PDA

View Full Version : Rumi

Chukwuka
10-27-2004, 09:59 AM
What got you interested in the Tuareg? Do you moderate that group?

Rumi_Philosophie
10-27-2004, 10:57 AM
To make a long story short,I saw pictures of them in books and was fascinated that there were light skinned Africans who were not Arab. I then began to study the Berbers of which the Tuareg are a part of. At this point in time I do not share the theory that the Taureg are white. They are black. The name Tuareg comes from arabic and it means "God's forgotten". Their names for themselves is Kel Imazighen which means the free people. I find it sad that they allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the French in thinking that they are white. This has caused a major problems between them and the major black groups such as the bambara in Mali. In 1992 there was a rebellion of the Tuareg against the Malian Army. The Tuareg wanted to form their own nation,seperate from Mali,Niger,and Algeria. Of course the Mali and Niger said no. The Taureg did not get their nation,and are now in the process of settling down so that their children can go to school. The Tuareg are nomadic and since colonization,this lifestyle has had to change drastically. But in general,the Saharan parts of Africa are majorly underdeveloped more sao than the settled south,where there are commercial cities like you find everywhere such as Bamako,the capital of Mali.

Rumi_Philosophie
10-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Yes,I do moderate the group. my screen name there is Buddhishuddi which means "pure wisdom" in Sanskrit.

Chukwuka
10-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Great stuff....

Chief
11-05-2004, 06:19 PM
can i join?