nails us with a punchline straight out of bowies "width of a circle"
4.feng shui (a hip hop song called feng shui....need i say more!)
5. the last time( when was the last time that you danced?!)
6.necromancer(ceelo creeps into some slim shady creepy shit right here...) think last dance with mary jane(tom petty) but with less dancing

and a bunch of other goodies (no pun intended...lets see who gets the joke)

well this is my first fantastic wacky album of 2006 hope more comes on with this type of quirk and originallity....pizza out :D

Terrick
05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Speech loves the album too, so i might pick it up. 37 minutes is pretty short for an album. even weezer's blue album was longer than that!

Hero1
05-13-2006, 09:33 PM
I've heard good things about this :rock:

sdldawn
05-16-2006, 03:45 PM
I like crazy

filmwizdaddy
05-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Smiley faces is really great too.:haha:

can
05-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I've been listening to three of the songs on the new CD
my fav is Basically
it's been stuck in my head all day.
can't wait to hear the rest of the tracks....

syxxpm
05-24-2006, 02:01 PM
um dude...there is no song on the album called basically?...do you have an import version or a b side

Terrick
05-24-2006, 04:41 PM
i'm already sick of the single/video. 8 hour morning shifts at the bookstore force people to turn on MTV U and VH1 a lot, and after about 20 reps, i can't stand it anymore.

can
05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
um dude...there is no song on the album called basically?...do you have an import version or a b side

Not dude... Chick...
And my bad, i think it might also goes by " Who Cares"

for some reason i had basically stuck in my head.:think:

I think it might be a b-side, cause it is different, i like my version better...

Wheeljak
05-25-2006, 01:59 AM
I just heard Gnarls Barkley for the first time, on Conan. I didn't know Cee-Lo was part of the band! I love their sound; I'm gonna buy their record very soon.

syxxpm
05-25-2006, 02:34 PM
sorry can.... :D chick it is....