PDA

View Full Version : im not selling the records till Be gets here!!

Hero1
05-06-2005, 07:08 PM
haha yall gotta watch this very funny..thats how Be role!

http://www.mumbleshiphop.com/store/other/dvd/deepcrates_rv.html

Chief
05-06-2005, 07:57 PM
bwhahahahah....left a sower taste in my mouth.......

Cozmo D
05-07-2005, 01:21 AM
I won't get into how many cats have told me they are pissed at Be behind that shit.

Etherspin
05-07-2005, 03:01 AM
hehehe ....

ziiiiiip...

syxxpm
05-07-2005, 01:50 PM
i cant watch this on my comp so could someone please explain?....

Etherspin
05-07-2005, 07:24 PM
bunch of dudes talking about a meet where they could pick up stacks of vinyl from dealers.. from the sound of it, one dealer wouldnt let em buy anything till Be arrived and had his pick of the bunch first .. a few sounded miffed

Hero1
05-07-2005, 08:31 PM
is from this documentary called "diggin in the crates" about crate diggin :) anyway in the trailer for the DVD they show these interviews and everyones talkin abt how they couldnt buy any records cause this guy said he was waitin for prince be from pm dawn ..and they wernt 2 happy abt it

Etherspin
05-07-2005, 10:14 PM
"our money is green too"

eternals layre
05-08-2005, 01:19 AM
but think if it didnt happen what songs we wouldnt have?

Etherspin
05-08-2005, 03:07 AM
There'd be a different bunch of songs by pm dawn, which is why i propose forum funding for me to travel to parallel universes 702-850 and bring back enough material for pm dawn unreleased volumes 2 - 90
:)

BigRed82
05-08-2005, 10:49 AM
That was interesting, I wonder why the guy specifically held those records for Be? Maybe I missed it, did Be purposefully tell the guy to wait and he'll give him extra money or what?

Cozmo D
05-08-2005, 12:09 PM
That was interesting, I wonder why the guy specifically held those records for Be? Maybe I missed it, did Be purposefully tell the guy to wait and he'll give him extra money or what?
That's about it. From what I've been told by both Be and cats like Evil Dee, Be single handedly drove up the price of vinyl from these dealers like ten fold! :D

SaintHax
05-08-2005, 12:37 PM
I want to see the freakin clip! what format is it?

Harmeister
05-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Real Player (unfortunately)

SaintHax
05-08-2005, 10:34 PM
rea--buffering--l--buffering--pla--buffering--ye---buffering--r?

Hero1
05-09-2005, 12:29 AM
hey heres the clip in windows media player format for everyone!

http://www.mumbleshiphop.com/store/other/dvd/deepcrates_wmv.html

xtristessax
05-09-2005, 12:41 AM
hey that was really interesting. thanks for the link!

Be
05-10-2005, 01:17 AM
ok ok ok...i'm tired of hearin' about mr walt's whinin ass...he needs to just get over it or learn how to treat people better...so first of all ...we as in mr walt and i are from the land of the 25k remix as we were both doing at least 2 remixes a month in the early 90's and that was our fee 20k plus an additional 5k for "record research" if you wanted yo shit to be super hot....yes record companies went for this shit for a brief and glorious period so...when i went looking for records...my main hunt was totally unused drum loops so i could rock em over and over until someone could catch up with me then i'd stop using the drum loop...here's a perfect example.....all you diggerz pay attention....THE SCULLSNAPS....the main drum loop in patient eyes was used only twice by diamond d and steezo before i used it on a pop record after that i never used it on a pm dawn record ever again...but i killed it on pm dawn remixes....ok so anyhoot.....i knew it costs anywhere between 100 & 500 to use a drummer on a song noy including studio costs...so that was my range 100 and under for an ok loop...3-500 for some super hot shit....and this is the main reason the dealers LOVED me...I DO NOT HAGGLE...if the man said his record was 50 bucks and i liked it..i gave the man 50 bucks...point blank....transaction done.....but i hate people knowing what records i had or bought so when i complained about that to a dealer friend of mine he decided to cover all the shit up until i got there...and most dealers didn't like walt because he wasn't really there to buy....he was there to research hot shit and buy elsewhere...so kats was not really feelin' hm....also another thing was...this shit was going on at around 5-7am...it cost an extra 100 bucks to get in early...so me and my crew wound get there around 4:30 with coffee and donuts for everybody and help them bring their records into the venue...plus i would share my knowledge with kats...walt would tell no one about the loop he used for the infamous Bucktown beat....but he slipped up and told tip who then used it on oh my God...that's how i found out

Hero1
05-10-2005, 04:08 AM
hey be thanks for the details..interesting stuff.. you should write a book.. for real

Etherspin
05-10-2005, 04:29 AM
yeah that'd be an interesting Biog!

Cozmo D
05-10-2005, 09:10 AM
I figured this thread would draw you out sooner or later! :D

Chukwuka
05-10-2005, 03:33 PM
All I want to say is...

Fuhq'm!!! Who say Be aint Gangsta... donuts and shit fo errrbody.... Daz like buy'n the bar!!!! Take dat!!

Wheeljak
05-12-2005, 12:28 AM
This is the kind of stuff I like to read-- the "behind the scenes" stuff that I couldn't find in any book. I didn't even know there were record conventions; I thought all of the vinyl came from stores, like the one Omar Epps went to in Juice. :)

xtristessax
05-14-2005, 03:35 AM
oh yes, remember the time in the record business when the actual record companies would encourage the creativity of their artists, record research, and industrious sampling. oh, the glorious remix. i miss those days.

i once read a Puff Daddy (yes, hes P Diddy now or whatever, but this was from a while back) that told him he should take heed to P.M. Dawn in his sample usage. I think that reviewer had a good point.

Wheeljak
05-14-2005, 12:55 PM
oh yes, remember the time in the record business when the actual record companies would encourage the creativity of their artists, record research, and industrious sampling. oh, the glorious remix. i miss those days.
You do? I can picture it now...

Wheeljak
05-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Oops, I messed up. Here's how it should have appeared...

You do? I can picture it now...

Heh heh. :D

xtristessax
05-14-2005, 10:54 PM
haha thats great! lets just put it this way...at least my soul is old!