PDA

View Full Version : Keep your Wendy's cups for me!

Terrick
11-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Wendy's has a promotion where if you collect 64 20oz or 32oz cups, you get a free roundtrip flight from airtran. I know most people don't keep their cups because they think they'll never keep track of them, never save that many, or just don't care.

So, I'm asking everyone here who buys a cup from Wendy's to cut out their coupons and send them to me. I'll pay for your shipping charges (please don't just send one and make me pay like, two bucks or something. i could buy a drink for 1.29). I'm serious about this. I can only afford to visit my girlfriend like, once a year, and a free plane ticket would make that a lot easier for me. Or I'll be able to bring her here.

Anyway, please send me your coupons if you intend on just throwing your cups away. My friend and I already considered stealing trash and digging through it this week.

If anyone really wants to help, PM me and I'll give you my address.

Thanks.

Brian221
11-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Why don't you hang out at a wendy's for a few days snagging cups from the trash?

pmFan
11-22-2005, 05:20 PM
HA! Dumpster diving was my first thought, too! One night of dirty jeans might be worth a trip to see the girl! :D

How many cups do you need?

Chief
11-22-2005, 05:29 PM
LOL....terrick..if you go dumpster diving (and i want video) i will have your back on this...roflmao

Wheeljak
11-22-2005, 07:09 PM
"Keep your Wendy's cups for me!"
I just know there's a Wendyful joke in there somewhere...:D

wendyful04
11-22-2005, 09:04 PM
That's f-en weird. This teacher randomly bought me lunch from Wendy's today and then apologized profusely for dropping my drink in the hallway.( I don't know why someone would buy me lunch without asking first anyways.)

Sorry, I didn't think to go out and get the cup.

Terrick
11-22-2005, 09:34 PM
i'm actually supposed to go dumpster diving with someone on friday night. i still want to get as many clean ones as i can, though. who knows how many i'll be able to get before i give up. I just need at least 64. If I get 128, i'll either bring her here or have someone go there with me so i don't have to travel alone. but if i can find 64 people to each send me one cup coupon, it would probably be easier.

pmFan
11-22-2005, 09:48 PM
"Keep your Wendy's cups for me!"
I just know there's a Wendyful joke in there somewhere...:D
I almost did not open the message at work - I thought it might be some reference to boobs! I didn't need another picture like Chief's sig popping up at work! :p heh heh "popping up" heh heh (knock it off, Beavis!)

Terrick
11-22-2005, 09:50 PM
LOL....terrick..if you go dumpster diving (and i want video) i will have your back on this...roflmao

does that mean that if i give you a video of me in a dumpster, you'll send me 64 wendy's cups?

wendyful04
11-22-2005, 10:16 PM
i'm actually supposed to go dumpster diving with someone on friday night. i still want to get as many clean ones as i can, though. who knows how many i'll be able to get before i give up. I just need at least 64. If I get 128, i'll either bring her here or have someone go there with me so i don't have to travel alone. but if i can find 64 people to each send me one cup coupon, it would probably be easier.

You have a dumpster date. And you want to get "clean ones".

Between this post and the dreadlock pics on Halloween, I am going to file you under "crazed daring bird" in my mind.

Save Terrick

Mistress M
11-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Wish I could help, dude, but no Wendy's around here. There aren't too many "name-brand" fast food joints in my hood...I have all the knock-offs: No Kentucky Fried, just Kennedy's fried...no Subway, just "Bawston Subs"...no "Dunk'n Doughnuts" just "Dunk'YA Donuts"...

Although I wish there was, cause I'd be dumpster diving for the cups myself!

Wheeljak
11-23-2005, 02:04 AM
Wish I could help, dude, but no Wendy's around here. There aren't too many "name-brand" fast food joints in my hood...I have all the knock-offs: No Kentucky Fried, just Kennedy's fried...no Subway, just "Bawston Subs"...no "Dunk'n Doughnuts" just "Dunk'YA Donuts"...

Although I wish there was, cause I'd be dumpster diving for the cups myself!
I've heard of Kennedy Fried Chicken (and noticed their logo, which is suspiciously similar to Kentucky Fried Chicken's old logo), but are you serious? "Dunk'YA Donuts"??
When I was a kid, Louisville had a few restaurants called Burger Queen. The food was bad, and they had a very stupid mascot called Queenie Bee; some woman dressed in a really fat, really fuzzy bumblebee costume.

Cozmo D
11-23-2005, 02:32 AM
You got a link for this Terrick, 'cause it don't sound right to me. Free roundtrip tickets for $3 worth of paper cups? Don't smell right to me...

Wheeljak
11-23-2005, 02:49 AM
Here ya go, Coz...
http://www.airtran.com/wendys_offer.aspx

Google is our friend. Use it. :rolleyes:

Cozmo D
11-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Here ya go, Coz...
http://www.airtran.com/wendys_offer.aspx

Google is our friend. Use it. :rolleyes:
Already did smart ass!:p

Apparently people are scoring on this thing, though you still have to pay the taxes so if it's a normally expensive flight it'll cost ya. Half of my wife's family works at Wendy's, so I'ma be 1 flyin mofo!:D

pmFan
11-23-2005, 04:13 AM
Half of my wife's family works at Wendy's, so I'ma be 1 flyin mofo!:D
READ: GENERAL: Void where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Wendy's International, Inc., their respective affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and the immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.

Etherspin
11-23-2005, 04:36 AM
did someone mention wendy's cups??

Cozmo D
11-23-2005, 05:32 AM
READ: GENERAL: Void where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Wendy's International, Inc., their respective affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and the immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
Another smart ass huh?:p

You can read all of that fine print, but you can't see where I said my WIFE'S family! :D

Cozmo D
11-23-2005, 05:34 AM
did someone mention wendy's cups??
:D :D :D :D :D

SaintHax
11-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Terrick's life seems to get more depressing each year

wendyful04
11-23-2005, 10:35 AM
I've heard of Kennedy Fried Chicken (and noticed their logo, which is suspiciously similar to Kentucky Fried Chicken's old logo), but are you serious? "Dunk'YA Donuts"??
When I was a kid, Louisville had a few restaurants called Burger Queen. The food was bad, and they had a very stupid mascot called Queenie Bee; some woman dressed in a really fat, really fuzzy bumblebee costume.

There's a store in the ghetto up the road and it's called Sto'.

My cups my cups
my lovely lady cups

Wheeljak
11-23-2005, 12:56 PM
My cups my cups my lovely lady cups
Are they Biggie cups?

set and spike!:D

wendyful04
11-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Are they Biggie cups?

set and spike!:D

see for yourself

Terrick
11-23-2005, 01:32 PM
if it's a normally expensive flight it'll cost ya. Half of my wife's family works at Wendy's, so I'ma be 1 flyin mofo!:D

send the leftovers my way!

my last flight there was about 150 at most after taxes. either way, it's still gonna be cheaper for me.

Wheeljak
11-23-2005, 03:14 PM
see for yourself Awww, yeah!
I'll bet if you send that to AirTran, they'll not only give you a round trip ticket, but they'll let you fly the plane too.

Pmfan fortold the imminent coming of Wendy's cups.
All eyes behold the fruition of pmfan's words of sooth!

pmFan
11-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Pmfan fortold the imminent coming of Wendy's cups.
All eyes behold the fruition of pmfan's words of sooth!
heh heh yeah, yeah, behold... whatever he said! heh heh:D :D :D

Cozmo D
11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
see for yourself
Now if ya could just swing that camera to the side and give us a profile of the BOOTAY.....:D

Etherspin
11-24-2005, 06:57 PM
quit while ur ahead coz... :)

Cozmo D
11-24-2005, 09:01 PM
quit while ur ahead coz... :)
NEVER!!!:D

Mistress M
11-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Another smart ass huh?:p

You can read all of that fine print, but you can't see where I said my WIFE'S family! :D

Ahem: ."..and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate."

Although, I don't know your living arrangements, per se or anything, but...

And yeah...although the Dunk'Ya Donuts is not a franchise I don't think...it's done up to look exactly like a DND...kinda hilar...

Cozmo D
11-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Ahem: ."..and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate."

Although, I don't know your living arrangements, per se or anything, but...
We're just LOADED with smart asses around here!:rolleyes: Do you people forget that I read CONTRACTS as part of what I do for a living?:D

All of her Wendy's working family lives in the Bronx... perhaps you've seen them Mistress.:D :p

Mistress M
11-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Ahhh...read it again, grasshopper...see, they don't care where the members of the immediate family live, and they also exclude those people LIVING WITH immediate family members (read: spouses, children, or anyone else shacking up with y'all)...

Now, if you want to tell me that these magic relatives are your wife's 5th cousins, then I'd say your ass is golden...but living in the BX? Well, that just makes them cool ;)

But are you sure they work at Wendy's and not some knock-off like "Benji's"? or "Mandy's"?

Cozmo D
11-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Ahhh...read it again, grasshopper...see, they don't care where the members of the immediate family live, and they also exclude those people LIVING WITH immediate family members (read: spouses, children, or anyone else shacking up with y'all)...

Now, if you want to tell me that these magic relatives are your wife's 5th cousins, then I'd say your ass is golden...but living in the BX? Well, that just makes them cool ;)

But are you sure they work at Wendy's and not some knock-off like "Benji's"? or "Mandy's"?
Ahhh... I stand corrected. Now, how do you suppose they would go about researching such a thing?:rolleyes:

Etherspin
11-26-2005, 01:13 AM
it would only serve them if they took a double take at someone with an excessive amount ...

Mistress M
11-26-2005, 01:45 AM
Ahhh... I stand corrected. Now, how do you suppose they would go about researching such a thing?:rolleyes:

Well, first they would infiltrate your house, posing as alien beings in need of both a hiding space and anuses to probe. Then, while probing, they would ask inncouous questions, mapping out your personal situation. Once they had ascertained your familial relationships, they would report to the Wendy's executives who would then send out "Billie Bob" and "Billie Willy" who would stake out your house in thier pick-up trucks. After staking out your house, they would round up your unsuspecting family, hog-tie you, and force you to listen to country-rap (otherwise known as CRap) until you'd taken enough CRap and confessed...

It's in the fine print on the website, dude.

Wheeljak
11-26-2005, 03:26 AM
And yeah...although the Dunk'Ya Donuts is not a franchise I don't think...it's done up to look exactly like a DND...kinda hilar...

That reminds me... back in Louisville, there was also a Wendy's knockoff called Judy's. It looked remarkably like Wendy's (square patties and all) except that Judy's pigtails were brown.

Cozmo D
11-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, first they would infiltrate your house, posing as alien beings in need of both a hiding space and anuses to probe. Then, while probing, they would ask inncouous questions, mapping out your personal situation. Once they had ascertained your familial relationships, they would report to the Wendy's executives who would then send out "Billie Bob" and "Billie Willy" who would stake out your house in thier pick-up trucks. After staking out your house, they would round up your unsuspecting family, hog-tie you, and force you to listen to country-rap (otherwise known as CRap) until you'd taken enough CRap and confessed...

It's in the fine print on the website, dude.
I can see that it's in the fine print, Miss Smarty Twoshoes. Oh, sorry, MZ. Smarty Twoshoes! What I'm saying is, how the hell would they find out that member's of my WIFE's family works for Wendy's? They would first have to do a background check on me to find out if I even HAVE a wife, then a background check on her to find out her maiden name, then find out what the names of the members of her immediate family are, then see if any of them work for Wendy's. I just don't see them doing that for everybody who sends in their little pieces of cups. They would go broke!
:rolleyes: :p :D

Cozmo D
11-26-2005, 11:15 AM
it would only serve them if they took a double take at someone with an excessive amount ...
There ya go, and I would say quite an excessive amount at that!;)

wendyful04
11-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Now if ya could just swing that camera to the side and give us a profile of the BOOTAY.....:D

I took the bootay pic to end all bootay pics. As soon as I find it in my bf's hidden stash (he stole it from me), I will scan it and.........

wendyful04
11-26-2005, 12:30 PM
then I'd say your ass is golden...

BTW, did anyone see the new special edition DVD of The Outsiders for sale for Christmas? I saw it at Best Buy yesterday.

might be a good gift for Be

Mistress M
11-26-2005, 01:58 PM
I can see that it's in the fine print, Miss Smarty Twoshoes. Oh, sorry, MZ. Smarty Twoshoes! What I'm saying is, how the hell would they find out that member's of my WIFE's family works for Wendy's? They would first have to do a background check on me to find out if I even HAVE a wife, then a background check on her to find out her maiden name, then find out what the names of the members of her immediate family are, then see if any of them work for Wendy's. I just don't see them doing that for everybody who sends in their little pieces of cups. They would go broke!
:rolleyes: :p :D

Hehe, I wasn't being serious...you're right, they'd never make the effort unless you started getting a whole lotta free tickets. No flying your entire family to Maui. I just wanted an excuse to write a post about alien anal probes. :D

pmFan
11-26-2005, 02:45 PM
I agree. I am in the marketing business - in fact, we did a marketing thing for McDonalds giving away a big prize. With the data that we collect, I would imagine that they have all employees info in a database. It is not hard to compare entry addresses to employees' addresses. Also, names can be compared to see if employees are entering. Same last names at the same address as an employee would send up a red flag.

Obviously, if John Brown works at wendy's and his sister Niki Jones (married Mike Jones, lives in their own house) sends in for 2 free tickets, they won't think much of it.

But if Niki sends in for 12 free round trip tickets, they are sure to dig into the employees info for the few wendy's near Niki's house. They might also look to challenge the actual purchases of the cups.

I agree that they will probably only look into the excessive amounts, but they will probably also do simple checks to see if employees are entering.

BTW, Coz, just bustin ya chops when I posted the rules, I am sure you could see around it all!

I thought the alien probe angle was funny, Mistress!!!!

Cozmo D
11-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Hehe, I wasn't being serious...you're right, they'd never make the effort unless you started getting a whole lotta free tickets. No flying your entire family to Maui. I just wanted an excuse to write a post about alien anal probes. :D
You see, you just set me up for the perfect bootay comeback, but since I don't wanna scare you off for another 3 years.....

:p :p :p

Cozmo D
11-27-2005, 04:12 AM
I agree. I am in the marketing business - in fact, we did a marketing thing for McDonalds giving away a big prize. With the data that we collect, I would imagine that they have all employees info in a database. It is not hard to compare entry addresses to employees' addresses. Also, names can be compared to see if employees are entering. Same last names at the same address as an employee would send up a red flag.

Obviously, if John Brown works at wendy's and his sister Niki Jones (married Mike Jones, lives in their own house) sends in for 2 free tickets, they won't think much of it.

But if Niki sends in for 12 free round trip tickets, they are sure to dig into the employees info for the few wendy's near Niki's house. They might also look to challenge the actual purchases of the cups.

I agree that they will probably only look into the excessive amounts, but they will probably also do simple checks to see if employees are entering.

BTW, Coz, just bustin ya chops when I posted the rules, I am sure you could see around it all!

I thought the alien probe angle was funny, Mistress!!!!
I still say you're a smartass! I'm watchin you Mr. Fan!!! :mad:

pmFan
11-27-2005, 08:06 PM
I still say you're a smartass! I'm watchin you Mr. Fan!!! :mad:HA! You are probably right! Most folks think I am a smart ass or at least stirring the pot. Some think I am the smartass that usually stirs the pot! Just call me the wooden spoon...:D

Mistress M
11-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Spoon!

Hero1
11-30-2005, 10:39 AM
terricks done an FD I take it haha

pmFan
12-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Terrick - I got 2 cups! Everyone I saw had biggie sized their combos, so they did not get the cup that counts. Anyway, my wife (stays at home with one kid while the other is in preschool) goes out now and then and said she would try to hit Wendy's a few times for more cups for you. Do you want these now? Or wait until we have a few more? I know we'll never collect enough to make it worth while for us (although on some days a one-way ticket for the 4-year-old doesn't sound bad...), might as well give them to someone who can use them...:D

pmFan
12-03-2005, 02:05 PM
BTW, Terrick, did you ever make it dumpster diving? How many cups did you get?

Chief
12-03-2005, 02:17 PM
im still waiting for the video before i start collecting..:)

Terrick
12-04-2005, 01:11 AM
thanks! let me know when they get sick of wendy's and then send them to save on shipping.

i didn't get to go dumpster diving yet because the kid whose dad's truck we were supposed to use hasn't had a free weekend yet. i still plan on doing it, though.

fd
12-04-2005, 08:36 PM
terricks done an FD I take it haha

hardy ha ha