PDA

View Full Version : Prince Be In Paradise

Cozmo D
03-01-2005, 03:17 AM
Just lettin' y'all know...

Be called me tonight from Hawaii, where he's been since last week...and he's LOVIN IT! He says this is the happiest that he's been in a LONG time, he's actually lovin the sun and the beach...things that he's NEVER liked!

They've decided to extend their stay another week. Seems they're catchin' mad love out there, and actually selling records and getting airplay. They've done 3 shows so far, and he says that when they perform "Amnesia" the crowd actually KNOWS THE WORDS! So they're lining up more shows and some radio spots. I told him maybe he'll move out there some day. He said that he doesn't know about that "someday" shit, 'cause his ass just might not come back! :D

He said he knows it's a cliche, but it's really different out there. Most positive and motivated and happiest that I've heard him in quite a while, and our coversations are usually happy and full of laughs.

Me and the wife go out there in April...can't fukkin wait! :p

ROCK ON BE!!! :D

humanity_Sin_egma
03-01-2005, 08:39 AM
EXCELLent! Sweet on the love! Kaching. Amnesia Rocks; not surprised~

Fab. news Coz. Hawaii is heaven, I'm told and jealous as all heck here hehe, my mom was born there 6 months before the war. The natives mentality is if you are unhappy with what you got, then want less. ;) Anyplace that prefers bare feet to shoes is cool with me. :D

Enjoy!
shake your grass skirts when you get there
*that would be a great pic(s) to post

How can you go wrong in a place where Aloha means hello goodbye and love and they kiss you when you arrive or leave :p
Be wouldn't be the first to visit and stay forever. wtg and did I mention I'm sooo envious?

Get your hula hands on board the plane and let loose when u'r there.
Got an old Hilo Hattie album here: Al Kealohoa Perry and his surfriders, 1946, Decca Records & no player :(
Sounds like "Christmas in July" for you all, soooo
Mele Kalikimaka

oh &

ALOHA

Brian221
03-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Hey Coz...do you know if one of the shows was for tsunami relief? A while back someone contacted me from something called World All-Stars and was lookin for Pm Dawn so I put them in contact. I knew the show was supposed to be in Hawaii so I was just curious if it was the same gig.

Rumi_Philosophie
03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Good to hear the news.Hopefully it will last...:)

The_Kay_Dee
03-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Good news. Hawaii IS beautiful. I considered attending the U of H back in high school. (I just wanted to get away from home.)
Great news. Change of pace/ scenery can work wonders.

xtristessax
03-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the news, Coz, that sounds great. I'm glad someone is having some positivity in their life. I hope you and your wife have an awesome time...she is so pretty! What a great smile.

I've never been to Hawaii. I've always thought it was a little cliche as well, but the more i think about it, the better a vacation sounds. I don't know what I want...just trying to figure out what to do with my life!

Cozmo D
03-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey Coz...do you know if one of the shows was for tsunami relief? A while back someone contacted me from something called World All-Stars and was lookin for Pm Dawn so I put them in contact. I knew the show was supposed to be in Hawaii so I was just curious if it was the same gig.
No, but I'll find out. Supposed to talk to him later.

Cozmo D
03-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the news, Coz, that sounds great. I'm glad someone is having some positivity in their life. I hope you and your wife have an awesome time...she is so pretty! What a great smile.

I've never been to Hawaii. I've always thought it was a little cliche as well, but the more i think about it, the better a vacation sounds. I don't know what I want...just trying to figure out what to do with my life!
Awwwww...I'll tell her that you said that. :)

Your life is just startin sweet, no pressure, just make sure that whatever you decide to do is something that you really enjoy! :D

xtristessax
03-01-2005, 03:09 PM
i know, i know, but i sure feel old. i'm the oldest 22 year old i know! i think its just a lot of stress...its got me flippin out. i graduate in the spring, which is good, but i just found out that i didn't get into the gradschool that i wanted, so now i have to decide what i want to do for a year until i can try again. bummer, but i'll be ok. just stressed! at least my most excellent boyfriend will be there to comfort me.

and my guitar, of course.

Boogie
03-01-2005, 06:33 PM
That news put me in a good mood, the fact that the people out there are feeling Be's stuff gives me hope for the world that I have lost so much hope in... Thanks Coz

filmwizdaddy
03-02-2005, 05:05 AM
set adrift was on a beach wasn't it......or was that "sometimes i miss you so much."

PsychoMan
03-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Me and the wife go out there in April...can't fukkin wait! :p

Hey, my girlfriend and I are going there for two weeks at the end of April/May. It will be our first time there... and my second time in the 'States ever. I can't wait!

syxxpm
03-02-2005, 02:35 PM
yayfor be...hope his vacation goes most excellent!

Louis85
03-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Be is not here, he's making his escape.
The Be you hear is magnitized on tape.
He flying west for snorkeling and skiing.
Just leave a message when you hear the....
Don't you dare touch that phone!
When you hear the...
Don't you dare touch that phone!
When you hear the beep.

(To be sung to the tune of "When Sly Calls" by Michael Franks. I believe Be is a Michael Franks fan and therefore would appreciate the above.)

"Don't you dare touch that phone."

Hero1
03-02-2005, 11:06 PM
hey coz..if you talk to be on the phone again..give him a message from tim.."i hope some1 is sucking your toes!" :) :) :)

great news

Foxy11
03-04-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm glad that Be is happy. I hope to see Hawaii one day (soon) as well...hmmm maybe one day I'll have some clients in the Pro Bowl that could get me out there ;) Hope you and the Mrs. enjoy your vacation, Coz.

BigRed82
03-06-2005, 04:16 PM
That's great news; I'm glad Be's happy. Hopefully this can help him beat that depression that he's been battling for awhile.

Coz, has Be been writing anything while he's there or do you know? Sometimes an "escape" can mean everything to the creative process.

sffawn
03-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the update on BE, Coz. Hawaii is such a beautiful place, you'll love it.
I really love the song "Amnesia". I have been playing "Amnesia" and "Night In The City" back to back and they both sound great together. Do you know if "Night In The City" is going to be on the new album? If not, when you talk to Be next, could you ask? And let him know that "Night In the City" Totally Rocks!
Thanks Again Coz

onegalacticwino
03-12-2005, 02:06 PM
They've done 3 shows so far, and he says that when they perform "Amnesia" the crowd actually KNOWS THE WORDS!

Be, give the Northeast a chance and sing that song in a club up here. Hell, we'll not only sing along with it, we'll sing it backwards if you want:

You I'm that remember can't I, amnesia have I :eek:

I'm fixin' to move to Kentucky, and I doubt you'll be swinging down there anytime soon. Then again, I'll be more in the middle of the country than I am now, so I can have easier access to the next PM Dawn show. :D

wine-yo

Dark Sun
03-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Good news indeed. And keep up on posting shows . . .

Be
03-16-2005, 01:09 PM
sup ya'll...thanx fo all the love...i know ya'll got my back..as mace would say H>>A>>W>>A>>II was the shizzy...i know it;s a cliche' but that place was completely theraputic....i swear...i honestly didn't know that i needed a vacation that bad or that...that was the place i needed to be...anyhoot..i'm home..and the shit is wearing off already...i..ii...feel the...the....darkness ...taking over me.....and it sux......big time...we're going back around my birthday...to film a dvd....P.M. Dawn Alive in Maui....and i just might not come back...DUDE we went whale watching/petting ... i got sea sick and spent most of the ride on the floor...but i saw them none the less honestly i haven't had a good time like that since playing with Christian when he was a baby....OH YEAH....brian...it was that tsunami dude...but that benifit was over already...but it panned out none the less

Louis85
03-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Sounds great Be, except for the seasickness. That's one that sneaks up on you. I got seasick on a little fishing boat in Lake Erie! It sounds rediculous, but when the water's choppy, I think that can happen to anyone.

Good to see ya back.

Louis85

Chief
03-16-2005, 04:59 PM
keep your head up man...do what you have to do....

xtristessax
03-16-2005, 06:46 PM
hey Be that's awesome. we all need an escape sometimes, a change of pace. you could use your experience as part of a relaxation technique when you feel the darkness creeping in...go there in your mind man.

Cozmo D
03-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Yvette and I go the 31st! Can't fukkin wait!!! :)

Hero1
03-17-2005, 04:06 AM
hey be bring back sum photoz next time.. the dvd sounds a great idea..we should do a forum commentary for it :)

sdldawn
03-17-2005, 04:09 AM
cool ... positivity...

Be
03-18-2005, 10:25 AM
this friggin dude always rubz me the wrong way....no matter what^^^^i don't know if he does it on purpose or not...but i'm starting to not give a fizzz nuck about his intentions anymore