PDA

View Full Version : P.M. Dawn on Hit Me Baby 1 More Time

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Just got a call from Be. Turns out, they've been asked to shoot the season finale in LA next week. They want them to do either Set Adrift or I'd Die Without You and to do a cover of a recent hit song ( I suggested they do Die Without You for obvious reasons).

So, Be is asking our immediate help on choosing a recent hit for them to perform. So, whadaya say fam? :)

SaintHax
06-24-2005, 12:29 AM
I'd Die Without You is priceless

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 12:34 AM
A recent hit (Last year or so) from some other artist. ;)

Wheeljak
06-24-2005, 12:35 AM
That is so weird! I was watching that show tonight and I was thinking, "I wonder if PM Dawn would agree to be on that show?"
I'm so glad that they will be on.

I'm grinding the gears in my head, trying to think of a good recent hit for them to do. It's a real challenge to find the perfect song for them, so I'll have to post later when I find something that's both well-known and good.

justafan
06-24-2005, 12:51 AM
awesome, I have to watch now....

I am very excited.

Wheeljak
06-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Do Be and JC like Seal?
I think I'd like to see them do a PM Dawn'd out rendition of Seal's Waiting for You.
Also, since the song gets so doggone repetitive after the first verse, it lends itself well to the way the cover songs are condensed for the show.

justafan
06-24-2005, 12:58 AM
Do Be and JC like Seal?
I think I'd like to see them do a PM Dawn'd out rendition of Seal's Waiting for You.
Also, since the song gets so doggone repetitive after the first verse, it lends itself well to the way the cover songs are condensed for the show.

but that have to do something mainstream...

Etherspin
06-24-2005, 05:44 AM
i thought of that too wheeljak.. how is that not mainstream? what about a different take on one of the coldplay songs.. anything thats good and also has the etheric feel of pm dawn ... something that could really do with Be's vocals to improve it...

Etherspin
06-24-2005, 05:46 AM
what network will this be on ?? i wonder if it will be in australia.. we have mtv and vh1 on cable

eternals layre
06-24-2005, 08:16 AM
nbc
I'd Die Without You

top song from a year. hmm you would have to play to the croud on this one. They are the ones to vote and they are for the most part young. ill watch the past shows again to get a feel of what they follow along with .

onegalacticwino
06-24-2005, 08:43 AM
I looked up and down the charts, and I have to say the Coldplay suggestion is not a bad one. Something like "Clocks" might work. I don't know how back they can go -- but how about "100 Years" by Five for Fighting (a year or two old) -- that would show off Be's falsetto range. But then again, if they're starting with the ballad "I'd Die ...", maybe they should funk it up -- no, DEFINITELY they should funk it up for their second, to show the range. Maybe some Black Eyed Peas or something. Either way ... I'm PSYCHED!!

Louis85
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Be perform Seal's "Heavenly".

Brian221
06-24-2005, 09:58 AM
I agree with Coz - I'd Die Without You for sure....

Then I've really been thinking about the cover tune...

...in order of suggestion...

Maroon 5 - This Love
Gavin DeGraw - I Don't Wanna Be
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams (I Walk Alone)

Chief
06-24-2005, 10:55 AM
what about that milkshake song..:) jk....

I agree with Gavin Degraw one...IMO would fit perfectly

PsychoMan
06-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams (I Walk Alone)

Greg Kihn covered Boulevard of Broken Dreams in this week's episode...

Hmmm, this is going to be tough. I'm drawing a complete blank right now... time to go looking through the charts of the past year...

Terrick
06-24-2005, 12:12 PM
alicia keys - fallin'

i dunno, i'm thinking. i haven't even listened to the radio for years.

Terrick
06-24-2005, 12:17 PM
or Brick (ben folds five)! everybody knows brick

or is that not recent enough?

Be
06-24-2005, 02:14 PM
i only hope that they let me do a ben folds song....but what about that superman song that came out a lil while ago...or sideways by citizen cope

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 02:14 PM
How well did "Ordinary People" by John Legend do on the Pop charts?

My opinion is Be has to pick a song that did well both Pop and R&B, 'cause it's gonna take black votes for him to win. Otherwise I think the Coldplay suggestions are an excellent choice.

Here's another that has crossed my mind, though it turns my stomach to suggest it. "Lonely No More" by Rob Thomas.

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 02:21 PM
I like that "Sideways" song, how well did it do?

justafan
06-24-2005, 04:04 PM
ordinary people, that is my choice

xtristessax
06-24-2005, 04:12 PM
this is really hard question to answer. you know, you want what is artistically best for a group, but you don't want the group to suffer for not having "pop" appeal. something that Be could sing, that also is popular right now(or has been popular in the last couple years)...?

John Legend's "Used To Love U"
Bobby Valentino's "Slow Down"
U2's "Stuck In A Moment" or "Walk On"

Alicia Keys "Fallin" was performed by Thelma Houston on last nights show, so thats prolly a no go.

I like the Coldplay suggestion. Ben Folds might be a difficult one but I like it. Out of the ones I listed I think i'd pic the John Legend song. John Legend's voice and Be's voice are a tonal match to me.

Terrick
06-24-2005, 04:41 PM
raining in baltimore by counting crows? i don't know how a counting crows song would work with pm dawn, though. but i'd be really happy if it turned out to be a ben folds song. Ooh, The Luckiest! I've never heard a cover of the luckiest. that's one of my favorite songs ever.

can
06-24-2005, 05:07 PM
i like the ordinary people song, by john legend

Hero1
06-24-2005, 07:38 PM
id like to see pm dawn do a cover of a huge song and show them what they can do.. yes i think they could flip an awesome version of sumthin like holllaback girl.. u gotta make an impact and the best way 2 do it is take a hugely popular song that every1 knows and show em how much better u can make it

Hero1
06-24-2005, 07:40 PM
i agree with coz they gotta do "id die without you" that would have a serious impact..more than set adrift because of the emotional impact

xtristessax
06-24-2005, 08:54 PM
i don't know, the slower songs aren't voted for on that show. depends on if you want to win or not.

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Hmmm...I've never seen the show so I'm completely in the dark. Good observation Kristen. :)

xtristessax
06-24-2005, 09:23 PM
also that audience is almost COMPLETELY WHITE, its an LA studio audience...you know how those go.

however, Thelma Houston won last night and she tore the house down, its not like they're prejudice or anything. arrested development also won in the first week. and vanilla ice, well, i don't know how he won, but he did cover "Survivor" by Destiny's Child!!!

i'm very excited about their opportunity for exposure. and thanks Coz.

xtristessax
06-24-2005, 09:30 PM
also check this out:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Hit_Me_Baby/bios/pm_dawn.shtml

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 09:38 PM
also that audience is almost COMPLETELY WHITE, its an LA studio audience...you know how those go.

however, Thelma Houston won last night and she tore the house down, its not like they're prejudice or anything. arrested development also won in the first week. and vanilla ice, well, i don't know how he won, but he did cover "Survivor" by Destiny's Child!!!

i'm very excited about their opportunity for exposure. and thanks Coz.
OK, see that's what I get for having never watched the show. I was ASSuming it was like American Idol with a call in vote. My vote is officially for "Clocks" then! Glad you're on point Kristen! :)

xtristessax
06-24-2005, 09:50 PM
no problem. :P

Harmeister
06-24-2005, 10:15 PM
I agree with Be on the superman song. I can't think of the artist though. But since I'd Die Without You is a slow song, it probably needs to be a little more up beat (as was also said before).

I know you guys might not like him that much, but Switch (http://www.kiss108.com/timages/page/media/willsmith_switch.asf) by Will Smith would probably be good (for the venue). As would Pon De Replay (http://www.kiss108.com/timages/page/media/Pon_De_Replay__Rihanna.wma) by Rihanna

I also like Let Me Go (http://www.kiss108.com/timages/page/media/Let_Me_Go__3_Doors_Down.asf) by 3 Doors Down, it's one of those songs you vibe too. Neither fast, nor slow.

And, just cause it sounds good: Lonely No More (http://www.kiss108.com/timages/page/media/robthomaslonelynomore.asf) by Rob Thomas

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 10:26 PM
OK, turns out that good old industry bullshit strikes again! They want them to do "Set Adrift", and they gave them a choice of 5 songs to choose from to cover. Be chose "Blurry" by Puddle Of Mud. I fukkin LOVE that song! :)

Never mind... :D

More GREAT news to come! ;)

daback-daboot
06-24-2005, 10:27 PM
I agree with Be on the superman song. I can't think of the artist though.
you guys are NOT refering to the 3 doors down superman song, right?

Terrick
06-25-2005, 02:49 AM
does anyone know when this episode is supposed to air?

xtristessax
06-25-2005, 03:59 AM
NBC Thursday at 9/8c pm. Also, other episodes from earlier this season are being shown tuesday at 8/7c pm.

Etherspin
06-25-2005, 08:31 AM
id deffo pay to view this

Hero1
06-25-2005, 08:45 AM
we need to have some solid information about pm dawn on the sites when every1 starts searching after the show.. can we open this forum up a little more too dont wanna scare new folks off

Hero1
06-25-2005, 08:49 AM
hey xtrisse can you explain this show 2 me a little.. if pm dawn win do they get invited back?

Cozmo D
06-25-2005, 10:17 AM
hey xtrisse can you explain this show 2 me a little.. if pm dawn win do they get invited back?
I don't know how the show works, but Be tells me they will be on a tour with the other contestants when it's finished. :)

xtristessax
06-25-2005, 10:39 AM
each week there are 5-6 performers/groups that play. the beginning of the show consists of showing some "then and now" type stuff about the performers of the evening. during the first round, each performer does one of their #1 hits for the audience. there is also some breif interviewing before each artist performs. then there is a second round, where each performer chooses a recent #1 hit to cover. after everyone has performed THE AUDIENCE chooses who was the best (so you do not call in its all up to the audience that night), and the winner gets something like $20,000 donated to their favorite charity. then, the winner performs there #1 hit again as the show closes. the host is british, the show is originally british.

also, you can vote on the internet, but they don't announce who won that vote until the following week. interestingly the internet winner is often different from the audience winner, but many factors can cause that. i was checking the message boards of the show's website and people are really pissed about the audience "vote" and say that NBC rigs the winner. who knows.

also, i don't know if there is a final show where all the winners compete to be the top winner. there was in the british version, and Tiffany won it.

sffawn
06-25-2005, 10:41 AM
I vote for Set Adrift. It has an awesome life span...
Plus its like having two Great 80's hits in one.

SaintHax
06-25-2005, 11:01 AM

Cozmo D
06-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Yer a bit late Hax! :p

http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42675&postcount=30

SaintHax
06-25-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm allowed to not pay attention...I'm trying to figure out how to shift traffic over to another server really quick incase this one get plowed.

SaintHax
06-25-2005, 11:23 AM
OK I'm bringing a monster server online, going to load balance it with the current server...I'm really not sure what to expect from a TV show like this...you'd think not that many people watch it but then again...

Hero1
06-25-2005, 09:41 PM
well it was in the top 20 a few weeks ago with about 9-10 million people watching

Hero1
06-25-2005, 09:46 PM
its averaged about 7 million against the basketball..so hopefully the ratings will be even better for pm dawns performance now thats finished

aerotrooper
06-25-2005, 10:35 PM
According to the NBC site they seem to be pushing for a performance of "Set adrift on memory bliss."
Does anyone know if the will be on this thursday's new episode or later?
As far as suggestions for a recent popular hit to perform, I really haven't been following... Mindy Smith's "Come to Jesus" has been on the radio up here on the soft rock, pop, and alternative stations. I didn't see it on Billboard's top 100 though. I'm not sure what they're rules are for the second performance.
Whatever they do I hope they do it stripped down so they cut through some of the "noise" of that show. However they do it... I'm sure it'll come from the heart and be good.
I still have a hard time believing I'll be seeing them on my T.V. set. I would be glued to the screen for the first time in memory.

Cozmo D
06-25-2005, 10:57 PM
OK, again for those of us who's attention spans are too short to follow the thread.

They WILL be performing "Set Adrift" and "Blurry" by Puddle Of Mud. They're videoing this week so my guess is it will be shown this week.

aerotrooper
06-25-2005, 11:45 PM
The initial question had nothing to do with selecting they're single... Being unsure myself with the thread being so peppered with "set adrift" or "I'd die without you" I thought I'd address that issue.
Cozmo D! what do you expect... most of us don't see the color blue in the same manner.

Harmeister
06-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Yes, it will be shown this week. If you look at the nbc site, they are listed as performing on 6/30 (this thursday)

aerotrooper
06-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks alot, ya know I've never even seen one of there music video's so this will really be somethin' for me. I was in Boston a few years back and they were building this huge bridge coming into downtown. It looked like it would be cool when it was finished. Did that really happen or did I dream that? Anyhow, Thanks

Harmeister
06-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Yup. The bridge is finished. In fact, I drove on it today on my way to the airport (currently in DC for a conference)

spidey
06-27-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm there, dude!

daback-daboot
06-27-2005, 02:36 AM
channel, day, time please. If I missed it I apologise....

Cozmo D
06-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Thursday on NBC. Check your local listings for what time and channel. :)

Hero1
06-27-2005, 07:47 AM
this calls for a mass e-mail mods!

eternals layre
06-27-2005, 11:07 AM
I have hit all the mailing list i run.

SaintHax
06-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Forum member list has been hit, got a lot of returned mail though. Probably time to purge inactive accounts after all this is over.

Paisan
06-27-2005, 02:14 PM
My answer:

1) any song
2) ANY SONG!!!! Seriously. Who would have thought that Be would make a great rendition of Once in a Lifetime
3) I'd Die Without You will bring the masses back (more than Set Adrift)
4) Maybe the Alicia Keys/Usher duet If I Ain't Got You

nilepez
06-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Well I guess it's time to take a look at this show again. I saw it the first week, and it was pretty bad. Arrested Dev were good, as was (surprisingly) The Knack, but the rest didn't do much for me and Tiffany was positively awful. Singing on key isn't optional.

I must be out of it on PM Dawn hits....I always figured Reality use to be a Friend Of Mine was a big hit...but I haven't listed to Pop stations in more than 20 years.

SaintHax
06-27-2005, 02:31 PM
we need to have some solid information about pm dawn on the sites when every1 starts searching after the show.. can we open this forum up a little more too dont wanna scare new folks off

Opened it up some, Leisure World is open to the public now. Log out to see what all is open.

JLAENTERPRISES
06-27-2005, 02:38 PM
We think Amnesia should be performed...perhaps show the video as it is a good piece of work

Amnesia has been a big hit with our users

JLA

eternals layre
06-27-2005, 03:43 PM
we are seeing alot of hits at the main site now.

Brian221
06-27-2005, 03:45 PM
I hit the pmdawn.net list.

Tybris
06-27-2005, 04:00 PM
I would like to know what the others songs he got to choose from were. I don't like when they force you to chose a song, especially from a very short list..that is usually geared against most performers, HOWEVER I'm sure Be can pull it off, it just depends on how the audience accepts him singing it. I mean cuz he could do a killer job but because people are used to hearing it a certain way by a certain person they might not like it. I mean really, have any of you like anyone else's version of I'd die without you? I can't say I have. I think they should also let the performers do a recent song if they are still producing ya know..be like ok if you have something coming out let's hear a song. Glad to see them get in anyway...oh yeah don't forget to give a shout out to us groupies bruh lol.

eternals layre
06-27-2005, 04:26 PM
poll up now on nbc VOTE!!

matt
06-27-2005, 04:34 PM
I want to hear I WISH I NEVER MET YOU by Carl Thomas. That's a few
years ago.

Is that recent enough?

matt
06-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Paper Doll used to be a hit, that could be an interesting pick.

matt
06-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Actually, I can picture Be doing 'Blurry'..

good choice!

sdldawn
06-27-2005, 07:19 PM
I would literally shit in my pants if be did Brick.. i'd have so many chills I couldnt fully enjoy the performance :)

or either

Die Without You

you'd win either way..

sdldawn
06-27-2005, 07:24 PM

humanity_Sin_egma
06-27-2005, 09:00 PM
They WILL be performing "Set Adrift" and "Blurry" by Puddle Of Mud. They're videoing this week so my guess is it will be shown this week.
Excellent & the tape is in the VCR ready to record. Thanks for the info. all.

Imho, the Magic of P.M. Dawn goes far beyond one song. Read the forum and let the peeps know what they are missing. I only wish we could give them a medley of all this: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/songs/0,,476236-1,00.html
Then they'd all be hangin' here with us. ;)

Juice Newton 'n others are decent artists, butttttttttt :p

P.M. Dawn
rocks!
:Dgetting ready for blurry :cool:

Mistress M
06-27-2005, 10:29 PM
I'll be watching! I'm glad y'all sent a mass email about it...I'll vote online too (for what it's worth)...

Peace to all!

Miss M

Cozmo D
06-27-2005, 10:52 PM
WHHOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Mistress M, where da hell you been??? :)

Cozmo D
06-27-2005, 10:54 PM
I would like to know what the others songs he got to choose from were. I don't like when they force you to chose a song, especially from a very short list..that is usually geared against most performers, HOWEVER I'm sure Be can pull it off, it just depends on how the audience accepts him singing it. I mean cuz he could do a killer job but because people are used to hearing it a certain way by a certain person they might not like it. I mean really, have any of you like anyone else's version of I'd die without you? I can't say I have. I think they should also let the performers do a recent song if they are still producing ya know..be like ok if you have something coming out let's hear a song. Glad to see them get in anyway...oh yeah don't forget to give a shout out to us groupies bruh lol.
Hey Ty, how you been man? :)

Hero1
06-27-2005, 11:09 PM
I saw the first episode of this show.. it'll be interesting to see what bes doin for his "what are you doin now segment" before his cover.. he better give jim sullivan a plug

Segundo
06-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Any show that features PM Dawn and Arrested Development can't be that bad. I'm mad I missed A.D.- I have all of their albums, they are great (I wish I could say I have all PM Dawn's music, but I missed that damn F*ck Music album).

To anyone who hasn't listened to pop music recently, I listen to it all the time and you really aren't missing much. Very, very very little talent.

Blurry is a great song and I think Be's voice will work well with it. I'm just surprised that it counts as a new song- it was released almost 4 years ago, right? Too bad they won't allow another old song- how sweet was PM Dawn's cover of 1999? I would go nuts if I heard that live. Of course that's just me.

xtristessax
06-28-2005, 01:09 AM
yeah, but the format is pretty bad. i hate that they seem to shorten everyones performances. its like american idol in that way.

RjBass
06-28-2005, 01:23 AM
how bout one of becks new ones? their funky, new, and not so cheesy.

Hero1
06-28-2005, 01:51 AM
yeah they only get to do 2 mins for each song! oh well

SaintHax
06-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Site has been moved to the new server, bring on the fun.

Cozmo D
06-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey RJ! Where da hell you been man???!!! :)

daback-daboot
06-29-2005, 01:54 AM
how bout one of becks new ones? their funky, new, and not so cheesy.not a bad idea at all....

daveisback
06-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Something from Ben Folds solo works - Landed is a good tune. or anything fromsongs for silverman or rockin the suburbs.
how about something by the eels?
im name dropping bands cuz i'd like to see the guys sing something NOT so commercial as im hating everything on the radio so far (Except that John Legend song). i know it'll be good whatever the guys sing, i just dont want them seling themselves short.
it'd be cool to see them do coldplay, or Bowie's 'New Killer Star'
is there anywere i can see this in the UK, is anyone putting a video on the net?

Hero1
06-29-2005, 10:10 PM
i take all the people replying havent read the full post where we already know what songs be is doin haha

Cozmo D
06-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Just got off the phone with Be, they just finished taping.

He can't reveal the results, because he would have to pay them a million dollars if he did.

I just hope I feel as happy after watching it as he sounds after taping it. :D

xtristessax
06-30-2005, 01:15 AM
awesome, thanks for the update. and i'm really hoping everything went their way!

humanity_Sin_egma
06-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Well, the show is going to be great publicity for P.M. Dawn. I like their choice for the reason that the song is probably one of the most recognizable and has had the most coverage. (Played on When a Man loves a Woman movie & Back Street Boys did a version too At that time did they both produce under Gee street? the biz confuzes me :o )Then the other part of me just wants them to do a full concert with everything. :p I just heard True (the funky mix) and Enya-Enigma extended Trance version: AWESOME!

Has anyone else been following NBC's Hit me one more time's message board?

Has anyone posted there for P.M. Dawn?
Show your support; one thread asked who they were. Gimme a break.
Good move Hax opening up the leisure forum. Now all I want for Xmas in July is the new album. ;) Glad to hear Be is happy with the taping. thanks for sharing that
Can't wait to watch the show tonight; get your VCR's ready. :D

Hero1
06-30-2005, 08:45 AM
Im excited for Be!! :)

spidey
06-30-2005, 12:10 PM
The vcr is set and ready to go!!!!!!!!

Chas3R
06-30-2005, 06:10 PM
It looks like i get to blow the dust off of my television and actually watch something. I'm just thinking to myself how they can spin it into a reality show.
Well I'm all about them touring after this is said and done, because I remember meeting PM Dawn after a radio show here in florida Many moons ago. "They said they'd be back soon" which was the proverbial nail in the coffin. Needless to say that was ages ago in a different world where they performed after Britney Spears! In my opinion it should always be that order....

Looking forward to the show, the email blast is the only reason i found out about this early X-mas gift. Please keep us updated when you can via that thing.

-=Chas3R=-
The Original Brown Penny.

Raefin
06-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Looking good so far. Thanks for the e-mail guys without it I wouldn't have known.

Raefin
06-30-2005, 09:49 PM
They smoked the competition they better win this thing. That was an incredible cover.

Hero1
06-30-2005, 09:51 PM
that cover was sensational..classic pm dawn!!

qwikxr
06-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Hello all..
Ok, my first post on the forum.. Just getting home from work, I sat down on the couch with my wife and some warmed up leftovers.. (don't confuse the two).. :D

She has made a habit of watching that show, and I normally pay no attention to it.. Then I heard "PM DAWN" and about fell off the couch! I was like :eek: I could not believe that they were going to be on. And did they sound better than ever, or what! I can't believe we [wife] have been out of the loop for soo long!
As they entered the stage we were both perked up on the edge of the couch.. and the lights brightened and there they were... Wow.. "It's been so long. Why'd we ever stop listening?" A question that will remain unanswered, except for an occasional "another dumb thing we did.."

So my wife asked a question that I could not answer.. "Is he okay? Why are they helping him out to the chair?"

All I could do was shrug..

It was so good seeing them in action again! It's been too long! :cool:

Phatbasturt
06-30-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah i asked the same thing :(
AND THEY WON!!!! WOOOOTTTT!!!!!

xtristessax
06-30-2005, 10:04 PM
yeah it was no contest! the hype man was awesome!

xeplica
06-30-2005, 10:28 PM
wow, that was totally surreal.. seeing PM Dawn performing on television.. and WINNING!! congrats! ;)

sobe8
06-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Good job PM Dawn,
I have been waiting for somemore good PM Dawn songs, and you delivered.
God Bless. I loved it

Bonkman
07-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Please tell me that P.M. Dawn will be able to record a full cover of "Blurry" for release. My wife and I sat there watching and said to each other, "That cover is classic P.M. Dawn sound." We both liked it very much and agreed when they won.

Great job, guys! Hope the publicity jump-starts more incredible material.

Scott "Bonkman" "DJ Ren" Renn
-- Long time lurker --

xtristessax
07-01-2005, 01:28 AM
yeah i think all of us here want PM Dawn to record Blurry as a single. thanks for posting! and don't lurk too much, talk too!

Paisan
07-02-2005, 01:59 AM
First and foremost, THANK YOU to whoever sent out the mass email. Were it not for you I would have never known and I would have felt the same way I feel about missing F*cked Music: gypped!!

Second, as a previous fan indicated, what a surreal moment. My friend taped it and as we were watching tonight I was bracing myself for the let down. I mean, c'mon. Is it reasonable to expect that the audience might actually have good taste? Well, what a feeling when we can see the now-trio rising from the rear of the stage and they announced the winner.

Third, how awesome of them to give props to God.

Fourth and finally, the excitement of the possibility of new music is overwhelming. What a night. What a night? No. This made my week!!!

matt
07-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Was there another thread? I thought I posted something about this subject?

Cozmo D
07-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Your last post was #72 in this thread.
http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42750&postcount=72

greyduck
07-03-2005, 07:24 AM
anyone know where i can get a copy?
i am in italy right now and totally missed it.
grey

daback-daboot
07-04-2005, 08:07 PM
blurry was absolutely perfect. They made it their own like I couldn't have imagined. One question though: whom was hopping about the stage buildin the hype on set adrift?

xtristessax
07-05-2005, 12:50 AM
blurry was absolutely perfect. They made it their own like I couldn't have imagined. One question though: whom was hopping about the stage buildin the hype on set adrift?

the hype man was Greg...a cousin.

kidlucky
07-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Blurry was amazing. I couldnt believe how hot that track was! I swear I should have taped it!

the_external
07-08-2005, 08:43 AM
I was out of town, so I taped the episode and finally got around to watching it last night. Damn good performance -- the boys definetly still have it, and in all honesty, are legions apart from the washed-up brethen they competed against on this show. With that in mind, I was dissapointed to see them "lowering" themselves to take part in such an exhibition, but at the same time quite happy (and pleasantly surpsied) to see them win.

But all that aside, they performed very well, and it was great to see them, so let me get to my real question:
I'm not sure if it's any of my business (and I'm sure you will all tell me where to go if it isn't) but why did Be need to be helped onto the stage?

Cozmo D
07-08-2005, 11:45 AM
He's anemic.

nilepez
07-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Well I was pleasantly surprised when they won. I thought they were the best of the bands, but you just never know how an audience will vote.

Hope this leads to another album. I could use some more PM Dawn, and while I believe many got something since Christian, I didn't know about it until long after it's release (or was it released?).

Anyway, good job may it bring many good things your way.

Kevin

the_external
07-08-2005, 01:27 PM
He's anemic.

oh... :(

When did he develop that condition?

Cozmo D
07-08-2005, 04:05 PM
oh... :(

When did he develop that condition?
Recently. He's getting better now. :)

daveisback
07-10-2005, 03:23 PM
That was an amazing cover, thanks for putting that on Brian.

Is Be's cousin who was on the show the 'Sploogative'?

aw man just thinking of all those arcade games...im gonna invest in some classics! Ninja Turtles all the way!

TrEEtheRealest
07-10-2005, 03:43 PM
I hadn't heard of this show until just last night when I was talking to my friend about P.M. Dawn and he was like "oh yeah, they were on Hit me Baby One More Time". I was like "What, the Brittney Spears video?" and he told me how it was a reality show and that P.M. Dawn won. It's a shame I missed it, but I am glad they won.

I hope this gives them more inspiration to record a new album. Hopefully going back to some of the old style (which was my favorite.) I wish there was some artist out there, who would still continue having that old school/gritty drums/sampled based music from the early 90's. If anybody can do that, I hope it's P.M. Dawn.

Wheeljak
07-10-2005, 04:05 PM
aw man just thinking of all those arcade games...im gonna invest in some classics! Ninja Turtles all the way!
No, don't do that. If you get Ninja Turtles in your house, there will be a stranger showing up at your house, who bears a remarkable resemblance to my avatar.:)
Back in the day, if I had saved the quarters instead of feeding them to TMNT, I coulda been one of those guys in high school that had a car! Instead, I had a bus pass...

daveisback
07-10-2005, 06:40 PM
i was slightly joking before but now i just found the bloody thing on ebay!
aw god my fingers are itching!
CURSE YE KONAMI! A fine man youve made of me!

daback-daboot
07-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey wheeljak, do you have any fondness for the neo-geo by chance? This is myself with my big red when I was masivly sick a year & 1/2 ago. I know, I know..... Be has me dwarfed. He too has at least one neo cab....

Wheeljak
07-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey wheeljak, do you have any fondness for the neo-geo by chance? This is myself with my big red when I was masivly sick a year & 1/2 ago. I know, I know..... Be has me dwarfed. He too has at least one neo cab....
Well, I hope you're feeling better these days!
Great picture of your cab; I'm sure you're a proud owner. I also see that you have Samurai Shodown II on there-- Awww, yeah!

To answer your question: yes, I was into Neo-Geo. That takes me back to my college days; I spent many a quarter on Magician Lord, Sengoku, Samurai Shodown, and World Heroes!
Since I don't own a cab (and wouldn't have it in my apartment if I did), I play a lot of Neo-Geo games through MAME. My latest favorites are from the Metal Slug series.
Despite the legal grey area (or possibly outright illegality) of the possession of video game ROM images, I think it's a very good thing. I've seen video game boards in garbage cans before, and to know that they will live on in cyberspace thanks to the MAME project just warms my heart.
Long live abandonware!

I also have a SNES emulator, but many of the ROM images I have for it are perfectly legal, because I own a gang of the original carts. Believe it or not, the battery backup in my Metroid cart is still alive and kicking, even though the cart is 11 years old!

BigRed82
07-23-2005, 11:10 AM
I can't believe I missed this, does anyone know when it will air again on a re-run or something?

DAMN. I need to check my email more often.

Moe
01-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Just got a call from Be. Turns out, they've been asked to shoot the season finale in LA next week. They want them to do either Set Adrift or I'd Die Without You and to do a cover of a recent hit song ( I suggested they do Die Without You for obvious reasons).

So, Be is asking our immediate help on choosing a recent hit for them to perform. So, whadaya say fam? :)

im sorry .. not been a pm dawn fan for long time i just recently found them a couple weeks ago instant fan.. but why is die without you the one to do for obvious reasons? listening to it right now amazing song... but what sets it ahead of set adrift? thanks :)

Cozmo D
01-02-2006, 01:48 PM
im sorry .. not been a pm dawn fan for long time i just recently found them a couple weeks ago instant fan.. but why is die without you the one to do for obvious reasons? listening to it right now amazing song... but what sets it ahead of set adrift? thanks :)
Well turns out I was wrong, but I figured that it had the most crossover appeal.

Moe
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
well its the biggest hot 100 billboard hit they have had..

set adrift on memory bliss wasnt even in the hot 100 but its what brought them into the game and i think most fans pick that as their favorite...usually first big singles are what define artists when it comes to bigest song.. but idk i love it all!

Cozmo D
01-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Like I said, I was wrong.

Cozmo D
01-03-2006, 12:36 AM
im sorry .. not been a pm dawn fan for long time i just recently found them a couple weeks ago

So when you said that they were a big influence on your music you meant your music from the last 2 weeks? :rotfl:

Moe
01-03-2006, 01:39 AM
YES!!

they influenced a few songs i've recently written .. the recording process takes a couple days its the writing.instrumentals that takes awhile.. they influence my writing !

Cozmo D
01-03-2006, 03:46 AM
<Sigh> I remember when I used to write that fast... :coz:

Moe
01-03-2006, 06:37 PM
dude a great song writer told me.

KISS - Keep it simple stupid! haha but nah dude my songs are good.. but none are great. :-/ i mean i can write a decent song but nothing to really stand out and at the same time have it sound cool.. meh it will improve with time i guess..

the song writer who told me that wrote "summer girls" btw.. ha

Wheeljak
01-03-2006, 07:14 PM
the song writer who told me that wrote "summer girls" btw.. ha

The LFO song, or the Dino song?
Not that it matters... :D

pmFan
01-03-2006, 08:13 PM
what is "meh" in your messages, moe?:think:

wendyful04
01-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I think he's of East Indian descent.

Moe
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
The LFO one.

meh means "not really sure" or "shaking head a little" "whatever" etc.

I'm not of any indian decent.

Moe
01-03-2006, 09:23 PM
The LFO song, or the Dino song?
Not that it matters... :D

well that song is filled with silly things that most people see as something a child would write.. Now i know the story behind the song and how it became huge in 1999 but the point is he had success by keeping it simple i guess.. But yeah in a nutshell just because i think its interesting ..that song was recorded in 1997 with inside jokes to freinds recorded on a radio shack mic in a closet 3 tapes of it made on givin to their manager at the time one to a freind. .the manager sees a dj ,dj asks hows lfo manager says good heres a cute song rich made, in djs desk until he gets promoted a year and half later when he does he plays it loves it plays it on air right after.. radio jockey for big station in new york hears it in car... its #1 in a week.
thats why lfo really should get more respect then boy bands.. he also wrote "girl on tv" himself.

Chukwuka
01-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Hello All!

I'm BACK for a minute... I saw the guys on that show!! I was in jail at the time but I did get a chance to watch and was so glad to see that they won!! cool!!

Cozmo D
01-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Hello All!

I'm BACK for a minute... I saw the guys on that show!! I was in jail at the time but I did get a chance to watch and was so glad to see that they won!! cool!!
HEY CHUK!!! WE MISSED YOU!!!!!
:wave:

Chukwuka
01-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I missed you guys 2!!

Bonkman
04-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Sorry to resurect this old thread, but I'm hoping Brian or Coz can answer:

Are the guys recording a cover of Blurry for their new album?

Loved the version they did for the show and would love to have a well recorded version of it.

Etherspin
04-18-2006, 03:07 AM
the cover of blurry was great, i dont see it as proving they should release it but as proof Pm Dawn can flip almost any song on its head