PDA

View Full Version : The White Album

sdldawn
11-17-2004, 02:35 PM
The Beatles masterpiece in my opinion.. seperate work in unity on two amazing disks...

favy's are:

Mother natures son
everybody got something to hide
Helter Skelter
Martha
Blackbird
Happiness is a warm gun
Dear prudence
Why dont we do it in the road
Yer Blues
I will

sorry george.. his really didnt make the cut on this list...

Usually in the winter is when I pull out my beatles tunes.. i guess cause i got in2 them at that point..

yay beatles :rock:

DJ Detroit Butcher
11-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness Is a Warm Gun
I'm So Tired
Julia
Yer Blues
Sexy Sadie
Revolution 1
Honey Pie
Savoy Truffle
Cry Baby Cry
Revolution 9
Good Night

Cozmo D
11-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by sdldawn@Nov 17 2004, 01:35 PM
The Beatles masterpiece in my opinion.. seperate work in unity on two amazing disks...

favy's are:

Mother natures son
Helter Skelter
Martha
Blackbird
Happiness is a warm gun
Dear prudence
Yer Blues
I will

Usually in the winter is when I pull out my beatles tunes.. i guess cause i got in2 them at that point..

OK, you just cemented that I will NEVER take any music reviews YOU make seriously! :slap:

Cozmo D
11-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by samedeepwaterasyou@Nov 17 2004, 01:48 PM
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Happiness Is a Warm Gun
I'm So Tired
Julia
Yer Blues
Sexy Sadie
Revolution 1
Honey Pie
Savoy Truffle
Cry Baby Cry
Revolution 9
Good Night

THANK YOU SAMEDEEP!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :urock:

Chief
11-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Beatles suck

sdldawn
11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap+Nov 17 2004, 12:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Venus Flytrap @ Nov 17 2004, 12:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sdldawn@Nov 17 2004, 01:35 PM

favy's are:

Mother natures son
Helter Skelter
Martha
Blackbird
Happiness is a warm gun
Dear prudence
Yer Blues
I will

OK, you just cemented that I will NEVER take any music reviews YOU make seriously! :slap: [/b][/quote]
i guess we're even then.. cause i dont take ure music seriously

hahaha :bowlaugh:

Cozmo D
11-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by sdldawn+Nov 17 2004, 03:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sdldawn @ Nov 17 2004, 03:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Nov 17 2004, 12:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sdldawn@Nov 17 2004, 01:35 PM

favy's are:

Mother natures son
Helter Skelter
Martha
Blackbird
Happiness is a warm gun
Dear prudence
Yer Blues
I will

yay beatles* :rock:
OK, you just cemented that I will NEVER take any music reviews YOU make seriously! :slap:

hahaha :bowlaugh: [/b][/quote]
FUKK YOU!!! :fawkdance:

At least my kids and the IRS take my music seriously...where da fukk is YOUR music?

Shit, if it wasn't for MY music, you'd probably only have isuckprincesdick.com to post your boring ass reviews of boring ass musical prattle on. :sleep: :dabutt:

sdldawn
11-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap+Nov 17 2004, 12:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Venus Flytrap @ Nov 17 2004, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by sdldawn@Nov 17 2004, 03:11 PM

favy's are:

Mother natures son
Helter Skelter
Martha
Blackbird
Happiness is a warm gun
Dear prudence
Yer Blues
I will

At least my kids and the IRS take my music seriously...where da fukk is YOUR music?

Shit, if it wasn't for MY music, you'd probably only have isuckprincesdick.com to post your boring ass reviews of boring ass musical prattle on. :sleep: :dabutt: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :roll: calm down.. i was only joking

i knew that would hit a nerve.. :fawkdance:

soemone found coz soft spot...

:rofl:

Cozmo D
11-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by sdldawn+Nov 17 2004, 03:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sdldawn @ Nov 17 2004, 03:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Nov 17 2004, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by sdldawn@Nov 17 2004, 03:11 PM

favy's are:

Mother natures son
Helter Skelter
Martha
Blackbird
Happiness is a warm gun
Dear prudence
Yer Blues
I will

Shit, if it wasn't for MY music, you'd probably only have isuckprincesdick.com to post your boring ass reviews of boring ass musical prattle on. :sleep: :dabutt:
:rofl: :roll: calm down.. i was only joking

i knew that would hit a nerve.. :fawkdance:

soemone found coz soft spot...

:rofl: [/b][/quote]
Never berate an artist about his own art...guaranteed to hit a nerve every time. :slap:

Chief
11-17-2004, 04:28 PM
hahahahahahahaha....he thinks its art..how cute

Cozmo D
11-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Johny Fever@Nov 17 2004, 03:28 PM
hahahahahahahaha....he thinks its art..how cute
The only art that you make is when you pee in the snow! :dabutt:

Chief
11-17-2004, 05:07 PM
oh yea....well u eat it.....so there

sdldawn
11-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Johny Fever@Nov 17 2004, 01:07 PM
:kekeke:

DJ Detroit Butcher
11-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Nov 17 2004, 03:22 PM

:owned:

Cozmo D
11-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Johny Fever@Nov 17 2004, 04:07 PM
Back to you paleface! :nana:

sdldawn
11-17-2004, 10:01 PM
:owned: [/QUOTE]

yep, thats a word i can say about the f*cked music album... :fawkdance:

Etherspin
11-18-2004, 12:09 AM
ahh the over stepping insults in this thread..

knocking the validity of someones entire taste in music and then insulting someones body of work...

:)

i feel all warm and fuzzy

Cozmo D
11-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 17 2004, 11:09 PM

knocking the validity of someones entire taste in music and then insulting someones body of work...

Hey, the man said that the song that is generally thought of as the greatest that George Harrison ever wrote didn't make his White Album list. I believe that's just cause not to bother with his reviews, which are niether what he does for a living or require any kind of skill or artistry.

So, he insults that which is my lifework and a product of my soul, not by saying he didn't like it, which is sorely a matter of taste, but by saying he didn't take it seriously, which is like saying it's worthless...not even real music.

All considered, I think I took it very well. :kekeke:

Etherspin
11-18-2004, 12:57 AM
good point.. the word seriously is key

sdldawn
11-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap+Nov 17 2004, 08:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Venus Flytrap @ Nov 17 2004, 08:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ETHERSPIN@Nov 17 2004, 11:09 PM

Hey, the man said that the song that is generally thought of as the greatest that George Harrison ever wrote didn't make his White Album list. I believe that's just cause not to bother with his reviews, which are niether what he does for a living or require any kind of skill or artistry.

So, he insults that which is my lifework and a product of my soul, not by saying he didn't like it, which is sorely a matter of taste, but by saying he didn't take it seriously, which is like saying it's worthless...not even real music.

All considered, I think I took it very well. :kekeke: [/b][/quote]

and btw i never reviewed any cd. I said my favorites were.. i didnt say the rest of the album is rubbish. Thats my favorite all time set. period.

and most poeple who "generally" think thats the greatest george song are ususally the one's who've heard the popular stuff and never bothered to look at the rest of his career.

:tinker: :bash:

Cozmo D
11-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by sdldawn+Nov 18 2004, 12:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sdldawn @ Nov 18 2004, 12:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Nov 17 2004, 08:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ETHERSPIN@Nov 17 2004, 11:09 PM

and btw i never reviewed any cd. I said my favorites were.. i didnt say the rest of the album is rubbish. Thats my favorite all time set. period.

and most poeple who "generally" think thats the greatest george song are ususally the one's who've heard the popular stuff and never bothered to look at the rest of his career.

:tinker: :bash: [/b][/quote]
Son, I looked at his ENTIRE career in REAL TIME, not in anthologies and box sets! :slap:

sdldawn
11-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap+Nov 17 2004, 09:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Venus Flytrap @ Nov 17 2004, 09:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by sdldawn@Nov 18 2004, 12:00 AM

Son, I looked at his ENTIRE career in REAL TIME, not in anthologies and box sets! :slap: [/b][/quote]
and that says what?

not shit.. i've heard the same things you've heard.. same interviews.. same everything.. just different time.

and trust me, my knowledge about george dont come from a box set or anthology.. im rather fond of his entire catelog. unless u knew the guy, u havent heard anything more than I have.. so dont bring your age into this..

:tinker:

Cozmo D
11-18-2004, 01:39 AM
Fine, we'll chalk it up to different tastes...which is what I did in the 1st place. You're the 1 who decided to make it personal.

sdldawn
11-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Nov 17 2004, 09:39 PM
Fine, we'll chalk it up to different tastes...which is what I did in the 1st place. You're the 1 who decided to make it personal.
I believe you who said "OK, you just cemented that I will NEVER take any music reviews YOU make seriously"

now, not that I care what ure opinion is on this.. i decided to fib on you.. and u got pissed and ranted about me liking prince or whatever the :blahblah: was.
I shouldnt have said that about your work. MY BAD.. had no clue putting up this post someone would get their feelings hurt, and me popin off to you, and u claimin senority to some beatles music..

:peace:

Cozmo D
11-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by sdldawn+Nov 18 2004, 12:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sdldawn @ Nov 18 2004, 12:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Nov 17 2004, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by sdldawn@Nov 18 2004, 12:00 AM

Son, I looked at his ENTIRE career in REAL TIME, not in anthologies and box sets! :slap:
and that says what?

not shit.. i've heard the same things you've heard.. same interviews.. same everything.. just different time.

and trust me, my knowledge about george dont come from a box set or anthology.. im rather fond of his entire catelog. unless u knew the guy, u havent heard anything more than I have.. so dont bring your age into this..

:tinker: [/b][/quote]
Oh, now we're editing. :rolleyes:

You have no idea what I heard or who I know. If you think that lstening to tapes or DVDs or whatever 30 years after the fact is any substitute for living in the time and actually experiencing the background of the world when the music was created then so be it. Try understanding what he felt in todays world and think you got it.

The only thing that I was saying is that you consider a beautiful song like that not even worth mentioning, which means to me that your taste and mine will NEVER jibe! You felt that was a good reason to insult my life's work...something that I imagined that you felt anyway. However, to say you don't even take it seriously, yes, you hit a sore spot...and I'm man enough to admit it.

Now you wanna give me this :tinker: ...fine. All I can say is, let's see if half of the boring ass groups you tout so highly have their music remembered as much as mine is now after 20 years. We already know that YOURS won't be, becaus you don't have any. :cool:

Cozmo D
11-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by sdldawn+Nov 18 2004, 12:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sdldawn @ Nov 18 2004, 12:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Venus Flytrap@Nov 17 2004, 09:39 PM
Fine, we'll chalk it up to different tastes...which is what I did in the 1st place.* You're the 1 who decided to make it personal.
I believe you who said "OK, you just cemented that I will NEVER take any music reviews YOU make seriously"
[/b][/quote]
The key word that I said in that was I!

I was stating MY opinion about OUR tastes...nothing else.

And I doubt your pop-off was really a joke.

sdldawn
11-18-2004, 02:04 AM
i'm well aware of what was going on at the time when he wrote this song.. but maybe u lost it somewhere that these posts i make about "favorites" are what im currently vibing.. maybe I need to rephrase myself everytime i make a damn post so u know its not carved in stone.

and do you actually think mentioning and criticizin the artists i listen to are hurting my feelings? I could give a fuck what u think, or your current opinion is on any artist in the world..
its what i like. and thats about it far as it goes..

and ure right, im not some famous artist who has to spout off about how much longevity my music will have..

and i actually was joking, i m not gonna criticize your music. i joked just like a lot of the fuckin jokes ive seen around here.. and obviously that comment burnt u , but u have my apology, and i shouldnt have said it. and if u still feel you need to express to me how good of an artist u are, what u've accomplished in life, or how much u know about a group just because of your age and an artist. then go for it.

and im editing to be nice to you. i'm not gonna handle my side of the convo/argument with "your not gonna be relevant in 20 years cause you dont have a record"

Cozmo D
11-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Jesus.
I made a joke about your "favorites" thing, no big deal.

You made a joke about my art and my living, which hurt me.

I am an artist, artists are sensitive about their art.

You made a crack about people "who "generally" think thats the greatest george song are ususally the one's who've heard the popular stuff and never bothered to look at the rest of his career."
I pointed out to you that not only did I look at his whole career, I looked at it in real time, not in box sets. This is FACT.

Now I guess you were offended that I consider the fact that I lived through his career a bit more valuable than those who study it posthumously. Sorry, I can't help that, but I didn't bring it up.

Again...all I was saying is you PURPOSELY igged this BEAUTIFUL song which is just cause for ME to not take your lists into serious consideration...if you would PURPOSELY IGG "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", which is my FAVORITE SONG ON THE WHOLE DAMM ALBUM and even throw in a "sorry George" crack on top of it, we are far apart musicly.

Then...you attack me personally in a way that you could only do worse by attacking my family.

Then...you insinuate that I've probably only listened to George's popular songs.

Then...when I point out that I LIVED HIS ENTIRE CATALOG you challenge the validity of that fact.

Now...you make cracks about my struggle to validate my age and my career to people who's respect I crave as well.

Well, sorry SON...I'm a 45 year old man who has already suffered a stroke and is struggling to revive a dormant career in order to make sure his family is taken care of once he's moved on. What's more, I exist in a world that values youth, in a musical genre that discriminates against age, and on a forum where kids like you think they know more about things that happened before they were born than those who were there, simply because they studied it.

So excuse me if I feel myself for a bit. :itch:

You know what I wish for you? That some day 30 years from now some 25 year old kid tells you the same thing about PM Dawn or Prince, just because he has a new box set of holographic discs that didn't even exist before.

Chief
11-18-2004, 11:35 AM
k...i have to chime in here Coz.....i honestly have to imagine that SD was seriously joking man........ I could care less about both both of u bickering about whatever...im just stating that he has been around just as long as the rest of us..and knows that everybody takes pot shots at everybody...its part of who we are..you will have to forgive me Coz, but im a bit disappointed in you.. you have one of the best sense of humors on here, and i respect that..when i saw that..i got what he was doing before you chimed in...i didnt think you wouldve reacted that way.. im guessing it was the timing, and such. Am I correct? Anyways....continue on with the bickering..its good entertainment...Grumpy Old Men passing it on..:)

Cozmo D
11-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Johny Fever@Nov 18 2004, 10:35 AM
k...i have to chime in here Coz.....i honestly have to imagine that SD was seriously joking man........ I could care less about both both of u bickering about whatever...im just stating that he has been around just as long as the rest of us..and knows that everybody takes pot shots at everybody...its part of who we are..you will have to forgive me Coz, but im a bit disappointed in you.. you have one of the best sense of humors on here, and i respect that..when i saw that..i got what he was doing before you chimed in...i didnt think you wouldve reacted that way.. im guessing it was the timing, and such. Am I correct? Anyways....continue on with the bickering..its good entertainment...Grumpy Old Men passing it on..:)
Chief, it was all good. It was over and done with, and everbody was laffing and cracking jokes, and then I said to Ether "All considered, I think I took it very well." and even added 1 of these :kekeke: , which is an admittance that I was pretty sensitive about the "take my music serious" thing. Then SDL started it back up again, and giving me this :tinker: and I've been defending myself ever since. That's why it seems to me that it wasn't a joke after all.

You say you're disappointed with me, what have I done but defend myself? Please show me 'cause I don't see it. :confused:

Chief
11-18-2004, 01:50 PM
fair enough, i see your point after rereading...maybe a misinterpretation on both parts....carry on..

DJ Detroit Butcher
11-18-2004, 02:44 PM
this should be locked. but since it ain't, and still a public forum, Coz admitted he over-reacted, but I still agree with everything he said. Fuck the dumb shit. :cheers:

Brian221
11-18-2004, 03:03 PM
CASE CLOSED.