PDA

View Full Version : Al "Grandpa" Lewis from "The Munsters" dies

Wheeljak
02-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Rest in Peace, Grandpa.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060205/ap_on_en_tv/obit_lewis;_ylt=Av7ymERVcZsDoQ7Nhxv5VJ.s0NUE

pmFan
02-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Sad... I really liked his old stuff... Munsters is one of my favorites...
:(

Cozmo D
02-06-2006, 04:47 AM
What does it say about us when we have a condolence thread for Grandpa Munster but not for Corretta Scott King?

Now, that's sad! :sad:

Wheeljak
02-06-2006, 11:13 AM
What does it say about us when we have a condolence thread for Grandpa Munster but not for Corretta Scott King?

Now, that's sad! :sad:
Well, I can tell you why I didn't start one.
Coretta Scott King was a major American figure. I took it for granted that everyone had heard about her death. She made front page news. As far as Grandpa, he was just an entertainer, and a somewhat obscure one, so less people would have known about his passing.
Secondly, I personally don't start condolence threads; I make death announcements. I prefer to leave it up to the readers to deal with it the way the choose to, rather than requesting "a moment of silence" in a forum that has no sound anyway.

Cozmo D
02-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Didn't mean anything about you personally, in fact I am including myself in this. I've been really busy lately, but not so busy that I couldn't have started one myself. Of the 4 forums that I frequent the most, not one started a thread for her, and that's sad. At least the 2 Hip-Hop oriented forums I'm a member of, Tim's and OSHH, saw it fit to remember her.