DJ Detroit Butcher
06-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Are the best. Who smokes them?

Cozmo D
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Used to. Damm, you can tell you hang around with black people! :D

justafan
06-10-2005, 12:24 AM
no smoking here, my friends smoke camel lights.

Etherspin
06-10-2005, 12:29 AM
im allergic to cigarettes ! im on lung steroids from over exposure cause people smoked at work in england :)

xtristessax
06-10-2005, 01:49 AM
wow i'm allergic to cigs too! no kidding!

DJ Detroit Butcher
06-10-2005, 05:07 AM
Used to. Damm, you can tell you hang around with black people! :D

Haha, no doubt. Did I ever tell yall the "Newport Cigs in Minneapolis" story?

Etherspin
06-10-2005, 06:11 AM
u serious Xtrist? how sensitive are ya? I hate it especially because when u tell people they look at you with skepticism like.. "theres an allergy for that" ?? i was allergy tested in my early teens and they told me about it and the specific chemical and said if i was to take up smokiing id be dead in around a fortnight,as i didnt smoke and didnt hang with anyone who did i didnt pay much attention , then when i was at uni years later i was feelin real bad and my doc said i had extreme liver damage from it (I dont drink alcohol!!!!) .. in england people smoked at work and i started coughing up blood and "lung butter" as smokers call it, the doc back here in australia took one look at my capacity and put me on a steroid puffer direct to the lungs .. i get real worried that its gonna give me cancer or something..

Cozmo D
06-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Haha, no doubt. Did I ever tell yall the "Newport Cigs in Minneapolis" story?
Nope sounds like a good one. :)

spidey
06-10-2005, 12:42 PM
I used to smoke Camle ultralights then switched to Marlbro ultralights..now I don'tsmoke...Damn I could use one....

DJ Detroit Butcher
06-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Alright, this is back in '95, my girlfriend at the time, her grandfather died so we drove out to Minneapolis for the funeral. Spent a few days out there hangin out with her friend Pete, who's this real like, artsy college type, whatever. So the night we get into town the three of us go out to eat, and I'm sitting there bored as hell, as the two of them catch up. I pull out my smokes, light one, and he says

*shocked expression on his face"

"WHY ARE YOU SMOKING THOSE?????"

"um, we're in the smokin section ain't we?"

"YES BUT... *and then he leans in, and says really quiet:

"THOSE ARE THE *BLACK* CIGARETTES!!!"

I couldn't help crackin the fuck up at him. I'm from Detroit, yes, I'm white, but as Coz pointed out, most of the people I know are black, so it's never really fazed me that everybody I know that smokes, smokes Newports.

My girlfriend told me later that Peter whispered in her ear that he didn't know she had such a "ghetto ass boyfriend"

Man, white people are a TRIP!

Cozmo D
06-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Yeah they are. I know 1 or 2 myself! :p

Wheeljak
06-10-2005, 08:36 PM
I have never seen a white man smoke Newports, but I did once have a white friend who smoked Kools.
I hear that menthols tear up your lungs twice as fast; no wonder the black man's median life expectancy is so daggone short.

xtristessax
06-10-2005, 08:50 PM
u serious Xtrist? how sensitive are ya? I hate it especially because when u tell people they look at you with skepticism like.. "theres an allergy for that" ?? i was allergy tested in my early teens and they told me about it and the specific chemical and said if i was to take up smokiing id be dead in around a fortnight,as i didnt smoke and didnt hang with anyone who did i didnt pay much attention , then when i was at uni years later i was feelin real bad and my doc said i had extreme liver damage from it (I dont drink alcohol!!!!) .. in england people smoked at work and i started coughing up blood and "lung butter" as smokers call it, the doc back here in australia took one look at my capacity and put me on a steroid puffer direct to the lungs .. i get real worried that its gonna give me cancer or something..

totally serious, i didn't realize it until my friends started smoking in high school and i started getting sick alot if i hung around them. my reaction is troubled breathing and sometimes rashes if i am around it for long, but normally i'm fine if i take a anti-histamine before hand.