PDA

View Full Version : Coz's Memorial Day BBQ

Cozmo D
05-17-2005, 01:32 PM
OK, I will NOT have the usual amount of money to spend on food and drinks this year. We can still do it if peeps are willing to bring stuff for the grill though, and whatever else they can manage. If we have it it will be on Monday the 30th at 1pm.

So here's the deal, everybody who's making the trip please reply here and say what you are able to bring. If not enough peeps are able to bring food perhaps we'll just make it a get-together and all go to a diner or something.

If not enough peeps are able to come we'll figure something else out.

It's on y'all. :)

Rumi_Philosophie
05-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I would love to come,I can later on after work....But I can bring soda. You live in Brooklyn right?

Chief
05-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Well now, you Could have that money if you finish a certain album, now wouldnt you..:)

Cozmo D
05-17-2005, 05:08 PM
I would love to come,I can later on after work....But I can bring soda. You live in Brooklyn right?
Yep, Park Slope, 410 Prospect Ave between 7th ave & 8th ave.

Let me know if and what directions you need.

We'd sure love to have ya! :)

Cozmo D
05-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Well now, you Could have that money if you finish a certain album, now wouldnt you..:)
Now, what album would that be that would suddenly sprout money once it's made? I will have money come the end of July when I start gigging. What I NEED is distribution. ;)

Chief
05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
give me copies..ill put them in the Mississippi for the southern folks..:)

Is*it*my*turn
05-17-2005, 06:48 PM
I want to go... :(

Cozmo D
05-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Well bring yo bootay on then! :)

Drive on up with the boyfriend, we'll put y'all on the couch or in the basement of sumthin. :D

Wheeljak
05-17-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm actually planning on getting out to NYC this summer, but alas, not Memorial Day. It's a shame, too; not only would I really love to attend the BBQ, but the kicker is that the place where I'll likely be staying (my cousin's home) is within walking distance of your place.
Handy coincidence... unfortunate timing.

So, if a guy shows up to your door on the Fourth of July unannounced and uninvited, with a raw slab of ribs in one hand and a bag of Sun Chips in the other, please humor him-- cook his ribs, and tell him that his cartoon likeness is uncannily spot-on.:)

Cozmo D
05-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Cool that, we're planning 1 for the 4th Of July as well. :)

Wheeljak
05-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Cool that, we're planning 1 for the 4th Of July as well. :)
Cool! I hope to be there!

Is*it*my*turn
05-17-2005, 07:14 PM
I have to work both of those holidays Coz. :(

Boogie
05-17-2005, 07:16 PM
I wish I wasn't on the opposite side of the country :(, Maybe I could send some hot dogs through the mail to contribute to the meat shortage...

Chief
05-17-2005, 07:29 PM
dont go...EVILLLLLLL CATS I SAY!!!!!! EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Cozmo D
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
I have to work both of those holidays Coz. :(
Ahhh...the life of a nurse. :o

Wheeljak
05-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Ahhh...the life of a nurse. :o
When I was a little boy, preschool age, I spent more than my share of time in the hospital. I didn't mind it so much, though, because they seemed to have a lot of cute nurses (like Becca) in the peds ward, and back then, the nurses wore those wonderful white dresses with the little hats.
Awww, yeah!! Those were the days.
It's all ruined now; all hospital staff seems to wear scrubs to work these days.
Yeah, I'm sure that they're more comfortable and they don't stain as badly, but somewhere, a little boy in a hospital room doesn't have much to check out, 'cuz all of the nurses are wearing the same thing the orderlies wear. Poor kid knows that there's something missing, but he doesn't know what.:(

can
05-17-2005, 09:34 PM
I make a kick ass pasta salad... i would e-mail it to you, but i dont think it has the same effect... :p

Hero1
05-18-2005, 02:24 AM
cant make it but a slab of horse dog meat is in the mail ;)

Cozmo D
05-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Yum! :p

Etherspin
05-18-2005, 04:51 AM
gimme a year and a half and ill make one of these!!

xtristessax
05-19-2005, 03:03 PM
you know i am coming. i am staying in manhattan on 24th street, so i might need some more detailed directions.

i am super willing to help bring things, whatever i can help with. if it doesn't look like there is gonna be alot of people then we can do a light eating thing or something instead.

you let me know! my boyfriend is coming too i bet he'd be super willing to do something. just a hint, hes an even bigger PM Dawn fan than me!

Cozmo D
05-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Cool, will you guys be driving or taking the subway? And 24th St. and what?

xtristessax
05-19-2005, 10:17 PM
prolly subway. 24th and lexington.

Cozmo D
05-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Hmmm... if you enjoy walking the best way would be to walk over to 6th ave and catch the F. That'll take you to 2 blocks away from me. Otherwise you'll have to change a few trains but it's not a big deal. :)

xtristessax
05-20-2005, 02:17 AM
what is your stop on the f train?

Cozmo D
05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
15th St. / Prospect Park

daback-daboot
05-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Woah. If I tried to make it to this it would be hella expensive, & a bag of chips.

DJ Detroit Butcher
05-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Dammit, one year I will make it to this. Not this year tho.

syxxpm
05-22-2005, 01:20 PM
anyword from frek and be?.,...i left them cellphone messages that its on memo day and to call me back and neither have!

Cozmo D
05-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I'll call them later. ;)

xtristessax
05-22-2005, 11:08 PM
hey coz...what do you need me to bring? i'll be happy to bring whatever! anything you know you are going to need but don't have?

Cozmo D
05-23-2005, 12:30 AM
I'll post up ideas tomorrow. :)

xtristessax
05-23-2005, 12:32 AM
awesome, thanks!

xtristessax
05-26-2005, 12:22 AM
well, i was thinking about Chicken, like one of those large packs of chicken breasts and legs for about $15-20, and a couple of bags of chips. if any of you would rather have hamburgers and are willing to get the buns and stuff, i will be more than happy to get hamburger meat instead!

syxxpm
05-26-2005, 10:39 AM
i could get buns and hot dog rolls!....if i have any at shop....if not i will bring more chips......and spam!,,,,and bbq sauce ,...i may have chicken tenders....ooooooooh the possibilities....;D

Cozmo D
05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
I DO hope that spam shit is a joke! :D

Listen, it's been rainy and cold as FUKK! Keep an eye on the weather cause if it's like this on Monday we'll just chill inside and either do takeout or the diner thing. ;)

Has anybody heard from Harm? Harm, you out there? You didn't get attacked by wild Indians I hope! :D

Harmeister
05-28-2005, 06:53 PM
No I'm here. :)

Just lurking (as always).

for the memorial day BBQ this year my family and I will not be able to come. We will be sharing the "lovely" weather with you, though.

We'll have to come down later this year sometime.

SaintHax
05-28-2005, 06:57 PM
I'll call them later. ;)

tell frek to get his ass back on here

Cozmo D
05-28-2005, 07:27 PM
No I'm here. :)

Just lurking (as always).

for the memorial day BBQ this year my family and I will not be able to come. We will be sharing the "lovely" weather with you, though.

We'll have to come down later this year sometime.
Cool! Enjoy, hope to see you guys soon! :)

Cozmo D
05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
tell frek to get his ass back on here
I've already told him that many times. ;)

We seem to have lost Chief as well. :confused:

SaintHax
05-28-2005, 07:30 PM
something is screwing up with Chief's route into the data center, I've been trying to figure out what's going on.

xtristessax
05-28-2005, 08:45 PM
hey man, i'm in nyc now. let me know some final plans by monday or something. see you then!

Cozmo D
05-28-2005, 11:05 PM
So far, so good.

Address is:
410 Prospect Ave. between 7th Ave. & 8th Ave.
Phone #718 832-5532
Cell #718 724-3616

Talk to ya soon. :)

SaintHax
05-28-2005, 11:48 PM
prank call time...

Cozmo D
05-29-2005, 12:28 AM
At least if I get one I can narrow it down to like 4 or 5 people. :D

Harmeister
05-29-2005, 09:43 AM
oooh. Low blow there Coz.

I've had your number for years now and you've never caught me yet!!! (thank goodness for phone routing and calling cards :) )

xtristessax
05-29-2005, 03:30 PM
alright, awesome, i'm going to bring some hamburger meat!

Cozmo D
05-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Cool! Looks like we'll be blessed with some decent weather too. :)

Is*it*my*turn
05-29-2005, 10:50 PM
So while you all get to sit around and chat, eating fantastic bbq and burnt-beyond recognition hot dogs, I get to dish out ativan and try to fit taking care of 5 patients into the time it takes to take care of 3. It hardly seems fair, why should I get to have all the fun while you all sit at a boring bbq? Anyway, my thoughts are with you all, and I hope you have fun. Take plenty of pictures and let all of us who didnt get to go how it went!

humanity_Sin_egma
05-30-2005, 06:17 AM
enjoy your holiday get together! :D

Harmeister
05-30-2005, 07:20 AM
eating fantastic bbq and burnt-beyond recognition hot dogs

Actually, if Coz is doing the BBQ'ing this year (which I assume he is since I'm not there) the hot-dogs are about the only thing not too burnt...

:eek: :eek:

:p

Cozmo D
05-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Hah, we'll see about that! :p

Harmeister
05-30-2005, 11:36 AM
I demand pics from syxx, then. He's the only impartial witness to the events.

Is*it*my*turn
05-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Hot dogs are only good when burnt though...

Harmeister
05-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Then Coz is your kinda cook.

Cozmo D
05-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Only Kristen and her boyfriend Marc showed up. We FEASTED on burgers, hot dogs, and my renowned BBQ chicken! :p

Rumi_Philosophie
05-31-2005, 01:41 PM
How did it go? Sorry I couldn't come,I had to work and my client I had exhausted me mentally and plus I had to deal with some BS where I'm at which involved a house monitor filing a harrassment charge against me. anyways,I hope you all had fun.

Cozmo D
05-31-2005, 02:13 PM
It was great Rumi, sorry you couldn't make it. :)

syxxpm
05-31-2005, 02:23 PM
i waited 4 hours.....frek never came....i called his cell about 7 times and i got two voice mails with numeric pages that i sent .....still no answer....so about 630 i gave up called my folks on a pay phone cuz i dont have a cell and went home..i was so pissed off i have no recollection of anything i did last nite and just kinda turned off......i woke up the next morning and my room looked like a tornado hit it so i cleaned up and went back to work...oh and coz make that seven store managers,,,,my boss who just fought cancer for a yearwas let go and replaced by a new guy who starts june 2....basically they thought he wasnt running the store well enough,,,,,

Cozmo D
05-31-2005, 03:30 PM
i waited 4 hours.....frek never came....i called his cell about 7 times and i got two voice mails with numeric pages that i sent .....still no answer....so about 630 i gave up called my folks on a pay phone cuz i dont have a cell and went home..i was so pissed off i have no recollection of anything i did last nite and just kinda turned off......i woke up the next morning and my room looked like a tornado hit it so i cleaned up and went back to work...oh and coz make that seven store managers,,,,my boss who just fought cancer for a yearwas let go and replaced by a new guy who starts june 2....basically they thought he wasnt running the store well enough,,,,,
Syxx, you need a call phone man. I was trying to call you ever since right after the last time we talked, like at 12 or something. I had talked to Be and it was plain to see that he wasn't going to make it. So, I tried to call you back and warn you to make sure you talked to FrEk before you headed out. Couldn't get you or anybody at your house. I warned Kristen not to come too early and went out to get food. By the time I got back it was 4 and still no word from you and no answer at your house, so I called FrEk. That fool was just getting out of the bed and was hung over as shit, so I knew you were screwed! So I tried to call Kristen and head her off, but she was already on her way and in fact called me from my station like 10 mins later. So I had them come on and we had a nice time eatin and chillin. :)

Syxx, get yaself a cell and for pete's sake learn how to drive on the highway so at least you are not always depending on FrEk or Be to drive you!

Chief
05-31-2005, 07:32 PM
hey coz, you should take it as a hint (nobody wants anymore of your cooking)

Cozmo D
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Oh, I take it as a hint alright. :)

xtristessax
05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Haters BEWARE...future post coming about the greatness of Coz's BBQ Chicken.

soon as i make it back to Boone i am loading up pics and i'll give a firsthand account.

Chief
05-31-2005, 11:02 PM
hahahaha...so Coz took you to KFC...atta boy old man..:)

syxxpm
05-31-2005, 11:49 PM
im sorry but for the cell thing i dont need everybody knowing where im going and what im doing every five minutes so a cell phone is not for me....

and i dont mind going with someone on highway but im damn sure not going on a 2 1/2 hour car ride by myself ..i mean ill try to drive their car if they go with me but mine will not last more than an hour on the road before dying...and i DONT plan on purchasing a new one in the near future...i have enough in terms of food money rent moneyand insurance money to worry about....im not about to plop another 12 grand for a f*ckin car.....

i thank you for your words and your kindness but this is just something i do not do....THE END!

Cozmo D
05-31-2005, 11:56 PM
Damm Syxx, I touched a nerve? Sorry man! :(

Jeez, what's happened to this place? :confused:

syxxpm
06-01-2005, 12:13 AM
its not you ben...ive always been this fucked up

syxxpm
06-01-2005, 12:16 AM
i cant drive with music cuz if i lose my concentration i get lost.....
i have problems with fast driving.....the last time frek drove me home i waited till he left and then almost like clock work puked on my moms flowers and of course did the mature thing and told her it was "probably the neighbours dog"
im the pansy who got sick on a ferris wheel for christsakes....

i every time somebody calls me they want something from me....somebody wanting me to go somewhere i dont want to go....or get me to do something i dont want to do....i just like being alone....i dont need my job calling me everyday im off...my friend wants me to visit him in boston and thinks this is a "weekend" kinda thing....are you crazy! as much as i like you im not driving four fuckin hours to visit someone...when i get off of work the last thing i want to see is another human!....I NEED TIME TO MYSELF SO THAT I CAN GIVE YOU MYSELF!

i cant be this happy cheery person without consequences......i love all of you on here i really do and ive got my issues to sort out as do we all....please dont think any "or try to" less of me for not being a better person but...this is it....i cant "grow" anymore.....i dont have it in me..im happy i am able to bring smiles to your faces as usually i dont do well interacting with other people...through you ive been able to show you a side of me that i "think" is real...that i "think" is true.....you all brought out a side of me that i didnt even think i had in me....that i could be funny and reassuring....and that you all genuinely llike me for who i am

syxxpm
06-01-2005, 12:45 AM
maybe its just stress or the fact that i have yet another managerial overhaul coming my way and may never see someone who gave me a second chance again....maybe its cuz im 27 AND STILL DONT FEEL COMFTORABLE AROUND OTHER PEOPLE TO EVEN INITIATE A RELATIONSHIP!all i know is im doing the best that i think i can do.....its whatever i can do to go day by day on this little orb.....my music...makes the days a little brighter,,,,movies?videogames?books?....they add extra color to a world i dont see enough color in( im sorry i ve been to niagra falls/disney land/amish country/montreal...and it didnt mean shit to me....land does not impress me.people are the same everywhere they put on their smiles and tourism masks and make you feel welcome for your three day stay.....when someone paints a picture or writes a poem or plays a character .or sings a song (that has an impact on me)....the same when i go on here and see a private message r post with a smily on it....it makes things seem so much cooler....when someone creates something from their heart.... that touches you...that means something.......im sorry but people at times are genuinely shit....but a person....can mean forever to you....maybe im to cynical.....maybe im to closed......but id like to think that someone knows where im coming from on this tirade cuz i think i gave up cohesion about twenty minutes ago trying to find a voice for myself .....

all of you on here have shown me their are at least somepeople who arent one dimensional....its been a joy to know some of you.....and the closest thing i think to a blessing as well.....have a good nite....

Cozmo D
06-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Here's a smile for you Syxx. :)

spidey
06-01-2005, 02:00 AM
I missed the BBQ? Ah, $%*!

Chief
06-01-2005, 08:11 AM
what kind of bullshit is that syxx..you know damn well im 1 dimensional......

syxxpm
06-01-2005, 01:05 PM
thanks guys.....i really did need that...i think i needed to purge that too!...i've always been a bit on the hermit side so its a bit awkward for me to just show myself to world when the sun will fry me :D

im sorry im weird and difficult....but im glad you can see past that....group hug!

Chief
06-01-2005, 05:33 PM
*smacks syxxs hand* "NO grabbing my ass, how many times do I have to tell you that?"

spidey
06-02-2005, 06:18 PM
just a year and a half?

Hero1
06-03-2005, 05:32 AM
hey syxx often the people who bring a lot of laughs and joy to people feel like that..keep it real syxx hope things at work turn out well