PDA

View Full Version : Yall are my family

Chief
11-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Could ya give a moment for the passing of my grandmother?
Now could you do yourself a favor? Think about family members that you dont find time for. Those people that you find yourself doing other things than being with them. Those people hold the knowledge of your family, your history. I made that decision years ago to get to know grandma better, and it paid off immensely. Dont regrett spending time with your family people..Dont look back.. I found out family secrets that nobody ever bothered to tell me. Ironically enough, my last visit with my grandma was histarical.

You see, my car is broken down. I have an uncle who (supposedly) is good with cars. I made the comment to grandma last week that if Uncle Russ was in town, he wouldve had my car fixed right away. She told me to listen "Your Uncle Russ cant fix anything" I was astonished...I said,"Really?" She stated "Yea, usually the car is worse than it was before he worked on it" I laughed....I said "But grandma, he owns and runs his own small engine repair shop" to which her reply was classic...."Yea, I know, and we still cant figure that one out!!" I was laughing my ass off....Im sorry, but it was almost like she knew her time was up, and she was making sure that I didnt let him work on my car while he was up here for the funeral...ROFLMAO.....God bless her........

SaintHax
11-14-2005, 03:27 PM
.................................................. ...........................................

justafan
11-14-2005, 05:15 PM

pmFan
11-14-2005, 05:40 PM
.................................................. ............................
I miss mine, too.

Mistress M
11-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Chief, I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my grandfather two years ago next month and it was one of the worst times of my life. Always cherish the stories, and pass them down to your children -- it's the best honor you can give.

Wheeljak
11-14-2005, 07:17 PM

Harmeister
11-14-2005, 07:17 PM

ChrisLDog
11-14-2005, 08:44 PM

Cozmo D
11-14-2005, 09:12 PM
.................................................. ..................................................

You're so right about grandmas Chief. I'm really glad that you had the blessing of getting close with her. I know that getting close to mine was 1 of the most important and rewarding things of my life. My deepest condolences my friend. :(

wendyful04
11-14-2005, 09:55 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............

I'm glad you enjoyed her company. I regret so much with my mother's mother.

can
11-14-2005, 10:17 PM

i lost my grandma two years ago on christmas morning, i regret that i did not get to take more trips to be with her.but to close the gap i introduced her to the internet, and we exchanged e-mails on a regular basis.... she is still in my contact list/address book..... i guess in a way, she is still with me, watching over me....

sdldawn
11-15-2005, 12:22 AM

Is*it*my*turn
11-15-2005, 03:54 AM

We feel your pain.

Etherspin
11-15-2005, 05:14 AM
your advice is very true and im very sorry to hear this,its good that you had that nice connection, thoughts are with you and its true you often dont guess which family members know best whats what.. we're with you

frEk
11-15-2005, 07:58 AM
take chiefs advice seriously, if i could go back in time i wouldve been so much different with my father.

humanity_Sin_egma
11-15-2005, 12:54 PM
.......always with you..........always watching.........all................
bless your family chief.............you always do here.................

Louis85
11-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Chief,

That whole passage made me laugh, 'cause it sounded like my grandma. But she would have said it a bit more crass than that. She would have said it more like this: "Shiiiiiiit! His lazy ass can't fix a damn thing." :)

Sorry for your loss man, I've missed my grandma ever since March of this year. It's a much different life without her in it. :(

.................................................. ...........................

Louis

xtristessax
11-18-2005, 02:54 PM
you are so very right. you never know how much time you are going to have with your family members, even the closest ones. my father passed away when i was 18, it was unexpected and painful, and i only wish i would have spent more time getting to know him. i was young, and still am, but it has made me understand the importance of how little time we have on this earth.

thanks for that.

Chief
11-18-2005, 04:30 PM
thanks folks......its appreciated...

Hero1
11-18-2005, 11:03 PM

SweetNsoFLyy
11-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Chief it was really good to hear your voice the other day. (Coz too)..and I was sad to hear abt ur grandmom passing away... Thats a really huge pill to swallow. She really did have a great sense of humour, and that will be one moment in time that you will always look back on and have one of the best memories of her... i cracked up when i read what she said...

imma call u again when we both have some down time...

peace,
cookie