PDA

View Full Version : Park Destinations 2006 (as if anyone cares)!!!

Louis85
12-15-2005, 10:53 AM
My tenative park destination list for 2006 is as follows (in no apparent order):

Stratasphere Hotel, Las Vegas, NV (scared to death)
Universal Studios, Hollywood, CA (comparing to the Orlando one)
Holiday World, Santa Claus, IN (Voyage, whooohoo baby!)
Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA (the ever elusive one)
Kennywood, West Miffin, PA (of course)
Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH (of course)
Lake Compounce, Bristol, CN (dream on)
Kings Island, Kings Mills, OH (Gotta ride Italian Job)

Recap of 2005

Knott's Berry Farm
Cedar Point
Universal Studios
Islands of Adventure
Kennywood Park
Dorney Park
Kneobel's
Hersheypark
Geagua Lake
Disney's Magic Kingdom
Disney's MGM Studios

Louis

wendyful04
12-15-2005, 10:56 AM

Louis

What's this one about?

Brian221
12-15-2005, 11:26 AM

For real? I was there last summer and it looked pretty weak -- didn't even waste our time on it. (rode the Beast 4 times though -- holy shiiiiiiiat that ride rocks)

Louis85
12-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Italian Job: Stunt Coaster was the new coaster PKI added to the park. If you saw the movie, the ride was themed just like the chase scene. The train even looks like little Mini Coopers. It's pretty sweet.

Here is a link to the new one that will be put in Kings Dominion:

http://www.kingsdominion.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=235

Brian221
12-15-2005, 11:29 AM
P.S. -- Anyone who wants to visit Six Flags Great America (just north of Chicago) let me know and I may join ya. Probably getting a six flags season pass this year.

Louis85
12-15-2005, 11:36 AM
For real? I was there last summer and it looked pretty weak -- didn't even waste our time on it. (rode the Beast 4 times though -- holy shiiiiiiiat that ride rocks)

The BEAST is the shiiiat! It's 3 times better at night!! It was my number one woodie for the longest time (until I went to Holiday World). Italian Job is all about the theming, I guess. There is no coaster themed quite like it out there.

The biggest suprise of 2005 was definitely Hersheypark. They have added some great rides there since I had last been there. Storm Runner and Rollersoaker were awesome! Man did I get wet on that thing. It was cool to dive bomb water on people passing by. I couldn't stop laughing at that. Next year they are adding a dark ride that pits car vs. car in laser tag. THAT will be cool, and probably better than Scooby Doo, Men in Black, and various other laser shooting dark rides. Its called the Reese's Xtreme Cup challenge. http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions/hersheypark/rides/reeses_xtreme/index.html

Kudos to Hersheypark.

Louis

pmFan
12-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Have you seen SheiKra at Busch Gardens Tampa? My brother and I really like it!

Terrick
12-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Italian Job isn't very cool. At least not for the time you would have to wait in line to get on it. I went straight to it when the park opened because we knew it would have a big line, so it was almost worth it since we only had to wait ten minutes to get on. It seems more like a kid's ride, though. Just go on Flight of Fear a few times to make up for it.

I want to go to cedar point with you! I might have to arrange a road trip for spring break because Top Thrill Dragster alone is worth the drive. And Millenium Force is awesome. And you're making me want to go again!

Wheeljak
12-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Stratasphere Hotel, Las Vegas, NV (scared to death) Everything at the Stratosphere is scary; just going up on the roof to get to the rides is scary in and of itself. 1,000 feet, straight down, and desert winds that make the tower itself wobble ever so slightly (you really notice that from the observation deck). Of course, since you've probably been rock climbing, I doubt that you'll be rattled by that.
Make sure that you go up in the daytime, though... the view from up there is very pretty at night, but you can see the whole valley when the sun is up. We were there around sundown, and the rosy sky behind the purple desert mountains would have taken our breath away, if the fear hadn't taken it already.
I rode the vertical ride on the center of the tower that shoots you a couple hundred feet straight up from the roof, and gives you some good Gs, and a view that can't be beat anywhere else in Vegas. I kept my bee-hind off the ones that are over the side, though-- That's just a bit too much for me.
One of the rides got stuck about a week after I came back from Vegas, and it just so happens that it's the one that shoots you over the side, and stops you right before you plummet to your death. The poor folks were hanging out on the far end of that thing, staring at the abyss for 90 minutes. I wonder what was going through their minds...