PDA

View Full Version : superhero films

Etherspin
11-06-2004, 06:35 AM
your faves ? what are you looking forward to and which should be made but have been overlooked ,
I kinda liked both spiderman movies tho something wasnt quite right with matching the feel for me but they were cool....

im lookin forward to batman begins and the new superman tho thats one they can potentially screw up big time ...

i was horrified at the rumour that jack black would star in a comedy green lantern movie which ive been reassured is fake.. id love 2 see a movie adaptation as green lantern hasnt been done in the past theres no shadow for it 2 be in and using current special effects they can do some cool stuff with the ring ....

which lantern tho?

spidey
11-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Those oare going to be good movies, but I'm holding out for Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider!!!

Etherspin
11-06-2004, 08:51 PM
yeah it will be interesting to see where they go with ghost rider..

fantastic four i would like 2 be really good but we shall see !!!
fingers crossed.. dont know bout jessica alba being in it tho

Cozmo D
11-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 6 2004, 07:51 PM
yeah it will be interesting to see where they go with ghost rider..

fantastic four i would like 2 be really good but we shall see !!!
fingers crossed.. dont know bout jessica alba being in it tho
Who's Jesica Alba going to play? If it's Sue Storm it must cover the story at their very beginnings. :confused:

Though I'd watch Jessica Alba play Moms Mabley! :naughty:

Etherspin
11-07-2004, 07:56 PM
denzel washington as green lantern jon stewart... hmmm
and yes she is sue Coz

Cozmo D
11-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 7 2004, 06:56 PM
and yes she is sue Coz
Sue Storm NEVER looked THAT good!!! :drool:

Hero1
11-07-2004, 08:39 PM
the only comic book movie ive ever enjoyed is hellboy!

The_Kay_Dee
11-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 6 2004, 04:35 AM
your faves ? what are you looking forward to and which should be made but have been overlooked ,
I kinda liked both spiderman movies tho something wasnt quite right with matching the feel for me but they were cool....

im lookin forward to batman begins and the new superman tho thats one they can potentially screw up big time ...

i was horrified at the rumour that jack black would star in a comedy green lantern movie which ive been reassured is fake.. id love 2 see a movie adaptation as green lantern hasnt been done in the past theres no shadow for it 2 be in and using current special effects they can do some cool stuff with the ring ....

which lantern tho?
GREEN LANTERN LIGHT!!!!

DEFINATELY JOHN STEWART LANTERN STORY!!!!
NOT ENOUGH BLACK SUPERHERO MOVIES!!!!
AT LEAST DO THE SEQUEL WITH STEWART!!!!!!
CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME?????

The_Kay_Dee
11-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 7 2004, 05:56 PM
denzel washington as green lantern jon stewart... hmmm
and yes she is sue Coz
NOOOOOO NOPT DENZEL! I WOULD RATHER SEE BOKEEM WOODBINE PLAYING CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!!

morris chestnutt maybe, gimme a few hours to do some brainstorming but NOT DENZEL!

Etherspin
11-09-2004, 12:16 AM
brainstorm away , as long as u exclude Will Smith ..
i dont see that dude in the role cause of the jon stewart vibe..
denzel just popped in cause of stewarts feel of maturity

Etherspin
11-09-2004, 12:25 AM
i was having a blank when u mentioned Morris then it just clicked... good pick man.

The_Kay_Dee
11-09-2004, 09:32 PM
I know. Denzel would be good as maybe Cyborg......
Morris chestnutt has the look and the feel, plus he can do action.
(And he make the ladies SWOON!)
I really can't think of anyone else for the role. HELL NO NO WILL SMITH!!!!!!
I WOULD RATHER SEE JA RULE PLAY THE JUGGERNAUT AND RAY BENZINO AS MEPHISTO.
Dr. Strange the movie? Pierce brosnan anyone?
You know, I wondered this aloud before.....
What if, Mel Gibson had been signed on to play Wolverine?
He's already got the hair!!!

Etherspin
11-10-2004, 12:34 AM
yeah definately use jon stewart even if he has to take over for hal or something in the second.. theres alan, hal and guy preceding jon in the mythos

The_Kay_Dee
11-10-2004, 08:49 PM
What about the entitre corps.?
How wild would it be to see mzzxrtreowp? (Is that how you spell it?)
and the others. the story itself would require several sequels or just three VERY VERY well written and directed films. (Just the EARTH guardians.)
Hal Jordan was cool, but I only started reading Lantern when I saw that they ACTUALLY chose a black man as a hero. I have collected some cool ones.
Have you ever seen the "Superman vs. Muhammad Ali" Issue?
Ali whoops Supes *ss for a while but.... If your name is on the title YOU gotta WIN!

Etherspin
11-10-2004, 09:46 PM
thats a brilliant idea man.........
:rock:

I am a newly converted fan... im trying to find used comics round where i live with no luck as yet.. some used bookstores had stacks of worn comics at about 20cents each but now i can only find where they are repackaged and sold at full price.. ill keep looking im curious as to how hal jordan found out about alan scott and how they tied it all in..

as for the lantern corps idea.. they could really build on the differences in the capabilities and mindset of the ring bearers affecting the output of the ring and their abilities i.e. i know stewart is the most skilled at flying and agility.

so would u start the first movie with hal??? its a cool idea gradually introduce the others or have stewart and the others brought in when hal is incapacitated some how in the second movie??

byrdie
11-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by HieroHero@Nov 7 2004, 04:39 PM
:rock: I loved Hellboy, though it helps that I have a thing for Ron Perlman. I don't know if Blade counts, but it's based off a Darkhorse comic.

If they could get back to the original storylines and feel, I'd love to see films made of the original Milestone Comics lineup. The only survivor of the imprint is the poorly-reviewed "Static Shock" show. :sad:

Hero1
11-11-2004, 01:24 AM
guillermo del toro rocks :rock: :rock:

Etherspin
11-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by byrdie+Nov 11 2004, 05:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (byrdie @ Nov 11 2004, 05:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HieroHero@Nov 7 2004, 04:39 PM
:rock: I loved Hellboy, though it helps that I have a thing for Ron Perlman. I don't know if Blade counts, but it's based off a Darkhorse comic.

If they could get back to the original storylines and feel, I'd love to see films made of the original Milestone Comics lineup. The only survivor of the imprint is the poorly-reviewed "Static Shock" show. :sad: [/b][/quote]
havent seen hellboy yet, want to.. dont wanna see punisher.. isnt blade based on a marvel character?? :confused:

Foxy11
11-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Well I never really read the comics so I feel like my appreciation is more on a superficial level but the ones I've liked have been

The Superman movies (not the 4th one that much)
Flash Gorden (does that count?? I know I loved it when I was a kid)
both Blade movies
both Spiderman movies
the second XMEN movie
Hellboy
The first two Batman movies (1 more the 2)

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (although this was not based off comic book heroes, it was a nice collection of literary heros put into a superhero context)

The ones that let me down
The first XMen
Daredevil
The Hulk :banghead:

byrdie
11-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 10 2004, 11:51 PM
isnt blade based on a marvel character?? :confused:
Whups. You are indeed correct. For some reason, I had him remembered as a Dark Horse character ... probably because Marvel hadn't plastered their logo all over the original credits as they did with Spiderman.

byrdie
11-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Foxy11@Nov 11 2004, 06:48 AM
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (although this was not based off comic book heroes, it was a nice collection of literary heros put into a superhero context)
Well, it was based off comic book versions of literary heroes, as written by Alan Moore. At least the first volume of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has been published into graphic novel form and can be found at most comic book stores. It even has Victorian-style narration and ads!

It's also far, far better than the movie. Nemo's ship rocked, but the rest ... :toetap:

Chukwuka
11-11-2004, 12:43 PM
You guys are gonna have to excuse me but I must be the biggest Spawn fan here!! I must say the first spawn movie sucked Az!! The HBO Cartoon was the F-ing Bomb diggity!! I agree with the Morris Chestnut and Green Lantern League theory :rock: :rock: :rock:
I think you should kik or punch or whatever they call it to somebody, KD!! Now, other than Spawn, I am insulted by the Mel Gibson suggestion...!! No way, we shouldn't corrupt Wolverines image no more than it already has been with ole boy from X-Men... They should've picked someone more stocky... Logan is way more ripped andcut than that guy... shit!! :madrant:

The_Kay_Dee
11-11-2004, 09:06 PM
QUOTE=ETHERSPIN,Nov 10 2004, 07:46 PM] thats a brilliant idea man.........

I am a newly converted fan... im trying to find used comics round where i live with no luck as yet.. some used bookstores had stacks of worn comics at about 20cents each but now i can only find where they are repackaged and sold at full price.. ill keep looking im curious as to how hal jordan found out about alan scott and how they tied it all in..

as for the lantern corps idea.. they could really build on the differences in the capabilities and mindset of the ring bearers affecting the output of the ring and their abilities i.e. i know stewart is the most skilled at flying and agility.

so would u start the first movie with hal??? its a cool idea gradually introduce the others or have stewart and the others brought in when hal is incapacitated some how in the second movie?? [/QUOTE]

Spin,
Hal is too complex. Would you do Parallax or spectre?
When hal goes nuts and KILLS most of the Lanterns and guardians and we meet Kyle. Or start with Jon? Me I like the parallax series, spectre seems like a way to keep a character alive long enough to redeem him, and I WANT JON!
So I would do a REVERSE series. Start with Jon then go back in the second or third film to Abin Sur meeting Hal and tie it all in with some Parallax action scene or two then into some smash bang action adding help from a few of the well known lanterns with a lil love and tenderness for the ladies that went because thier man is a comic freak.

(Morris chestnutt in a torn shirt, with sweat and stuff would grab the ladies attention and hold it long enough for us to get away with making a REAL comic movie with action and a MORAL while bringing about some gettin' busy after the movie.) Hal Jordan (http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/hal.html)
Kyle Rayner (http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/kyle.html)

Etherspin
11-12-2004, 12:28 AM
your idea is very good and the chronology.. i wasnt thinking of necessarily even having kyle mentioned at this stage.. thus no parralax or spectre unless they got to like a green lantern 4 !!! hal would be main guy in GL1 , stewart in number 2 when hal is out of commision and by the time 3 or 4 arrives hal is insane and kyle does in fact have to kill him and at the end of the movie is visited by spectre!

theres massive holes in what ive read of the past green lantern stuff.. what was happening with stewart during the parallax time and when kyle fought hal?

Foxy11
11-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by byrdie+Nov 11 2004, 09:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (byrdie @ Nov 11 2004, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Foxy11@Nov 11 2004, 06:48 AM
Well, it was based off comic book versions of literary heroes, as written by Alan Moore. At least the first volume of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has been published into graphic novel form and can be found at most comic book stores. It even has Victorian-style narration and ads!

It's also far, far better than the movie. Nemo's ship rocked, but the rest ... :toetap: [/b][/quote]
Thanx Byrdie...like I said when it comes to comics :stupid:

Tybris
11-12-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm going to have to toss my hat into the ring. First off Chris is the ONE and ONLY Superman as far as I'm concerned. Distant second is Tom Welling as young Clark Kent in Smallville. In an even far distant third is Dean Cane. Any attempt to create another Superman movie will be about as big a blockbuster as Catwoman. With that said, Batman 1&2 are the only two that I will acknowledge that even exists, but I am looking forward to Year 1. Spiderman is pretty cool as far as superhero movies go. Cuz when you think about it, no otherone stacks up to these three (Superman,Batman,Spiderman). The Hulk was pretty lame. Daredevil, well it had Ben Affleck in it, it was doomed from day 1. Catwoman? um, she's not even a hero and I don't know where they got the idea that she has powers and the only draw to the movie is Holly in a badly made cat suit. Hellboy, well I don't know much about, it was entertaining at best. X-men, well it was entertaining and Hugh Jackman did ok as Wolverine, hats off to Patrick Stewart and Mcellar(sp) though. Fantastic Four, oh god when will they learn. Ok I like Jessica Alba as much as the next guy, but um..Sue Richards? Who's kidding who? The guy who plays Johnny storm looks older than she does and Sue's supposed to be the 'older' sister. The guy playing Dr. Richards, don't know the man from Adam but he just doesn't fit the role. The guy playing Ben however looks like he'd be good. Oh and um..Sue Richards is a blonde. Bad casting has killed many a movie, especially super hero movies but even more so is bad scripts and I can already see FF going down hard.

Etherspin
11-13-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Tybris@Nov 13 2004, 01:57 AM
I'm going to have to toss my hat into the ring. First off Chris is the ONE and ONLY Superman as far as I'm concerned. Distant second is Tom Welling as young Clark Kent in Smallville. In an even far distant third is Dean Cane. Any attempt to create another Superman movie will be about as big a blockbuster as Catwoman. With that said, Batman 1&2 are the only two that I will acknowledge that even exists, but I am looking forward to Year 1. Spiderman is pretty cool as far as superhero movies go. Cuz when you think about it, no otherone stacks up to these three (Superman,Batman,Spiderman). The Hulk was pretty lame. Daredevil, well it had Ben Affleck in it, it was doomed from day 1. Catwoman? um, she's not even a hero and I don't know where they got the idea that she has powers and the only draw to the movie is Holly in a badly made cat suit. Hellboy, well I don't know much about, it was entertaining at best. X-men, well it was entertaining and Hugh Jackman did ok as Wolverine, hats off to Patrick Stewart and Mcellar(sp) though. Fantastic Four, oh god when will they learn. Ok I like Jessica Alba as much as the next guy, but um..Sue Richards? Who's kidding who? The guy who plays Johnny storm looks older than she does and Sue's supposed to be the 'older' sister. The guy playing Dr. Richards, don't know the man from Adam but he just doesn't fit the role. The guy playing Ben however looks like he'd be good. Oh and um..Sue Richards is a blonde. Bad casting has killed many a movie, especially super hero movies but even more so is bad scripts and I can already see FF going down hard.
spot on bout fantastic four.. baaaad casting choices in my opinion...
about superman tho.... i have hopes... Brandon Routh looks like he could be whipped into shape and make for a good supes,hulk and daredevil were pretty much trainwrecks although some elements of em worked i thought..
Bale seems to be the best actor for batman out of any of em so far and by a mile..

speaking of green lantern previously.. taye diggs has also been suggested for the role tho i see stewart with a different face structure in the comics.. cant explain, longer face or something, more sensible/wise lookin.. dunno

as for other black superheroes, i found this ..

black superhero listing (http://www.blacksuperhero.com/exhibits.html)

i like the idea of bloodwynd as well.. i could see a cool movie with a dark occult feel to it and also exploring his roots, and i dont mean when martian manhunter impersonated him , i mean the original bloodwynd.. see the listing link above....

Etherspin
11-13-2004, 01:54 PM
The Earth is safe

Cozmo D
11-13-2004, 02:08 PM
JESUS! :bigshock:

Tybris
11-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Oh Damn, that's freakin funny. I honestly can't think of anyone to play the part of John Stewart as Green Lanter, but I guess you have to think about it in two different parts. Is it John with hair and no gotee or is it the bald John with the gotee? That I think would change who may and may not fit the role, but my guess is its ealier with hair and no gotee, in which case I'll have to say:

Denzel=BAD choice/good actor

Wesley=Decent but he's too thin and doesn't have that wisdom/sensible look Ether mentioned.

Cuba=DEAR GOD NO!

ANY Wayan's brother=JUST BURN THE SCRIPT NOW!

LL Cool J=Hmm, he's got the build but does he have the acting chops for a super hero role?, besides he's almost to much of a pretty boy.

I honestly can't think of anyone to play the part, it might be time to go after a few no name actors to pull this off. I mean Tom Welling isn't what I'd call a well known actor but I'll be damned if he wasn't a superb pick to play Clark. He looks like what you'd think even Chris Reeve looked like when he was younger, and to top it off he and Michael Rosenbaum (Flash from Justice League on Cartoon Network) are surprisingly good actors and fit the roles to a tee. So going to the reservers and getting away from the so called 'A' list might be the Green Lanterns only hope if they plan to do John. Hal on the other hand I think could be up for grabs, however if they even consider Ben, Leo, or Orlando, consider the movie trashed. Don't get me wrong I think of the three Orlando is a far better actor, but too much of a pretty boy to be Hal. Oh, Orlando Bloom for those not sure of who I ment. I'm a harsh movie critic when it comes to this stuff. I'd love to see a Batman Beyond movie, but I think to pull it off with big blockbuster results, you're going to have to get Michael Keaton to return as Bruce wayne, albeit an older one. Sorry Mike I know you want to shake the Batman gig but, just face it..you can't, you're IT. At least this way he can do the handing off of the torch thing, but then if Batman Year 1 does really well, maybe they'll use that guy instead.

Harmeister
11-13-2004, 09:14 PM
I know that John is a black, but Vin Diesel would be good.

Etherspin
11-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Harmeister@Nov 14 2004, 01:14 AM
I know that John is a black, but Vin Diesel would be good.

:cry: please im begging you anything , anything , not vin diesel....

if only Delroy Lindo was younger...

Chief
11-14-2004, 02:14 PM
harm.....sorry...vin would need to learn how to act first

Harmeister
11-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Johny Fever@Nov 14 2004, 01:14 PM
harm.....sorry...vin would need to learn how to act first
I'll agree with that. I was talking more about physique. That's the build I would imagine GL to have.

Chief
11-14-2004, 05:40 PM
so your fantasizing about the male build now Harm....might want to call your therapist..:) (unless you feel that its natural, which not that there is anythiing wrong with that)

zing..................sorry..had to be done

Hero1
11-14-2004, 07:31 PM
harm is the new syxx!

Harmeister
11-14-2004, 08:24 PM
uh. No.

I am firmly in the enjoying women category. anything else,

I only said that because I watched Pitch Black the other day on sci-fi and kind of thought he fit the bill, so to speak. Riddick (minus the evil part) reminds me of green lantern.

oh, and chief.... :tinker: :crossjerk: nao valeu a pena, viu?

:cool:

Etherspin
11-14-2004, 10:40 PM
yeah let him grow some hair,die it red and he can be guy gardner.. theres my blockbuster :happysad:

The_Kay_Dee
11-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Tybris@Nov 13 2004, 12:21 PM
Oh Damn, that's freakin funny. I honestly can't think of anyone to play the part of John Stewart as Green Lanter, but I guess you have to think about it in two different parts. Is it John with hair and no gotee or is it the bald John with the gotee? That I think would change who may and may not fit the role, but my guess is its ealier with hair and no gotee, in which case I'll have to say:

Denzel=BAD choice/good actor

Wesley=Decent but he's too thin and doesn't have that wisdom/sensible look Ether mentioned.

Cuba=DEAR GOD NO!

ANY Wayan's brother=JUST BURN THE SCRIPT NOW!

LL Cool J=Hmm, he's got the build but does he have the acting chops for a super hero role?, besides he's almost to much of a pretty boy.

I honestly can't think of anyone to play the part, it might be time to go after a few no name actors to pull this off. I mean Tom Welling isn't what I'd call a well known actor but I'll be damned if he wasn't a superb pick to play Clark. He looks like what you'd think even Chris Reeve looked like when he was younger, and to top it off he and Michael Rosenbaum (Flash from Justice League on Cartoon Network) are surprisingly good actors and fit the roles to a tee. So going to the reservers and getting away from the so called 'A' list might be the Green Lanterns only hope if they plan to do John. Hal on the other hand I think could be up for grabs, however if they even consider Ben, Leo, or Orlando, consider the movie trashed. Don't get me wrong I think of the three Orlando is a far better actor, but too much of a pretty boy to be Hal. Oh, Orlando Bloom for those not sure of who I ment. I'm a harsh movie critic when it comes to this stuff. I'd love to see a Batman Beyond movie, but I think to pull it off with big blockbuster results, you're going to have to get Michael Keaton to return as Bruce wayne, albeit an older one. Sorry Mike I know you want to shake the Batman gig but, just face it..you can't, you're IT. At least this way he can do the handing off of the torch thing, but then if Batman Year 1 does really well, maybe they'll use that guy instead.
Stop the madness! MORRIS CHESTNUTT IS JON STEWART. NO TAYE DIGGS! TAYE CAN PLAY "BLACK PANTHER" HE FITS THE "HOUSE" ROLE.
HELL NO ON FUCKIN VIN DIESEL!!!! MAYBE AS THE "JUGGERNAUT"
OR A CRAPPED BACKGROUND MR. WONDER BUT THERE NEVER NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER VIN DIESEL SUPERHERO UNTIL HE READS THEENTIRE SERIES OF WHO IS WHO AND WHY NOT HAVING CHARACTERS MADE FOR HIM. Stewart has NO equal in the loser Riddick. Vin diesel couldn't even find the ring..... Dyed red hair.... tee hee guy gardner... tee hee wait! :shock: :shock: give him the role of "the Red Tornado" He can do that......] MAYBE "WAR MACHINE" NEVER LANTERN....

AGAIN NOOOOOOOOO ON WESLEY SNIPES! HE CAN DO BLACK PANTHER ALSO. (i NEVER LIKED PANTHER. HE WAS NEVER REALLY PART OF THE TEAM, HE STAYED BEHIND TO CLEAN UP WHILE EVERYONE ELSE SAVED THE WORLD.)
i GOTTA GO, I AM BEING HAILED BY MY SUPERIORS (INSTRUCTORS)
i'LL HOLLA!!!

Etherspin
11-15-2004, 09:58 PM
morris grows on me daily for john stewart, as for Hal , i wish mel gibson was 10 years younger!

The_Kay_Dee
11-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 15 2004, 07:58 PM
morris grows on me daily for john stewart, as for Hal , i wish mel gibson was 10 years younger!
Word Melly mel would be Hal indeed. ( if he were a few inches taller)
Sorry, but I gotta do this one.
RUSSEL CROWE AS HAL JORDAN. Without the accent and the mole, He has the makings....
As for Jon with goatee or without. I still got Morris Chestnutt. He can do both. Look him up in his films. He can rock the goatee and the smooth shave AND the bald head!!!
Noone is gonna change my mind on this one. (I have been looking at this for A LOOOOOOOONG TIME!)
Djimon Hansou would be the REAL "Black Panther" complete with accent.) Christian Bale or as I call him the "Baleman" As Tony Starks
the Chick from the hulk as Red witch.....
Old avengers or new? Which team?
The hardest part to cast in the comic book world period????
THUNDERBIRD.
Who could do THAT?
Oh for the complete GL history here ya go Ether....
Green lantern light! (http://www.glcorps.org/glcorps.html)
Bat Lantern...... Look at the story line (otherworlds)...
I am out of time.
Holla back!

Etherspin
11-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by The_Kay_Dee+Nov 16 2004, 04:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The_Kay_Dee @ Nov 16 2004, 04:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ETHERSPIN@Nov 15 2004, 07:58 PM
RUSSEL CROWE AS HAL JORDAN. Without the accent and the mole, He has the makings....
As for Jon with goatee or without. I still got Morris Chestnutt. He can do both. Look him up in his films. He can rock the goatee and the smooth shave AND the bald head!!!
Noone is gonna change my mind on this one. (I have been looking at this for A LOOOOOOOONG TIME!)
Djimon Hansou would be the REAL "Black Panther" complete with accent.) Christian Bale or as I call him the "Baleman" As Tony Starks
THUNDERBIRD.
Who could do THAT?
I am out of time.
Holla back! [/b][/quote]
i could sense days ago that russell crowe was gonna crop up sooner or later :)
fear and dread lurked in my heart !! but on reflection.. some of his more recent roles have been convincing.. it was gladiator that put me off him 4 a while.. i thought he overacter/dramatized... master and commander and a few others were far better so yeah... he is a valid choice.. AND
Thanks for the link !! im reading it all now!

The_Kay_Dee
11-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN+Nov 16 2004, 05:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ETHERSPIN @ Nov 16 2004, 05:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by The_Kay_Dee@Nov 16 2004, 04:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ETHERSPIN@Nov 15 2004, 07:58 PM
THUNDERBIRD.
Who could do THAT?
I am out of time.
Holla back!
i could sense days ago that russell crowe was gonna crop up sooner or later :)
fear and dread lurked in my heart !! but on reflection.. some of his more recent roles have been convincing.. it was gladiator that put me off him 4 a while.. i thought he overacter/dramatized... master and commander and a few others were far better so yeah... he is a valid choice.. AND
Thanks for the link !! im reading it all now!

:rock: [/b][/quote]
Don't just read, write! SIGN THE DAMN PETITION!!!!
WE NEED MORE GL!!!! SIGN UP!!!!!
Oh I had the Russ feeling a few days ago too. I just had to ponder the whole idea. He has some good stuff and he is very moldable.
(Plus he has that thing the ladies like. so again the lil lady won't mind this trip to see "another freakin' comic movie..."
As long as she gets to see some pecs and a good fight scene or two. (involving half naked men) Two movies with two different sex symbol action hero guys and a GREAT PLOT something for both worlds.
Hmmmmm. Anyone in hollywood paying attention!!!!!!

Etherspin
11-17-2004, 01:05 AM
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041115m.php

theres an unsubstanciated report halfway down saying ben browder has up for the GL role.. whether its hal or kyle i dont know!

The_Kay_Dee
11-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 16 2004, 11:05 PM

theres an unsubstanciated report halfway down saying ben browder has up for the GL role.

Who the hell is ben browder?????

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
11-17-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by The_Kay_Dee+Nov 17 2004, 10:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The_Kay_Dee @ Nov 17 2004, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ETHERSPIN@Nov 16 2004, 11:05 PM

theres an unsubstanciated report halfway down saying ben browder has up for the GL role.

Who the hell is ben browder????? [/b][/quote]
Didn't you ever watch Farscape, man. He played the lead character John Crichton.

Etherspin
11-18-2004, 12:20 AM
try as i might i couldnt find the bat lantern bit ?? i found something on a superman site, the guardians prior 2 krypton exploding were monitoring Lara and Jor El because they knew of their achievements and bloodlines and wanted 2 make their son leader of the guardians and give him a power ring but while the lantern of the krypton sector was on his way 2 give information of the impending end of the planet and need for evacuation he was in an explosion and blinded and could not take the message any further, as Kal El ended up on earth they left him in his current role as he pretty much protects earth anyway! :)

Tybris
11-19-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry..Mel Gibson???? Maybe back in his Mad Max days he could pull off Hal, but not even if you gave him 10 years back now could he do it. Russel, um..how about NO..even better..HELL NO! He's too short, too smug and doesn't have the debonaire look that Hal needs. Mat Damon I think if he brushed up on the role and took it seriously he could pull off Kyle quite well. Hal is just a casting nightmare I think, but it's funny if the guy who played Green Hornet on the tv show was around and looked the way he did back then he would be perfect for it.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1295/Mptv...Williams,%20Van (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1295/Mptv/1295/9783_0012.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Williams,%20Van)

I can only say that only time will tell when it comes to the plethera of upcoming superhero movies. Many will not make it to the box office, others will enjoy that fabulous 2 month stay, which only a select few, maybe 1 or 2 if we're all lucky will make something of themselves. Casting aside, which is hard to do, one of the major downfalls of these movies still remains BAD, VERY BAD scripts. I'm mean come on..you guys remember the line when Storm said "You know what happens to a toad when it's hit by lightning...same thing that happens to everything else." OH GOD..what was that? The one chance in the movie for Holly to shine and it gets fizzled by a bad line. So we will all have to wait and see what happens.

The_Kay_Dee
11-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Tybris@Nov 19 2004, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry..Mel Gibson???? Maybe back in his Mad Max days he could pull off Hal, but not even if you gave him 10 years back now could he do it. Russel, um..how about NO..even better..HELL NO! He's too short, too smug and doesn't have the debonaire look that Hal needs. Mat Damon I think if he brushed up on the role and took it seriously he could pull off Kyle quite well. Hal is just a casting nightmare I think, but it's funny if the guy who played Green Hornet on the tv show was around and looked the way he did back then he would be perfect for it.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1295/Mptv...Williams,%20Van (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1295/Mptv/1295/9783_0012.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Williams,%20Van)

I can only say that only time will tell when it comes to the plethera of upcoming superhero movies. Many will not make it to the box office, others will enjoy that fabulous 2 month stay, which only a select few, maybe 1 or 2 if we're all lucky will make something of themselves. Casting aside, which is hard to do, one of the major downfalls of these movies still remains BAD, VERY BAD scripts. I'm mean come on..you guys remember the line when Storm said "You know what happens to a toad when it's hit by lightning...same thing that happens to everything else." OH GOD..what was that? The one chance in the movie for Holly to shine and it gets fizzled by a bad line. So we will all have to wait and see what happens.
MAT DAMON! BRILLIANT! ( not) If he had ACTING SKILL yeah.
he would make a good Kyle. Crowe may be too short, but how many actors ARE short and noone EVER notices? (HOLLYWOOD MAGIC!!!)
The gibby (mel gibson) is short. Crowe has the skill he would just have to take the time to actually calm down and NOT play the angry man( for once). Hal IS a casting nightmare, but still NOT impossible.
KINGPIN WAS AN EQUALLY AWESOME TASK.
NOONE HAS EVEN TRIED TO TACKLE THE / OF THUNDERBIRD.
Hal is just a little difficult. Take what youv'e got and MAKE it work.....
I mean hell look at travolta in the punisher.
I would have NEVER picked whats his fuck for spider-man, but he was decent.
Somebody took a chance on Christopher Reeves.....
HOT DIGGITY DAMN! Van would fit perfect..... too bad hes like 400 now.... :dancingsad:

The_Kay_Dee
11-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 17 2004, 10:20 PM
try as i might i couldnt find the bat lantern bit ?? i found something on a superman site, the guardians prior 2 krypton exploding were monitoring Lara and Jor El because they knew of their achievements and bloodlines and wanted 2 make their son leader of the guardians and give him a power ring but while the lantern of the krypton sector was on his way 2 give information of the impending end of the planet and need for evacuation he was in an explosion and blinded and could not take the message any further, as Kal El ended up on earth they left him in his current role as he pretty much protects earth anyway! :)
It was in otherworlds. Bruce wayne became the green lantern. I never got to read it personally, but my best friend/ cousin has a copy.
(he will NOT even take it out of hiding.) he readi it ONCE! and put it away. :sad:
it's in the link a few posts back. I can't find anything concrete either, but I know it exists.....

Sorry, I don't watch farscape :shock: I saw the dude though, and even though the details are kinda sketchy....
BRILLIANT! Sign him up!
Ben browder and Morris Chestnutt so far......
(MIDGETS TO PLAY THE GUARDIANS?) :lolbonk:

Etherspin
11-20-2004, 03:30 AM
blue ooompa loompas???

The_Kay_Dee
11-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 20 2004, 01:30 AM
blue ooompa loompas???
:bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: Hee heee hee heeh heheheh hehehahahahrharhharhrhrhfhah4hfrhfhrhahrdh hfooHrehjrfo heowehf o;ahf hto[iFHIHGHUO HUIWgruipvh ewGTRPO HTUwehtr[ovi HTEUWhto[ HTEWOIht HAAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH urk!
*Loud thud*

Chukwuka
11-23-2004, 12:57 PM
And I thought I was a comic book nerd.... guess not!! :bigthumb:

Etherspin
11-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Chukwuka@Nov 23 2004, 04:57 PM
im pretty sure you will dig this picture!!

if anyone ever says 2 me again, which superhero would you be.. theres the answer!!

fd
11-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Do transformers count? :shucks:

I hope they make a good job of that movie.

Etherspin
11-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by fd@Nov 27 2004, 12:41 PM

it sounds promising, what form is it in?? live actors and CG robots??

Cozmo D
11-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey.

Since so many of us seem to be comic book nuts (I used to be a HUGE one though I HATED DC STUFF) and since I'm scaling back my workload somewhat I'm thinking of doing a 3d series right here in the forum. It'll be action rather than comedy, with plenty of graphic violence and sex (OF COURSE), but I've already figured out ways to work us all into the story. If you don't mind me sharing your title and space in your forum Tim, I plan to call it ASTRAL PLANE 2500. :)

If there are no objections, I should have the first installment up before Christmas.

Hero1
11-27-2004, 09:45 PM
ha! sounds awesome coz.. go right ahead :bigthumb:

Etherspin
11-28-2004, 08:31 AM
go 4 it Coz !

:woohoo:

Cozmo D
11-29-2004, 12:47 AM
COOL! :)

Cozmo D
11-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Cozymandias@Nov 27 2004, 06:41 PM
Hey.

Since so many of us seem to be comic book nuts (I used to be a HUGE one though I HATED DC STUFF) and since I'm scaling back my workload somewhat I'm thinking of doing a 3d series right here in the forum. It'll be action rather than comedy, with plenty of graphic violence and sex (OF COURSE), but I've already figured out ways to work us all into the story. If you don't mind me sharing your title and space in your forum Tim, I plan to call it ASTRAL PLANE 2500. :)

If there are no objections, I should have the first installment up before Christmas.
BTW, if anybody wants their ACTUAL faces used you need to send me a couple of headshot pix. One full face and one profile. :)

Etherspin
11-30-2004, 12:06 AM
i hope it looks as professional as my Cozmo D of the Green Lantern Corps ...

:roll:

The_Kay_Dee
12-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Damn it coz, I don't have any pix!!!
(Maybe you could just use ERIC B.!!!!)

Cozmo D
12-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by The_Kay_Dee@Dec 1 2004, 08:52 PM
Don't think I won't! :roll:

The_Kay_Dee
12-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN+Nov 26 2004, 05:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ETHERSPIN @ Nov 26 2004, 05:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chukwuka@Nov 23 2004, 04:57 PM
im pretty sure you will dig this picture!!

if anyone ever says 2 me again, which superhero would you be.. theres the answer!! [/b][/quote]
Hot damn 2 of my favorite heroes wrapped up into 1 indestructible
super duper package (I wonder if the power ring works on the "Jimmy"....)

Etherspin
12-01-2004, 10:01 PM
he is still screwed if yellow kryptonite exists!!

erm.. ill get profile and front pics 2 you shortly coz

The_Kay_Dee
12-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Yellow Kryptinite!?????
Holy Hot sausage batman!

Etherspin
12-04-2004, 07:05 AM
i just discovered bittorrent and the comic book file format.. this in combination to just getting DSL.. i should be back on the forum around 2022 after ive read my 6 gig of comics.... BYe !! :roll:

Hero1
12-04-2004, 07:42 AM
now u got bittorrent download the wire from http://m1.btefnet.net/

fd
12-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN+Nov 27 2004, 02:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ETHERSPIN @ Nov 27 2004, 02:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fd@Nov 27 2004, 12:41 PM

it sounds promising, what form is it in?? live actors and CG robots?? [/b][/quote]
yup!

Etherspin
12-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by HieroHero@Dec 4 2004, 11:42 AM
now u got bittorrent download the wire from http://m1.btefnet.net/
INDEED .. just 1gb more of comics then wire it is...

coincedentally.. HIERO YOU BASTARD .. you should have warned me before i returned.. never to watch Crash Palace... and never to miss the secret life of us

Etherspin
12-05-2004, 05:40 AM
another possible candidate for john stewart....

perhaps if morris wouldnt do it !

Cozmo D
12-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Can't get in on that damm bit torrent site! :banghead:

BigRed82
12-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Coz, try these bittorrent sites:

1. http://www.torrentspy.com
2. http://www.suprnova.org

The_Kay_Dee
12-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Dec 5 2004, 03:40 AM
another possible candidate for john stewart....

perhaps if morris wouldnt do it !
ETHER, YOU BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT MAN!
The farscape guy is a good pick too.

The_Kay_Dee
12-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Cozymandias+Dec 1 2004, 07:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cozymandias @ Dec 1 2004, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The_Kay_Dee@Dec 1 2004, 08:52 PM
Don't think I won't! :roll: [/b][/quote]
:thebird:

Hero1
12-07-2004, 02:02 AM
other torrent sites i use

http://www.tvtorrents.net/

http://torrent.youceff.com/index2.php

Etherspin
12-08-2004, 10:27 AM
i use the original bit torrent program .. but ill bet someone here knows of a better alternative?? im guessing by now you can schedule /cue torrents up to go or to take over if others time out??

Etherspin
12-08-2004, 11:12 PM
any marvel fans or people who like the idea of DCs heroes but not the way they are done , look for the "Just imagine" stan lee series , its a set of about 10 comics about wonderwoman batman superman etc but done from a far different perspective.. new origins by stan lee of marvel comics fame.. available on some torrent sites

the page to get em at... (http://www.bi-torrent.com/142.htm)

Etherspin
01-13-2005, 10:55 AM
kay dee... i found a scan of the batman becomes green lantern thing! if you would like it let me know

The_Kay_Dee
01-13-2005, 11:51 PM
kay dee... i found a scan of the batman becomes green lantern thing! if you would like it let me know
UMMMM..... YES!!!!!

Etherspin
01-14-2005, 07:53 AM
the comic reader program is here http://cdisplay.techknight.com/setup.zip

i will upload the comic 2 my webspace then post the link .. ;)

Etherspin
01-14-2005, 11:05 AM
BATLANTERN (http://ether.pixelstash.net/brucewayneGL.cbr)