01-07-2006, 12:40 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/derogatis/wkp-news-live06.html

What's the inside scoop? :think:

Cozmo D
01-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Who da hell is the Polyphonic Spree? :idunno:

onegalacticwino
01-07-2006, 04:56 PM
a hippie-ish group band. But the sentence is misleading -- they're not saying it's a combination album with the PMD and them-- it's just that both bands are releasing an album in the Spring according to their sources.

Cozmo D
01-07-2006, 05:11 PM
:idunno:

Maybe the author reads this forum? :haha:

I'll ask the man, unless he wants to pop in and tell us himself. :)

sdldawn
01-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Who da hell is the Polyphonic Spree? :idunno:

oh u dont wanna know.. hippy group wearing all white...

Chief
01-07-2006, 06:45 PM
my type of group...

oops........

Hero1
01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
my type of group...

oops........

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

wendyful04
01-08-2006, 12:05 AM
There are so many groups/artists on that list that I wish would NEVER release another cd ever again.

Hero1
01-08-2006, 01:44 AM
its a good feeling to see a list of new albums coming out and pm dawn on it.. :rock:

Cozmo D
01-08-2006, 11:04 AM
my type of group...

oops........
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

DJ Detroit Butcher
01-09-2006, 05:24 AM
If that's true about a PM Dawn album this year, why haven't we heard anything about it on this site? Hmmm. It's good news if that's true tho.

anyway, let's take a look at this list and see what's happening:

Outkast (YAY!)
the Roots (YAY!)
Scissor Sisters (NOOOO!)
Mogwai (YAY!)
Mudhoney (hmm, what will they sound like now?) Stereolab (see mudhoney)
Monster Magnet (YAY!)
Pearl Jam (YAY!)
the reunited dB's (WOW)
DJ Shadow (YAY!)
Massive Attack ( *DIES* NO SHIT? YAAAAAY!)
the Cure (YAY! their last album sucked SO bad!) Dr. Dre (Hmm.. Detox?)
Ice Cube (bout damn time!)
Limp Bizkit (my GOD when will they stop?)
Linkin Park (see limp bizkit)
Primus (see linkin park)
Sonic Youth (YAY!)

and that's what i think.

wendyful04
01-09-2006, 09:25 AM
If that's true about a PM Dawn album this year, why haven't we heard anything about it on this site? Hmmm. It's good news if that's true tho.

anyway, let's take a look at this list and see what's happening:

Outkast (YAY!)
the Roots (YAY!)
Scissor Sisters (NOOOO!)
Mogwai (YAY!)
Mudhoney (hmm, what will they sound like now?) Stereolab (see mudhoney)
Monster Magnet (YAY!)
Pearl Jam (YAY!)
the reunited dB's (WOW)
DJ Shadow (YAY!)
Massive Attack ( *DIES* NO SHIT? YAAAAAY!)
the Cure (YAY! their last album sucked SO bad!) Dr. Dre (Hmm.. Detox?)
Ice Cube (bout damn time!)
Limp Bizkit (my GOD when will they stop?)
Linkin Park (see limp bizkit)
Primus (see linkin park)
Sonic Youth (YAY!)

and that's what i think.

Yay! for Linkin Park, Outkast, Ice Cube....

I'm also looking forward to (not listed) :
Shaggy 2 Dope, "Fuck the Fuck Off"
Ben Cenac, "The Secret Songs Of..." :fingers+:
Buju Banton, (anything will do)

DJ Detroit Butcher
01-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Yay! for Linkin Park, Outkast, Ice Cube....

I'm also looking forward to (not listed) :
Shaggy 2 Dope, "Fuck the Fuck Off"
Ben Cenac, "The Secret Songs Of..." :fingers+:
Buju Banton, (anything will do)

Wendy, you lose 1000 points for liking Linkin Park.

wendyful04
01-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Wendy, you lose 1000 points for liking Linkin Park.

I don't like them.
I love them.
I especially like Chester on the Queen of The Damned cd. That was the first time I ever heard him curse.
I have all of their cds.

Wait!!!! Why aren't you commenting on Shaggy's new release?
BTW, did you like Soopa' Villains?

syxxpm
01-10-2006, 02:35 PM
oh and ceelo green is doing an album with dangermouse called gnarles barkley (this is not a rib...its due in august)

DJ Detroit Butcher
01-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't like them.
I love them.
I especially like Chester on the Queen of The Damned cd. That was the first time I ever heard him curse.
I have all of their cds.

Sorry, I like music for grown ups.

Wait!!!! Why aren't you commenting on Shaggy's new release?
BTW, did you like Soopa' Villains?

I haven't heard soopa villians yet, although I do plan on picking that one up, i'm just really poor right now (.. right now? shit i'm always poor!)

re: Shaggy -- I am DEFINATELY looking forward to that one, this february. I thought between you and I you would know that!

What did you think of Twiztid's two albums last year?

MMFCL girly.

wendyful04
01-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Sorry, I like music for grown ups.

Are you burning me?!

I haven't heard soopa villians yet, although I do plan on picking that one up, i'm just really poor right now (.. right now? shit i'm always poor!)

I'll burn you a copy and mail it to you if you want. Esham's no longer a member of the Soopa Villainz, BTW

re: Shaggy -- I am DEFINATELY looking forward to that one, this february. I thought between you and I you would know that!

Are you getting it?

What did you think of Twiztid's two albums last year?

They're tight! It brings back their original shit..

MMFCL girly.

???????

Did you get Forgotten Freshness Part 4?

Etherspin
01-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Much Mother F**kin Clown Love

Terrick
01-10-2006, 11:46 PM
the roots: yay
outkast: gonna be crap. stankonia was the beginning of the negative slope. there were only a couple songs worth listening to on that album. after that, they just kept getting worse. I just stick to ATLiens most of the time.

DJ Detroit Butcher
01-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Are you burning me?!

Yep. *cue ashton kutcher voice* BURRRRRN!

I'll burn you a copy and mail it to you if you want. Esham's no longer a member of the Soopa Villainz, BTW

Sweet thanks! Yeh, I know he's not on the Psychopathic label at all anymore, which is just fine with me cuz I really didn't care for his stuff since he joined them. Take me back to the days of "Dead Flowerz" and "Bruce Wayne" and i'm straight.

Are you getting Shaggy's solo album?

Definately. I most likely will have it a week early too, cuz Alex Abbis's sister runs a record store in Roseville and always sells their stuff as soon as she gets it.

The Twiztid albums are tight! It brings back their original shit..

I dunno about that, some of it was alright, but They'll never be better than the original Mostasteless album, if you ask me. Definately lookin forward to Madrox's solo shit this year tho!

Did you get Forgotten Freshness Part 4?

Yeh about half of it was tight and half of it was garbage. Definately enjoyed the tracks that MEC produced, hopefully since Mike's producing Fuck the Fuck off it will bring back some of that old flavor...

I just stick to ATLiens most of the time.

Well, I can't argue with ATLiens, I still bump that religiously, but I really did adore The Love Below.

wendyful04
01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
outkast: gonna be crap. stankonia was the beginning of the negative slope. there were only a couple songs worth listening to on that album. after that, they just kept getting worse. I just stick to ATLiens most of the time.

I liked Stankonia a whole lot better than SlackerBox and The Slack Below.

Aquemini brings back so many good times.
Miami...
Puerto Rico...
Back to Miami...

Sorry, I was setting adrift there but you can't touch Aquemini. That was just one of those unforgettable records! (CDs)

You might be right about the crap part. I definitely hope not though!!!!

wendyful04
01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Sweet thanks! Yeh, I know he's not on the Psychopathic label at all anymore, which is just fine with me cuz I really didn't care for his stuff since he joined them. Take me back to the days of "Dead Flowerz" and "Bruce Wayne" and i'm straight.

PM me your home address and I'll mail the cd out.

Definately. I most likely will have it a week early too, cuz Alex Abbis's sister runs a record store in Roseville and always sells their stuff as soon as she gets it.

Lucky!
Isn't Alex their manager?
I think this Friday the 13th, on faygoluvers.net, they are gonna' play one of the singles from Fuck the...

I dunno about that, some of it was alright, but They'll never be better than the original Mostasteless album, if you ask me. Definately lookin forward to Madrox's solo shit this year tho!

You're right, the Mostasteless shit is badass...
I have been sending them so many emails for the past two years for Jamie to come out with a solo cd, so you KNOW I'm looking forward to that!
Jamie Madrox and J should make a song together.

Yeh about half of it was tight and half of it was garbage. Definately enjoyed the tracks that MEC produced, hopefully since Mike's producing Fuck the Fuck off it will bring back some of that old flavor...

That's what everybody's saying. Don't make no difference to me. Well...it does but it doesn't....I just like them regardless.
MEC's also producing some of The Tempest's tracks.

BTW, why do you think that they changed their names from the old SV names to the new ones when the cd finally dropped??

DJ Detroit Butcher
01-13-2006, 06:32 AM
Isn't Alex their manager?

Yep. And his sister Sue is a real sweetheart. If you're ever in the Detroit area, don't forget to stop in to Hot Hits on Gratiot.

I have been sending them so many emails for the past two years for Jamie to come out with a solo cd

Have you heard the solo stuff that Madrox put out under the Mr. Bones name?

That's what everybody's saying, re: MEC. Don't make no difference to me. Well...it does but it doesn't....I just like them regardless.
MEC's also producing some of The Tempest's tracks.

It doesn't make any difference to you? No offense, but how long have you been listening to them? Mike was as much a member of ICP as J & Shaggy are! You honestly look at their pre-b/b material and compare it to everything after that, and tell me which was the better era? The only album that comes close to the work they did with MEC is the Wizard of the Hood CD. Or, maybe I'm wack.

BTW, why do you think that they changed their names from the old SV names to the new ones when the cd finally dropped??

I have no idea, but the new "playing card" names are really fucking retarded.

wendyful04
01-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Yep. And his sister Sue is a real sweetheart. If you're ever in the Detroit area, don't forget to stop in to Hot Hits on Gratiot..

Ok, do you still want that SV cd, BTW?

Have you heard the solo stuff that Madrox put out under the Mr. Bones name?

some of it
waiting for the SWK cd

It doesn't make any difference to you? No offense, but how long have you been listening to them? Mike was as much a member of ICP as J & Shaggy are! You honestly look at their pre-b/b material and compare it to everything after that, and tell me which was the better era? The only album that comes close to the work they did with MEC is the Wizard of the Hood CD. Or, maybe I'm wack..

Ok, you're kinda' right.Their old $hit was more ruthless and I miss the reverse talking messages. Plus, MEC did "program and engineer every lp on" Bizzar, which is my favorite cd.
BTW, I've been listening since 1997, since The Great Milenko. I have about 90% of all their cds, which is a lot considering that their old a$$ stuff like Mix Tapes, Dogbeats, Basement Cuts, etc. is no longer available.

I have no idea, but the new "playing card" names are really fucking retarded.

not gonna' argue with you, my friend

Ok, sorry for the post hijack. (I could go on and on for days) ..... Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

BigRed82
01-14-2006, 06:42 PM
So has Be confirmed this new album thing with anyone.. any release dates/album info????

This is pretty much what I've been waiting on ever since I got F*cked Music in '01.

Hero1
01-14-2006, 07:10 PM
be has an album ready for us..whether it gets released well thats the million dollar question

DJ Detroit Butcher
01-14-2006, 08:07 PM
:) Right on, and if Be reads this, I hope he's feeling better!

BigRed82
01-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Haha, yeah and I doubt he'll go the F*cked Music route either, huh?

byrdie
01-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Much Mother F**kin Clown Love
I'm dating a Juggalo who put me through a little trial by fire by loaning me his entire collection of CDs. He had everything but the new releases (Forgotten Freshness 4 and Shaggy 2 Dope's Fuck the Fuck Off), though he's recently picked up the new Dark Lotus CD. Just so that I could remember my opinions for him later, I ended up giving myself the homework of writing down what I thought of each song, plus a summary of each album. Problem is, the main time that I have to listen to music nowadays is at work, so I tended to get into a mood fairly often.

We're still dating, so I guess I passed.

In the meantime, hooray for the new PM Dawn CD! I don't care how it's listed, I just want it.

wendyful04
01-19-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm dating a Juggalo who put me through a little trial by fire by loaning me his entire collection of CDs. He had everything but the new releases (Forgotten Freshness 4 and Shaggy 2 Dope's Fuck the Fuck Off), though he's recently picked up the new Dark Lotus CD. Just so that I could remember my opinions for him later, I ended up giving myself the homework of writing down what I thought of each song, plus a summary of each album. Problem is, the main time that I have to listen to music nowadays is at work, so I tended to get into a mood fairly often.

We're still dating, so I guess I passed.

In the meantime, hooray for the new PM Dawn CD! I don't care how it's listed, I just want it.

He must really trust you to lend you his collection like that!

I just burn copies for others.

Hero1
01-20-2006, 12:37 AM
BE where you at? how you feeling?

byrdie
01-20-2006, 03:07 AM
He must really trust you to lend you his collection like that!

I just burn copies for others.
He wasn't set up to burn copies (he doesn't have a computer), and I think he wanted to show me how much he did trust me. I haven't watched the DVDs yet, though -- his new roommate was chomping at the bit for him to get the CDs back so that they could listen to them. So his collection is back where it belongs, safe and sound.

And yeah -- where is Be? I hope he's doing okay. :(

Chief
01-20-2006, 10:01 AM
no shit....i hope hes ok.....for whatever reason, he was on my mind heavily last night....

wendyful04
01-20-2006, 04:25 PM
no shit....i hope hes ok.....for whatever reason, he was on my mind heavily last night....

I read his old post in Listen Up! and what he wrote kept coming into my thoughts so much that I dreamed with him.

aerotrooper
01-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I read his old post in Listen Up! and what he wrote kept coming into my thoughts so much that I dreamed with him.

I thought it was so cool that he jumped in on that thread. We were/are all being very straight forward. I always thought he was just venting a little and being honest. I think it's clear we all go through alot and Be especially is in touch with all the various levels of the stuff. I'm choosing to be confident in the fact that he's alive and doing well and making music with J.C. as stated in the infanite dedication. I think he's O.K. and I'd be happy if he just put out a piece of work that was something different than the previous works we know. It's been a while and If a new album does come out I hope everyone appreciates it for whatever it is.

Cozmo D
01-20-2006, 08:10 PM
You dreamed with him?:think:

wendyful04
01-20-2006, 10:03 PM
You dreamed with him?:think:

He was in my dreams. I don't know why I wrote it that way.

Cozmo D
01-20-2006, 11:16 PM
He was in my dreams. I don't know why I wrote it that way.
Freudian slip? :yeahbaby:

Hero1
01-21-2006, 07:35 AM
if they dream it do you still consider that groupie action :haha: :haha:

wendyful04
01-21-2006, 10:15 AM
if they dream it do you still consider that groupie action :haha: :haha:

good one
He wasn't "BE of PMDAWN" in my dream, he was just the guy who wrote that.

I'll try to have a backstage dream next time, I promise.

Chief
01-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Prezeeeennnnnttssss Be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!