PDA

View Full Version : tips for interview??

Etherspin
11-03-2004, 12:14 AM
im going for a job interview tomorrow, the interview is with Endeavour, an organisation that helps people who have any of the many forms of learning difficulties, downs syndrome , autism etc ...

anyone got kickass interview techniques ??

Foxy11
11-03-2004, 11:28 PM
What I've done in more than one interview and noticed that it impresses people, is to make sure you have researched the company thoroughly and come up with a list of questions to ask your interviewer about the company. Don't be afraid to ask tough questions either. Here are a couple of generic questions that will work in most situations.

What would you say is the most challenging part about the position?

What do the other employees like most about working for this organization?

What (if any) common problems have arisen here and how do you handle them?

Is this a new position or am I replacing someone who left? Depending on the answer >>Why was this position created? or Why did that person leave?

Anyways hope it helps. Best of blessings.

Tonya

Etherspin
11-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Thankyou for the input, i did ask few questions about the specifics of the position and this prompted the interviewers to ask me about my previous job and they pretty much said it was perfect experience for the position so im feeling good and waiting for their call in a few days, fingers crossed

Louis85
11-04-2004, 11:01 AM
That was excellent advice Foxy! Damn, beautiful and smart!

Good luck Tim! I hope you get the job!

It has been my experience (and I hope this doesn't apply to you), that the interviews that I thought I did GREAT on, I NEVER got the job. And all the interviews that I thought I SUCKED on, I got the job. Funny how that's held true for EVERY one of them.

:peace: crossing my fingers for ya!

Louis

Chief
11-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Honesty goes along way in an interview IMO......for example, when I interview somebody, I ask.."Whats would you say your worst downfall is?" If somebody says nothing, I toss their application to the side. Obviously they are not an honest person. Big points in my book if they come out and state a flaw. It dont have to be big, but nobody is perfect.

Louis85
11-05-2004, 10:16 AM
And if they say "I'm a cleptomaniac. I've been known to steal from the cash register every now and again." ? :kekeke:

Chief
11-05-2004, 10:20 AM
roflmao...."YOU'RE HIRED!"

Foxy11
11-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Louis85@Nov 4 2004, 10:01 AM
That was excellent advice Foxy! Damn, beautiful and smart!

:kekeke: :kekeke: *blush*

It is definitely a good idea to answer that "What's your worst quality?" question, and to not take a long time thinking about it either. A good tip is to give a negative quality about yourself that would not necessarily affect your job performance. For instance:

I'm too hard on myself when I don't pick up on something right away.

Sometimes I expect more from other people than I should, instead of realizing everyone makes mistakes.

I can sometimes get obsessed with a task and neglect other things until I get it completed.

Cozmo D
11-05-2004, 10:53 AM
I don't always remember to say "excuse me" after I break wind. :P

Chief
11-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Bingo Foxy...well put

Chukwuka
11-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Nov 5 2004, 09:53 AM
I don't always remember to say "excuse me" after I break wind. :P
Venus,

I believe that goes into the confess sumth'n thread!!! :roll: :rofl: :lolbonk:

Etherspin
11-05-2004, 08:52 PM
GOT IT !!!

:bigthumb:

:)

the interview was pretty cool , I had to pause on a couple of their questions but cause they were being too ambiguous so I asked them for context then they seemed impressed with the answers, except for one!!!
the job is working with people with learning difficulties and ive done the work before so they said what experience do you have with managing clients finances, i said not a great deal, then detailed that i had managed clothing allowances and allowances for outings , thinking they meant stuff like bills and tax documents.. well the interviewers were a man and a woman and the woman said "oh no no no , thats what i do and im a level six, thats a big deal" heheheeh....

thats cool tho , cause the pay level im starting on is satisfactory but id imagine it will be pretty good if i can get to a higher level :beer:

Cozmo D
11-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 5 2004, 07:52 PM
GOT IT !!!

:bigthumb:

:)

the interview was pretty cool , I had to pause on a couple of their questions but cause they were being too ambiguous so I asked them for context then they seemed impressed with the answers, except for one!!!
the job is working with people with learning difficulties and ive done the work before so they said what experience do you have with managing clients finances, i said not a great deal, then detailed that i had managed clothing allowances and allowances for outings , thinking they meant stuff like bills and tax documents.. well the interviewers were a man and a woman and the woman said "oh no no no , thats what i do and im a level six, thats a big deal" heheheeh....

thats cool tho , cause the pay level im starting on is satisfactory but id imagine it will be pretty good if i can get to a higher level :beer:
CONGRATULATIONS TIM!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Chief
11-06-2004, 04:17 PM
sweet.....now.....can you loan me some money..:)

Foxy11
11-06-2004, 06:44 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! :bigthumb:

Etherspin
11-06-2004, 08:54 PM
:shucks:

Louis85
11-08-2004, 11:13 AM
WEIGH TA GHO MAN!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Etherspin
11-08-2004, 01:13 PM
thanks for the good wishes everyone ,
IN a Big subject change .....

there was an idea /invention thread on here but i cant find it .. the job interview reminded me of an old idea.. i was wearing a nice formal shirt but it was a warm day, and besides it being warm i was probably sweatin from nervousness anyway but wouldnt it be cool in board meetings and interviews + other social events where the eyes may be on you if you didnt have visible sweat marks..

so id like a small strip of towel type material that sits on the arm pit, held in place by two elasticated straps that go round the shoulder.. this should be invisible under the shirt but leaves you looking cool and collected and thus a little more confident.. would this work??