PDA

View Full Version : "The Lord is my shepard, I shall not be in want." But...

aerotrooper
06-23-2005, 04:45 AM
We all have thing we want or daydream about. Even though they might not be what would really be of value for ourselves. What are a few little things you've wanted for yourselves or others?

I personally have long dreamt about having this perfect little place to live... I have it visualized down to every last detail. Along with that I wouldn't want to ever have to worry about money and I could spend lot's of peacful time alone dreaming up way's to bless others (Mostly family members and friends with material things I know they want.) And enjoying the feedom of running out and getting a newfangled thing or two for myself now and then. Making a neat little refuge for myself and the occational guest. For me, in my minds eye, it looks like a nice, quiet, and blessed life.

Louis85
06-23-2005, 09:55 AM
I don't usually spend time daydreaming about things. My daydreaming time is usually spent about interaction with people. Friends, Friends with privileges, wanna-be friends, family etc. etc.

If there is something I really want, I usually spend more energy figuring out what I have to do to get it versus daydreaming about having it.

Louis

aerotrooper
06-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I use to do that too.
Over and over again. Hence, "They will try to take it all from you."

justafan
06-23-2005, 04:22 PM
My daydreaming time is usually spent about interaction with people. Friends, Friends with privileges, wanna-be friends, family etc. etc.

this struck me as really funny. But its a good message too, want something - go and get it. But embrace the friends with privileges and shoe the wanna-be friends to make it a better time. ;)

justafan
06-23-2005, 04:32 PM
It's weird, I never daydream. I never did as a kid, I don't think. I never had places that I wanted to go and see, food that I wanted to eat. It was almost like I was stuck living in the 'now' portion of the world. I am a creative person, so its not like some mental defficiency in thinking that I never did (I don't think).

But I learned from my first girlfriend that people have cravings for things. Like she would want something to eat out of the blue. And I learned from her to do the same thing, be sitting around and then I would think about a certain pizza and want some of it... Well that never happened before and I don't really like having cravings or dreams or whatever you want to call them.

I don't know what I am talking about here, anyone with a similar experience?

Cozmo D
06-23-2005, 05:57 PM
I have always been a daydreamer. By the time I became an adult, I had learned to use the time that I wasn't daydreaming to make my most attainable daydreams come true. Thus, the huge majority of my life is daydream realized. I still daydream far too much, which tends to rob time away from the daydream actualizing part, but eventually, I get them one by one. :)

can
06-23-2005, 06:07 PM
i day dream on a daily basis.. im pretty sure that is what you would call it... i play out scenerios in my head.. it kinda hard to explain.. you would have to know me, to know what i am talking about.

Is*it*my*turn
06-23-2005, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't say that I daydream. I don't think I ever have. I would say that I space out thinking about things. Not really a scanerio. I'll think about how the word toilet sounds or how many stars are in the universe. I have "wants" for my self... a family, continuing education and what not. But I don't spend my time thinking about it. I figure that stuff will fall into place eventually.

justafan
06-24-2005, 12:55 AM
I'll think about how the word toilet sounds

lol, that is awesome.

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't say that I daydream. I don't think I ever have. I would say that I space out thinking about things. Not really a scanerio. I'll think about how the word toilet sounds or how many stars are in the universe.
Sounds like daydreaming to me. :)

Rumi_Philosophie
06-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Sometimes what we want is not always what we need, so first you must decide how real is this want and how will it truly impact yours and others lives and will this make you happy and why? plus you always have to keep in mind that we are always changing. What I values when I was fifteen is not what I value now,and I must know that what I will value in the future will differ from now however the wanting in itself stays and influences the choice that we make whether or not we get what we want. So in the end you just work hard and make sacrifices---if its eally truly important,but you need to know this first.

Is*it*my*turn
06-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Sounds like daydreaming to me. :)

:p What do you know you old fart? ;)

Cozmo D
06-24-2005, 06:57 PM
:p What do you know you old fart? ;)
That's SMELLY old fart to you, thank you very much! :D

aerotrooper
06-24-2005, 11:06 PM
oh, I'll sacrifice.