PDA

View Full Version : P.M.Dawn @ Crash Mansion this Thursday

Be
06-11-2005, 01:20 PM
on sale will be the brand new pm dawn videos DVD also corageous cut & minute mix will be spinning all night...also for all those interested...i just found out that i'm anemic...because of an iron deficiency and i should be 100% in a couple months of treatment

Chief
06-11-2005, 01:34 PM
http://crashmansion.com/

Hope you have a great show Be...Glad to hear that you will be getting physically better.

For those of us that cannot make it, will there be a chance that we maybe able to purchase this in the near future?

Harmeister
06-11-2005, 06:43 PM
So close, yet so far.

There's no way I can get off work to go this week. Best of luck, though :D

Cozmo D
06-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey, can a brutha get some burn? :)

onegalacticwino
06-11-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm confused -- is it just a DVD release party, or will PM Dawn be playing as well? I was planning on flying out of NYC on Thursday night -- but if they're playing, maybe I'll extend 'till Friday.

wino

Cozmo D
06-12-2005, 12:10 AM
From what Be tells me they are performing, as well as spinning all night. You do realize that Courageous Cut and Minute Mix are none other than Prince Be and JC The Eternal right? ;)

DJ Detroit Butcher
06-12-2005, 01:28 AM
I knew Minutemix was JC ... I remember that from way back in the day. No way can I make this show, but I'll be there in spirit. Yo BE, have a great night brotha, do it to it!

xtristessax
06-12-2005, 08:51 PM
uh oh...can't make it to this one! i send Coz as my representative!

Etherspin
06-12-2005, 08:56 PM
good luck with your supplements Be , dont be feeling faint!! whats these DVDs entail?

sounds good!

xtristessax
06-12-2005, 09:03 PM
being anemic can be harsh, especially when its not diagnosed correctly. you should also check and make sure any other medications you are taking do not make your anemia worse. good luck, and i hope you recover swiftly. sorry i can't make it to this show...i'll just hang out around here and stir up more trouble!

humanity_Sin_egma
06-16-2005, 05:09 AM
break er shake a leg tonight
Have fun 'n Rock on!
(wish I could be there, but it's a school night for the kids, low cash flow n other lame excuses)

Hero1
06-17-2005, 08:48 AM
have a good show Be..

Etherspin
06-17-2005, 09:30 AM
post show good show wishes right here :) u rocked it ... right ???

Cozmo D
06-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Yes he did! Me, Lady E and Wino were in attendance. :)

xtristessax
06-17-2005, 04:40 PM
i'm jealous!

Hero1
06-17-2005, 09:49 PM
oh wino rolled through! hey man pick up same shit different day by lyrics born..its the remix album 2 later that day..very good! :)

onegalacticwino
06-18-2005, 02:51 PM
My synopsis:

* My Thursday evening flight home from NYC was cancelled and the next one delayed, so I took that as a hint from the gods to go see the Dawn show! Rented a car (which I ended up sleeping in that night instead of paying for a hotel for 4 hours) and drove to Manhattan. Nothing beats walking around Soho on a weeknight, just watching the electric vibe of the city. It turns out I was there WAY early (10 PM) -- PMD didn't go on until 1 AM. But I did get to hear some incredible (and some strange) moshups from several DJs -- watch some beautiful people dance -- watch some drunk people dance -- see a few guys get tattoos (in the bar) -- see Be test his mic in sweatpants and a tank top -- talk (or rather yell during the music) to Coz and his wife.

* I knew I was in the right place because they had the PM Dawn videos on the flatscreen TVs throughout the bar -- but I didn't see where to buy them the whole night? Will they be out in stores -- what happened???

* The show -- they played 8 or 9 songs I think. A surprise a capella version of "Soncheyne" for Coz's wife was probably my favorite -- mainly because it was as close to "Apathy ... Superstar?" as I'll probably ever get on stage. "Paper Doll" and "Gotta be Moving on Up" were incredible, too. Surprised there was no "Amnesia?" -- but I can't complain, it is such a rare and wonderful treat to hear them play. The crowd loved it, and Be said he wasn't feeling well (had to perform a couple sitting down on the couch on stage), but he gave it his vocal all and it sounded great (except for a couple of feedback issues with the mic). Completly worth the long night, sleeping in a compact Avis rental in the parking lot of La Guardia. Wish I had been more outgoing and spoken to people around the bar, talked with Be, etc -- if it hadn't been for Coz, I would have been the ultimate outcast. It was just such a cool vibe throughout New York that whole night that I was just soaking it in.

Thanks guys for the performance!!

Cozmo D
06-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Next time I'm gonna have to make sure you get a little deeper into it. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you didn't come up front with us. We gonna fix that shit! ;) :p :)

xtristessax
06-18-2005, 03:07 PM
oh no oh no they played paperdoll? that is probably my fav song. *wines* i soooo wish i could have been there!

onegalacticwino
06-18-2005, 03:38 PM
"I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you didn't come up front with us. We gonna fix that shit!" -- 'cause I don't dance, but I try to! :o No, I was right there on the right side most o' the time.

Harmeister
06-18-2005, 07:03 PM
"I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you didn't come up front with us. We gonna fix that shit!" -- 'cause I don't dance, but I try to! :o No, I was right there on the right side most o' the time.

You noticed the last time they played my wife and I just stood there with you as well wino. I'd have been doing the same thing (re: nothing) had I been there, no matter what Coz tried to get me to do.

Hero1
06-18-2005, 09:52 PM
if i ever got to see a pm dawn concert id be up the front singing along! :)

Harmeister
06-19-2005, 09:33 AM
if i ever got to see a pm dawn concert id be up the front singing along! :)

We were up front singing along (me, my wife, and wino), but we're not dancing or mingling.

Of course we were only up front because coz brought us up there to the vip couches, so we have to give him props for that.

Cozmo D
06-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Who was dancing? Yvette and I were just up front watching. I can barely even sing along since I don't know most of the songs very well. Yvette was singing along to soncheynne though, Be threatened to put her on the mic.

I'm a DJ, DJs don't dance. :D

SaintHax
06-19-2005, 03:25 PM
somebody get me a freaking dvd

Harmeister
06-19-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm a DJ, DJs don't dance. :D

True. (and quite frankly, it would be quite a site to see you dance), I was merely pointing out the fact that wino and I would be happy to just stay in the back and listen.

Cozmo D
06-19-2005, 06:35 PM
I hears ya. I'll tell you something though, there's nothing more comforting for a performer than to have warm, friendly, familiar faces right up front.

onegalacticwino
06-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey Coz -- what was up with the DVD? It was playing, but they weren't for sale? Any idea what that was about?

Cozmo D
06-19-2005, 09:04 PM
I have no idea.

Hero1
06-19-2005, 10:08 PM
i hope the dvd has watchers point of view..thats the only video i havent seen(wasnt on the video collection)