Originally posted by syxxpm@Jan 1 2005, 10:13 PM
two words.....OPEN WATER!

nice non manachian* ending :ohnoes:

* for clarification of definition consult your nearest ben cenac :rofl:
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about Syxx. :dunno:

syxxpm
01-02-2005, 03:54 PM
omg!....I actually stumped coz on a word..........:shock:

manachian is basically a way of saying good vs evil or the old protagonist vs antagonist formula where good wins in the end via...superman vs luthor..god vs satan....slash vs axl...etx....

like a manachian movie formula would be rambo killing "the bad guys" and walking away in the sunset as "the hero"....(see where im going with this?)

basically there are no shades of grey..

Etherspin
01-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Manichean

:)

humanity_Sin_egma
01-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Hiya Syxx!
Not sure what this thread is about. But here's a drop in the bucket for the open waters.

My aged view does not agree with the no shades of grey thinking. Sorry, but I can respect your right to have a different viewpoint. "This 'spirit' taught him the divine truths of what would become the Manichaean religion." That's along the lines of M. thinking. The rainbow perspective. :)

Manachian has a bit of complexity to it beyond black/white or good/bad.
http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/heresy03.htm
(Don't let the url's name fool ya. The Doctrine and discipline section is a good read.)
"Mani...As the theory of two eternal principles, good and evil, is predominant in this fusion of ideas and gives color to the whole, Manichæism is classified as a form of religious Dualism."
Or the encyclopedia's version
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism
Just my 2 cents on what that means....
Dualism is beyond the truimph of good versus evil, but a balance of the two energies. Satan was an angel before he thought he knew more than God, so in order to "win over evil" your will has to be given to God or your following in the path of Satan. God's justice is what will prevail; it's not our job to do his.
No one is free from sin, so we are all capable of good and evil. Duality explains this and adresses the fraility of being human.
"Many ____ are individually Taoist and collectively Confuscist." a Hong Kong philosophy teacher I can't remember.

*hitting head
What's it all about?

syxxpm
01-03-2005, 08:37 PM
cool...thanks for the typewritten mental equivalent of claritin you just slipped me. :thumbsup:

Hero1
01-04-2005, 06:18 AM
i wanted to see that movie..looks scary

humanity_Sin_egma
01-04-2005, 06:32 AM
:D Ha Ha Syxx

filmwizdaddy
01-07-2005, 06:11 AM
open daughter

the writer must be "gay"

Likes open places