PDA

View Full Version : Hey Louis! Coaster Trip '06

Brian221
01-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Me and my guys are doing another coaster trip this year...we're going to do King's Island and Cedar Point again (have unfinished business at both, will go during the week this year), and are planning to add one of two parks to the trip. My question for you is...Kentucky Kingdom or Geauga Lake?

Have you been to either or suggest one? I was at Kentucky Kingdom back in '97 before it was a six flags and liked it then.

Terrick
01-27-2006, 08:28 PM
i've never been to geauga lake, but I liked kentucky kingdom. I've been there three or four times. I haven't been there for a couple years, but all I can say is that the hanging coaster (the black one. i thought it was batman, but i don't know) is awesome. Especially after it rains. And it's the only park i've been to that has a ferris wheel. Other than that, I don't remember much, and i'm also not louis, so i'm probably not helping...

Brian221
01-30-2006, 11:04 AM
We've pretty much decided on Geauga Lake -- I've been to Kentucky Kingdom (probably 8 years ago) and it was okay -- the ride you're talking about is T2 -- its the only hanging coaster there (and it rocks, rode it 6 times straight).

I did a detailed analysis of the coasters at both parks...we don't mess around with this...I attached...

Louis85
01-30-2006, 12:21 PM
B,
(Sorry I'm responding so late.) I've been to both. Definitely, choose Geauga Lake. Kentucky Kingdom, like most Six Flags parks, is mediocre. It's probably the same as when you visited it in '97. Geauga is going to be great next year, especially when they finish the water park side of it. There are much better rides there versus Kentucky Kingdom. Geauga has been MUCH better since Cedar Point acquired it. It's amazing how big a deal management makes at these parks, but it's huge. Plus Geauga is a lot cheaper to go to than Six Flags (unless you have the Six Flags season pass that get's you into all their parks the whole season--that's the best deal they have going). They upgraded the food at Geauga (another thing 6 Flags has trouble with).

It's convenient for you Brian, that you live closest to one of the Best managed and themed Six Flags parks of them all. (Of course that's probably because it wasn't one that they built, it was one they acquired.)

My tour is targeting Holiday World this summer. Memorial Weekend they are bringing back their highly acclaimed coaster festival (trying to shake off the tragedy of a few years ago), and it will feature their new SWEEET coaster called the Voyage. All the coaster geeks...er..enthusiasts will be headed there this summer. I'd like to do Indiana Beach. I still need to hit Busch Gardens. Cedar Point is always the first one tho. May will be rolling around soon.

Good luck with your tour. Make sure you add Pennsylvania's parks on your list some day. Hersheypark is a GREAT park. Kennywood, Knoebels, and Dorney are very nice parks too.

Louis

Louis85
01-30-2006, 12:32 PM
We've pretty much decided on Geauga Lake -- I've been to Kentucky Kingdom (probably 8 years ago) and it was okay -- the ride you're talking about is T2 -- its the only hanging coaster there (and it rocks, rode it 6 times straight).

I did a detailed analysis of the coasters at both parks...we don't mess around with this...I attached...

Don't forget your parking cost at all those parks!! Cedar Point $10, Geauga $8 (hopefully), and Kings $10 (hopefully).

Dominator - Ride in the front!
Villian - Not as good as earlier, but watch out for the last drop!
Steel Venom - Ride the front and back (Back first)!
Wolf Bobs - recently retracked and new trains. it's ok.
Thunderhawk - Not a fan of Vakoma's coasters, but it's ok.
X-Flight - I hate it, but you'll probably like it. Superman is better. Vakoma again.
Great waterpark there at no extra charge (go on a hot day).
Ride the boat to get across the lake to the waterpark side--it's cool.