PDA

View Full Version : PmDawn.net Updates Today

Brian221
04-04-2006, 05:48 PM
thE ball keeps on rollin' for P.m. Dawn in 2006! Alot is going on these days, and although we don't have any major updates on album or dvd releases, we have these three keep us busy until that day:

Show on April 14th @ Andrew's Upstairs in Atlanta

This show will be a PM Dawn Performance!!! Prince Be & I will run through the classics(Set Adrift On Memeory Bliss, Looking Through Patient Eyes, And I'd Die Without You) and some New and Unreleased Material!!!! After The Show There Will Be PM Dawn Merchandise and Music for Purchasing, and Of Course Autographs 4 All Bliss Boyz & Gals!!!
http://www.andrewsupstairs.com/
P.m. Dawn on MySpace.com

thAt's right...they've engaged in yet another media...feel free to join up and be friends with P.m. Dawn...their direct profile can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/pmdawn
P.m. on the Big Screen?

Check it out for yourself if you don't belive me:
http://www.angelfire.com/tn3/hawkstudios/themovie.html

SaintHax
04-04-2006, 06:08 PM
thE ball keeps on rollin' for P.m. Dawn in 2006! Alot is going on these days, and although we don't have any major updates on album or dvd releases, we have these three keep us busy until that day:

P.m. on the Big Screen?
Check it out for yourself if you don't belive me:
http://www.angelfire.com/tn3/hawkstudios/themovie.html

that's a joke right?

Terrick
04-04-2006, 06:09 PM
holy schnikies! I wanna see it!

too bad they have 95% of the casting done :(
I wanna be in a movie with PM Dawn! Maybe Be can get me a part...

Terrick
04-04-2006, 06:14 PM
hey brian, kind of off subject, but are you ever going to put the pmdawn.net intro page back up? i liked the loop. I made a full cd of it a few years ago.

Harmeister
04-04-2006, 08:30 PM
JC is known as Dr.Giggles now? And he uses a computer and the internet????

when did that happen?

xtristessax
04-04-2006, 08:53 PM
added on myspace!

Wheeljak
04-04-2006, 10:41 PM
That guy from Color Me Badd looks like he just got out of the state pen.

Terrick
04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
hey, brian...take the / off the end of the myspace link for the lazies.

pmFan
04-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I am confused...

PM Dawn myspace page blog shows a message from Dr Giggles saying "THIS PAGE IS NOW OFFICIALLY CONTROLLED BY PM DAWN!!!!(PRINCE BE AND I)".

The Dr Giggles myspace page has an entry of "PRINCE BE AND I WILL OFFICIALLY MAKE MICHAEL OUR LEAD#1 FAN AND MICHAEL WILL HAVE DIRECT CONTACT WITH ME(BLISSBOY2) AT ALL TIMES." It also has a quote of: It's Just Me" Dr.Giggles". I'm also known as "GigglesM.D. (Mic Doc)" and Only I am Registered this way with ASCAP! Accept no Imitations!!! I am also referred to as "The Goggler Greg Lewis" and "The Sploogetive"All 3 Names are registered with ASCAP so don't try 2 bite it!!!

At the bottom of the PM Dawn bio on the Dr Giggles myspace page, it says: Dr. Giggles is Also Releasing a solo album which is being Produced By P.M. Dawn, & a Group Album With The EQ All-Stars. He's Been Performing with Ricky-B, Michelle , & B-Haze 4 the last 4years!!!" The Docturnal's" Been Riding With The Bliss Boyz(P.M. Dawn) 4 16 Years!!! UTOPIAN BLOOD FLOWS THROUGH SPLOOGEMATICAL VEINS , ONCE AGAIN IT'S TIME 4 THE BLISS BOYZ 2 REIGN, WHAT'S OLD IS NEW AGAIN WE'VE SURVIVED ALL TEST, THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES............I GUESS!!!

www.funkinbeatz.net/v3/giggles.htm says it's Greg Lewis, he toured with PM Dawn for the last 14 years. It also says: Greg was content for a while doing shows in Long Island with his partner in rhyme Ricky B, when he got a call from P.M. Dawn Front man Prince-Be. “My cousin suffered a mild stroke in 2004, and he had a gig to do at NBC studios in L.A., I ‘m always down for free publicity!!!”. As it turned out, Greg resumed his old role as crowd motivator with the group, on The NBC summer series” Hit Me Baby One More Time” hosted by Vernon Kay.

:think:

So who is Dr Giggles and what became of JC?

Hero1
04-05-2006, 02:40 AM
dr giggles aka greg is be and jcs cousin.. now why cant i access the pm dawn myspace?

Hero1
04-05-2006, 02:41 AM
ooh good news brian..looks like we have sum shit to look forward 2 :rock::rock::rock:

Hero1
04-05-2006, 02:49 AM
yeah umm.. wheres JC? if he's gone thats fucked up..but then I cant imagine JC leaving unless it was his own choice... :eek:

Etherspin
04-05-2006, 04:56 AM
yeah umm.. wheres JC? if he's gone thats fucked up..but then I cant imagine JC leaving unless it was his own choice... :eek:

when i saw that boys of summer pic i thought wtf.. JC looks different in that lighting..

whats going on !!

Chief
04-05-2006, 10:33 AM
let Be answer that question....K.......

Brian221
04-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I just got off the phone with Greg, aka Dr Giggles, aka the Sploogitive, aka the Docturnal....

Gregg is indeed Be and JC's blood cousin, and raised more like a brother. He's been behind the scenes working with PmDawn from just after the Bliss Album days. He made his first video appearance as the dude witht the crazy fro wig in the "You Got Me Floatin'" video.

Another fun fact was if you look closely on the Hit Me Baby clips, you'll see his hand is bandaged up -- the lady backstage was originally giving him the flowers i n a vase, and when she handed it to him, it shattered in his hand and cut him up pretty bad...the show had to go on anyway.

Here's a quote from a message about the movie:

"...by The Way The Movie Is Called" Voosha Day" Be & I will play Private Investigators(no not aligators with Vest) who constantly Feud wth two other P.I.'s while chasing down the same drug lords. It's not just a cameo either, the director Rob Hawk Felt After an initial
Phone meeting with Be & I, That our" Comedic Sibling chemistry" would be make us very hilarious characters in the movie!!!"

As stated before, P.m. Dawn Loves You is the new album coming out. Its something they wanted to do for the fans, and is the former Jim Sullivan Syndrome.

Gregg is very enthusiastic about being a bigger part of P.m. Dawn in JC's absence. He is extremely responsive to the fans, was a key factor in Be's recovery over the last year(s), and is looking forward to bringing back the image P.m. Dawn once carried back in the 90's.

Cozmo D
04-05-2006, 11:43 AM
He's a billionaire in the spirit world! :giggle:

Wheeljak
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Great update. Thanks, Brian!
:os:

Chief
04-05-2006, 12:14 PM
bwhahahahahhaha Coz.......

Hero1
04-05-2006, 03:04 PM
wow so pm dawn is now be , greg and jive jones... that just doesnt seem right :confused:

TrEEtheRealest
04-05-2006, 05:02 PM
wow so pm dawn is now be , greg and jive jones... that just doesnt seem right :confused:

I agree. No disrespect to Dr. Giggles or whatever his name is (he may be a wonderful guy, who knows?), but I listened to his solo songs on myspace, and let's all be true to ourselves and admit that if he had nothing to do with PM Dawn..we would just see him as "another typical rapper". (possibly "wack rapper" to some)

That's just my opinion, but umm..yeah. :rolleyes:

Wheeljak
04-05-2006, 05:09 PM
So, this means that when I go to Atlanta, I won't get to meet JC? :(

Brian221
04-05-2006, 06:48 PM

Greg and Jive Jones have always been a part of the production of Pm Dawn since Jesus Wept on up.

sdldawn
04-05-2006, 06:55 PM
as long as Be is making music.. i'm cool with whoever else is involved.

pmFan
04-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Has anyone read Who Moved My Cheese? Most long running bands tend to morph a bit, give it a chance and we'll see... :)

Hero1
04-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Greg and Jive Jones have always been a part of the production of Pm Dawn since Jesus Wept on up.

really? I know jive jones has worked with Be since abt 2000.. but i didnt see him or greg on the credits for dearest christian.. but then dearest christian and fucked are basically prince be albums..so it shouldnt make too much of a difference.. i guess JC found some samples n stuff back then.. its just the idea of "pm dawn" being brothers prince be and jc that i'll miss :( but hey new music .. or atleast the jim sullivan album released to the masses.. so thats sum good news :cheers:

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
04-06-2006, 02:08 AM
PM Dawn going to the movies.

Yo, I am at that party. Is this going to be theatrical or straight (excuse me) Skraight to video?

As for Dr. Giggles. He looks like JC a bit. I hate that he replace JC rather then increase the number, but I'm sure crew knows what their doing. They haven't let us down yet, see how far this trip will take us.

Best of luck on your film debut, Be. Looking forward to seeing you on the Big or small screen.

sdldawn
04-06-2006, 06:18 AM
I'll say this.. anyone that had anything to do with be in production of songs like "Sonchynne" and the emotional Dearest Christian.. stick around... I could stand another 20 years of that...

Cozmo D
04-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I agree. No disrespect to Dr. Giggles or whatever his name is (he may be a wonderful guy, who knows?), but I listened to his solo songs on myspace, and let's all be true to ourselves and admit that if he had nothing to do with PM Dawn..we would just see him as "another typical rapper". (possibly "wack rapper" to some)

That's just my opinion, but umm..yeah. :rolleyes:
He's a GREAT guy.

Now... ask yourself if JC had nothing to do with PM Dawn... what would you see HIM as?:think:

Chief
04-06-2006, 10:22 AM
im getting the strange feeling guys..that if it wasnt for Greg being around.....we would be without Pm Dawn all together...count your blessings..

Brian221
04-06-2006, 10:33 AM
After talking to Greg again...it turns out I met him back in 2000 in decatur.

Wheeljak
04-06-2006, 10:37 AM
im getting the strange feeling guys..that if it wasnt for Greg being around.....we would be without Pm Dawn all together...count your blessings..
I agree with you wholeheartedly, Chief (for once)! I'm just kinda disappointed about not meeting JC, is all; the work of Prince Be and JC has touched my life for a pretty big chunk of time.
If Dr. Giggles is good enough for Be, then he's good enough for me!
:rock:

syxxpm
04-06-2006, 01:42 PM
three chee..no make that syxx cheers for dr giggles....

TrEEtheRealest
04-06-2006, 01:54 PM
He's a GREAT guy.

Now... ask yourself if JC had nothing to do with PM Dawn... what would you see HIM as?:think:

Well, I always assumed he was the main beat maker, so I would see him as a GREAT beat maker. (e.g. Prince Paul)

Hero1
04-06-2006, 02:04 PM
well props to JC for his contributions to pm dawn :rock: hope he comes back some day.. BE keep doin ya thing... if Greg helped BE through his health problems then he's a legend in my book :cheers:

Cozmo D
04-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, I always assumed he was the main beat maker, so I would see him as a GREAT beat maker. (e.g. Prince Paul)
Yes, you assumed...

SaintHax
04-06-2006, 08:06 PM
We've still yet to address the point here...did JC just up and leave or what?

Cozmo D
04-06-2006, 08:22 PM
I don't think that it's my place to answer that, so I won't. Like Chief said, if Be wants the answer known I'm sure he will give it.

Still, being the old crotchety big-mouthed asshole that I am, I will just point out that I put together the following labels very carefully. I have always and still do contend that the ONLY mistake I made was listing 1 producer too many. ;)

Etherspin
04-06-2006, 09:52 PM
whatever the story is, JC will be missed.. tell me... tell me WHO DANCES LIKE JC :D

good to have Greg and Jive on Board too!

pmFan
04-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Coz - The GeeStreet 12" single release (GEET24) lists 4 versions:
Side A
"ODE TO A FORGETFULL MIND"
ULTIMATUM MIX

"ROCKERS'S RHYTHM"

Side B
"ULTIMATUM INSTRUMENTAL"

"ULTIMATUM ACCAPELLA"

Is the Ultimatum Mix the same as the Hip Hop mix on your labels?

Is one of these the same as the "More Than Words Mix" released on other Gee Street CDs/LPs?

It says on the GEET24 label "The original sound recording is owned by Warlock Records" - What does that mean?:think: They don't own the actual song, do they? Or is it just the tapes (or whatever) from the recording sessions you did?

Coz - your labels look like they have indentions from actual vinyl - are those on promo / pre-release vinyl?

Just curious

pmFan
04-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Hey, that's funny - I just noticed (the biggest print) - you have them listed as Prince B. - and JC was only credited as a producer. So, was the initial idea that it was really only Prince B. Was JC just in the background a little? And GeeStreet changed that?

pmFan
04-07-2006, 01:16 AM
I just re-read what I wrote above - if I am opening up a can of worms / old discussions / etc, or if I am stepping on anyone's toes, please let me know. I am just a curious nut with a taste for useless info. But possible answers might not be so nice...

Hero1
04-07-2006, 02:41 AM
hehe I remember searching through the dearest christian credits tryin to find out what exactly JC did.. and asked BE about it and he said he found some of the samples for the records n stuff.. maybe JC will do that RnB album he always wanted to do..

xtristessax
04-07-2006, 03:34 AM
i thought that sampled hook on U Don't Remember Me was pretty creative. not many rappers sampling Amy Lee/Evanescence!

at any rate we gotta show love 2 PM Dawn, greg (dr giggles) included, because like Chief said, i don't think there'd be a tour or album without his contribution.

Cozmo D
04-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Coz - The GeeStreet 12" single release (GEET24) lists 4 versions:
Side A
"ODE TO A FORGETFULL MIND"
ULTIMATUM MIX

"ROCKERS'S RHYTHM"

Side B
"ULTIMATUM INSTRUMENTAL"

"ULTIMATUM ACCAPELLA"

Is the Ultimatum Mix the same as the Hip Hop mix on your labels?

Is one of these the same as the "More Than Words Mix" released on other Gee Street CDs/LPs?

It says on the GEET24 label "The original sound recording is owned by Warlock Records" - What does that mean?:think: They don't own the actual song, do they? Or is it just the tapes (or whatever) from the recording sessions you did?

Coz - your labels look like they have indentions from actual vinyl - are those on promo / pre-release vinyl?

Just curious
I'm not sure what was on the Gee Street release. Gee Street licensed it from us and Warlock and did some new mixes. I believe the Ultimatum Mix is the same as the Hip Hop mix, which was how Be brought the song to me, but you'd have to ask him or Brian 221 (he knows everything:haha: ).

We were distributed by Warlock so that is why it had them listed as the owners, in reality it should have said owned by Pet Project Records, but Gee Street was doing their best to ig us at the time. We eventually sold the sound recordings to Gee Street.

Those aren't my jpegs, but yes it was on actual vinyl. It was the actual original US single release, a good bit before the Gee Street release.

Cozmo D
04-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey, that's funny - I just noticed (the biggest print) - you have them listed as Prince B. - and JC was only credited as a producer. So, was the initial idea that it was really only Prince B. Was JC just in the background a little? And GeeStreet changed that?
Yeah, that was MY idea, because I've always believed credit should be given only when it is deserved. A certain very young man thought differently, so I gave in on the producer's credit. To say JC was in the background a little might be a factual statement if he had been in the background AT ALL.

On a whole different note but along the same line, I noticed over the years that somehow I had been given writer's credit for "Ode", they even have me listed as such down at ASCAP. As anyone can see from MY label copy I didn't do it. :idunno:

pmFan
04-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Those aren't my jpegs, but yes it was on actual vinyl. It was the actual original US single release, a good bit before the Gee Street release.Wow! I'd like to add THAT to my collection if I could find it. Ever see it sold anywhere? How many copies were pressed and released?

pmFan
04-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Wow! I'd like to add THAT to my collection if I could find it. Ever see it sold anywhere? How many copies were pressed and released?Nevermind - just picked it up for $10 - *mint* sealed never played!

There is at least one more out there if anyone else wants it! go to ebay and search for:
prince b ode

:haha:

Cozmo D
04-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I believe plenty were pressed and few were sold. :haha:

Hero1
04-07-2006, 04:05 PM
hahahaha Coz..you know why.. not enough singing! :haha:

eternals layre
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
jc can sing and sounds awesome.

dr giggles has a awesome stage presence.

win win either way.

Cozmo D
04-10-2006, 03:41 PM
jc can sing and sounds awesome.
Not so sure about that one, but then I never was much good at evaluating the Cordes singing method. :lmao:

Brian221
04-10-2006, 03:56 PM
jc can sing and sounds awesome. .

He did a solo song performance in Atlanta a few years back...was pretty damn good.

Etherspin
04-10-2006, 07:50 PM
yeah the clip was on the .net wasnt it.. very good