PDA

View Full Version : Attention computer people with domain names

SaintHax
11-10-2004, 02:56 AM
New Rules Make Domain Hijacking Easier

New Domain Rules from ICANN http://www.icann.org/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm

Essentially, if someone tries to take your domain, and you don't answer within 5 days, they now assume you are okay with the transfer. Previously, the default answer was no, and you had to explicitly state your acceptance of the domain transfer. Owners of small domains, beware: no more computerless vacations that last more than 4 days at a time!"

so with that being said look in to your domain registrar and make sure you have "domain locking" turned on for each domain...and please don't forget your password or you will be bigtime screwed.

In other news based on this rule I have an idea...if we request the transfer of pmdawn.com and they don't answer in 5 days then we've hi-jacked it :bigthumb:

Domain Name: PMDAWN.COM

Registrant:
Ultimate Search
GPO Box 7862
Hong Kong
HK
CN

Administrative Contact:
Support, DNS (NIC-2415) dns@ultsearch.com
Ultimate Search
GPO Box 7862
Central
Central, HK
Phone: 25379677

since this is one of those search spam companies I kinda doubt that they check that dns@ email addy that much...they probably get loads of spam from it anyway.

So I'm gathering a little army of anyone who's in and we will request the transfer of that domain at random times over a 2-3 day period...hopefully one of them will slip through the cracks and we snag the domain. This goes into effect Friday so we need to do this Saturday and Sunday.

Etherspin
11-10-2004, 05:26 AM
how .

SaintHax
11-10-2004, 07:31 AM
how what

Harmeister
11-10-2004, 08:14 AM
I'm in. I've already tried to get that domain before.

Also look at karmis.com (a personal thing for be)

Harmeister
11-10-2004, 08:27 AM
I re-read the rules, hax. It's about transferring the registrar, not the domain owner. I think this still might help, but you can't simply hijack the domain. You can simply transfer the registrar from one to another. (of course, once it's there, it might be a pain in the neck to transfer back out, but that's a different story)

The_Kay_Dee
11-10-2004, 08:57 PM
DAMN HARM! I WAS DOWN FOR THE 211!!!!
YEAH, BREAK YO' SELF BITCHES! UP THE MUTHAF*CKIN' WALLET THE
CASH THE JEWELS I WANT YOUR CREDIT CARDS, FOOD STAMP CARDS, RINGS, BABY RINGS, SNEAKERS, EARRINGS,NAVEL RINGS, TONGUE RINGS, EYEBROW RINGS (KEEP THE COCK RINGS EWWWW!!!) GOLD TEETH I EVEN WANT THE GOLD NAIL POLISH LADY! DON'T FORGET THE DOMAIN NAME OR I'M BUSTIN' CAPS IN YO ASS! YEAH, YEAH!!!

SaintHax
11-10-2004, 08:59 PM
All the times I've done a transfer once it leaves the registrar it's out of the owners hands, unless the same owner is just moving it from point A to point B. This just seems to make it a 5 day deadline for the owner to stop it...which is a dumb rule but can be used to our advantage.

if nothing else it's worth trying

Harmeister
11-10-2004, 09:10 PM
I totally agree, I'm just saying what the rule actually is.

Etherspin
11-10-2004, 09:40 PM
if its poss then count me in and tell me how 2 do it

Chukwuka
11-11-2004, 03:09 AM
Our Dearest Hax,

I purchased a domain name from yahoo, what do you think.....
Was it a bad idea... chukwuka.net