PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Hax

Chief
05-31-2005, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to give a moment to Hax for his generosity of hosting this site and everything he does. I wasnt able to get in for whatever reason for awhile, but he took time out of his day to help me out. So, those of you that didnt miss me, suck it...im back..:)

Etherspin
05-31-2005, 07:37 PM
this is one show of generosity i wont be thanking Hax for..........

but for everything else !! THANKS HAX! :)

Cozmo D
05-31-2005, 07:49 PM
I don't quite know how to feel about this, but THANX HAX! :)

can
05-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Thankyou Hax, for all the random technical stuff you help me with, without you, there would be a lot of stuff broken.

Louis85
06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Just wanted to give a moment to Hax for his generosity of hosting this site and everything he does.

Yes, this site is very well done sir, I applaud you.

Brian221
06-01-2005, 09:51 AM
...so Hax, what was the issue?

SaintHax
06-01-2005, 12:01 PM
He was blocked at the server's firewall, but wait it gets better...

The traces showed a 65.x IP for his connection and the datacenter couldn't find a block for that in the routers, nor could I find it in the firewall blocks.

So I turned off the firewall and asked him to try it...it worked, so I turned it back on and he was blocked again...I then went down the list of blocked IP's opening each one up to see if he could get in and it worked after removing a 70.x IP that was autoblocked by the server.

Turns out that a normal trace goes through just fine, but connections over port 80 get redirected through a HTTP proxy somewhere along the way.

It had everyone on this end confused for awhile since were we looking for a block on the 65.x range

syxxpm
06-01-2005, 01:23 PM
hax makes bill gates look like a pussy :D

Brian221
06-01-2005, 03:01 PM
He was blocked at the server's firewall, but wait it gets better...

The traces showed a 65.x IP for his connection and the datacenter couldn't find a block for that in the routers, nor could I find it in the firewall blocks.

So I turned off the firewall and asked him to try it...it worked, so I turned it back on and he was blocked again...I then went down the list of blocked IP's opening each one up to see if he could get in and it worked after removing a 70.x IP that was autoblocked by the server.

Turns out that a normal trace goes through just fine, but connections over port 80 get redirected through a HTTP proxy somewhere along the way.

It had everyone on this end confused for awhile since were we looking for a block on the 65.x range

That's pretty bizarre...and HTTP proxy on the server side? and it was blocked by a different block range? sheesh!

SaintHax
06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I guess it's something to do with the company he works for redirects web traffic, I guess the proxy did something that tripped the firewall on my server and it blocked it.

Chief
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Let me explain a bit why I decided to post this. You see, this place is not only a place where I have several friends, but also this is immense entertainment to me. Now as gay as this sounds, I found myself trying about every hour with no success. I actually figured out that this place is very important to me. Not only the fact of Pm Dawn, but the fact that you all are that proverbial shoulder to cry on. We have a common bond. The boys. However, it's not just about them. There is more. I find this place to be more about family. A family that is as disfunctional as any standard family out there. Yes, I have a life outside, but when I work and when I need anything..I have you fools to look too. I say these things with a very sincere heart. I would give anything to meet every one of you. Past and present. When I found myself unable to access this place, I felt a bit of me missing.

I want to acknowledge Jason for his efforts that he has given since the old forum went to shit. i want to acknowledge both Brians for hosting the site....Thank you....Thank you for the years we have had here.. Thank you for your resources. Thank you for just hooking us up. All of your efforts are appreciated dearly.

Brian Herrick

eternals layre
06-01-2005, 10:49 PM
dito and welcome. maybe one day me and brian will post the story of the history of the site or sumpin.

Louis85
06-02-2005, 09:06 AM
That almost made me cry. (almost)

Hero1
06-03-2005, 05:27 AM
jason, louis, coz, be, syxx etc.. yall are all family (shit we known each other for sum 6 years or so) hope to meet you someday

Etherspin
06-03-2005, 08:13 PM
when u gonna get ur ass to the us Hiero.. im gonna go in mid or late 2006 .... my cous from down your end is gonna come with i think

humanity_Sin_egma
06-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Let me explain a bit why I decided to post this. You see, this place is not only a place where I have several friends, but also this is immense entertainment to me. Now as gay as this sounds, I found myself trying about every hour with no success. I actually figured out that this place is very important to me. Not only the fact of Pm Dawn, but the fact that you all are that proverbial shoulder to cry on. We have a common bond. The boys. However, it's not just about them. There is more. I find this place to be more about family. A family that is as disfunctional as any standard family out there. Yes, I have a life outside, but when I work and when I need anything..I have you fools to look too. I say these things with a very sincere heart. I would give anything to meet every one of you. Past and present. When I found myself unable to access this place, I felt a bit of me missing.

I want to acknowledge Jason for his efforts that he has given since the old forum went to shit. i want to acknowledge both Brians for hosting the site....Thank you....Thank you for the years we have had here.. Thank you for your resources. Thank you for just hooking us up. All of your efforts are appreciated dearly.

Brian Herrick
Way to go for friend to friend high-five
Can we keep bumping this one too?

xtristessax
06-09-2005, 02:36 PM
feel the love...

Etherspin
06-10-2005, 07:12 AM
yeah for all the newbies we need to reiterate how great hax is as some of you werent around when he set this all up for us and the numerous times he has upgraded at his own expense and added and fixed everything...

Brian and Hax from the way you guys are talking you'd come in handy if i lived round the corner from ya.. im trying to figure out where in the new setup the ports are blocked.. if its on my dynalink modem/ router, the airport express plugged into it via ethernet, the Imac or my ISP , is there a way to chuck some packets or something at my own computer and see if certain ports are blocked or open?? cause i logged into the router settings (192.168.1.1) and tried to unblock stuff but its cryptic as hell .. think i did it right trying to open / map 6881 - 6889 :)