PDA

View Full Version : i'm tired of college

Terrick
09-07-2005, 09:46 AM
and i've only been here for a week. "Here" is still Bloomington, my beginning french teacher refuses to teach us in english (I took three years of latin in high school. i have no idea what's going on), my roommate sucks at keeping things clean, and I have to use every bit of energy in me to get across campus in under 15 minutes in between classes. Oh, and my apartment's windows are not soundproof at all, so I get to hear all the parties around me every weekend until 4am. So far I think I still liked high school more.

WokenMan
09-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I remember those feelings and I hated every second of it. I know where you're coming from. That's why, when I went back to school to get a better degree, I did it online.

Brian221
09-07-2005, 01:23 PM
...if you can't beat 'em, join em.

Be a slob and party...why else go to college?

can
09-07-2005, 02:28 PM
ahh, it can only get better then... you will soon be an olympic sprinter, by the sound of it, good luck with french.

Mistress M
09-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Hey, I've only been teaching this semester for two weeks now, and I'm ready for the smester to be over. The brats are driving me CRAZY because I placed all the readings on reserve at the library for them to read there or photocopy. You would think I'm asking for the fucking world!!! I'm like "If *I* took the damn time to photocopy them, so can you." and one girl was like "well what am I supposed to be learning wasting my time doing photocopies?" and I'm like "Hey honey, you get out in the real world, you think you're not going to have tedious and boring moments at your job standing over a photocopy machine? no one said life was fair"

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Oh, shit. does this count as drama? Am I in the wrong forum?

Anyway, I'm on the teaching side, Terrick, and I'm going crazy right now too, so we're in it together.

And most college language classes are taught like that, with the exception of Chinese, Arabic, or other languages that are outside the latinate. It's hard at first, but you'll get better at it, and the profs realize that it's harder (although pedagogically better) so they'll take that into account in your grade. Don't panic! Just be sure to talk to your teacher and let her know you have no prior French experience, and I'm sure she'll be understanding.

Profs are people too, you know...even if sometimes our students treat us like we're not...*sniff* *sniff*

Terrick
09-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I was actually planning on dropping french tomorrow and hoping spanish or portugese would be a little easier next semester or year. With what you said, I might stay, but I'm still debating because right now I can't see myself passing french.

Louis85
09-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Ahhhh, freshman year....you gotta luv it...

Hang in there Terrick man. It will get better hopefully. You have to give the place a chance. Remember these are the first days of the rest of your life, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

;)

Raefin
09-08-2005, 11:41 AM
It's all the same language pretty much. However, depending upon where you live, one of the languages will be more useful than the other.