PDA

View Full Version : So someone wants to get into PM Dawn

sdldawn
10-21-2004, 03:50 PM
hmm.. Dearest of Jesus for me..

Jesus Wept is deep in my opinion, so im not sure if I would throw that one them first...

perhaps a greatest hits to sink in the hooks?

Rumi_Philosophie
10-21-2004, 03:58 PM
The Bliss Album,for sure. :bowdown:

Louis85
10-21-2004, 04:48 PM
I feel in love with the Bliss Album first. That's a good one to reel them in with, because at the end of it there's a popular song they've heard before (Die Without You).

Chukwuka
10-21-2004, 04:54 PM
The Bliss Album... :bigthumb: Jesus Wept may scare them away... :kekeke:

Boogie
10-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Maybe you should start them at the beggining so they can understand the progresion and growth of PM Dawn. But make them wait everytime you drop a new album on them so they will be "HUNGRY" for the next one like we all were... just my 2 cents :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Boogie
10-21-2004, 06:11 PM
P.S. I am so happy that was my 50th thats all....

syxxpm
10-22-2004, 12:10 AM
:bigthumb: i would say start with the best of for the purpose that those are the songs they might know first......

if they likey give utopian. cuz its the most well known and first......

and then just go sequential like the previous post says....

"eventually i hunted for bside and soundtrack cuts i liked the albums so much :bigthumb:

Etherspin
10-22-2004, 12:59 AM
agreed syxx.. start with best of .. dont drop them straight in it.. failing that.. the bliss album perhaps..

DJ Detroit Butcher
10-23-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm against "best of"s as a rule. They never really show an accurate "portrait" of most artists.

I'd just start with Utopian Experience, and go on from the chronologically.

Dark Sun
10-23-2004, 09:55 PM
I dunno- the way music is today, I don't know what I would start with. Of the Cross . . . I think is a little too outdated to just pop on someone. The Bliss Album might be the same way. Jesus Wept is a good choice, but I think I would actually start with Dearest Christian because of the great acoustic sound. Then work backwards maybe . . . .

just a thought.

Brian221
10-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Personally I normally make my own version of a "Best of"....must include...

When Its Raining Cats & Dogs
In the Presense of Mirrors
Even After I Die
When Midnight Sighs
I'll Be Waiting for You
Misery In Utero

...and then the "hits."

This almost always works and they go out and buy the cds.

PsychoMan
10-25-2004, 05:01 PM
When I met my girlfriend last year I did exactly what Boogie suggested. I lent her the first album, and after she listened to it a bunch of times I lent the second, then the third, etc. At the moment she has my copy of F'd Music (which reminds me... I need to get that precious, precious disc back from her at some point). The whole process took about 10 months.

Anyway, she didn't really turn out to be a huge fan, but she does like the music. She likes the older stuff better... she's into the rap more than the singing. Personally, I think each album is better than the last.

Of course, I thought "Dearest Christian" was the worst album for two full years before I had an epiphany one day and realized that it was a work of genius... so sometimes things can take a while to set in.