PDA

View Full Version : What path are you on?

byrdie
09-05-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm rather curious about where people on the forum are in their lives. What is it you see your idealized self doing that brings fulfillment, and where you are on your path towards that dream?

Right now, I'm prepping myself to find a teacher and apprentice for spiritual studies. My eye is currently on Lusiah Teish (she'd be ideal for a number of practical reasons, but it's mainly because her book -- Jambalaya (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0062508598) -- was so crucial to getting me started on my path). Between getting myself financially sound enough to make the move, to live somewhere other than my hometown, and basically return to school of a sort --I graduated from college over 10 years ago, this will take a while. Also, I'm working to get to a headspace where what I want, and what other people want for me, are clearly divisible. I've spent too much of my life wasting time with sacrificing to keep other people comfortable about their own life decisions and attitudes. "It's been swell," to quote Tank Girl, "but the swelling's gone down."

How about you?

LumtheMad
09-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Somewhere in between hopelessly lost and frantically happy. Each day at the job makes me wonder why and is this what life is really all about? Then with each moment i spend with my lady all that sorta mess slips a bit away.

So in a nutshell, i have little idea where i am because they didn't tell me where i was going. My goal in life is to be happy and in most cases i am accomplishing just that. Life has a funny way of making you wander down different unsuspecting paths.

The_Kay_Dee
09-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Confused, Slightly disillusioned and well.... In NEED!

Rumi_Philosophie
09-09-2004, 12:42 PM
I am on a spiritual and emotional one. I am searching for a real,deep and true love and to expand on my spirituality.

Chief
09-09-2004, 02:03 PM
me...just looking to keep my head above water.....

Chukwuka
09-09-2004, 03:33 PM
I've reached some type of overall...existance plateau.
Meaning I'm really not giving a shit about anything! I was try'n to find myself spiritually and everytime I try, Myself tells me I'm on the wrong path... So I'm back where I started at! I'm just breathing working sleeping eating, ya know the usual crap!!! I escape every chance I get...

I find myself dealing with people who are just as selfish as can humanly be... I leave them alone then I'm all alone!! I hate being alone!!! I've been alone most my life!! It get's tiring!! But then when I go around people and be the kind generous person I am, I am used and abused!!! But I still be me and hope that one day I can be around people who are like me!! Instead of people who represent the worst of me!!

i AM grEAT, REEaLlLlyyyY

Harmeister
09-09-2004, 03:57 PM
purple. Definately purple. with little pink flowers.

oh, and kittens. yup, kittens too. white and orange ones.

DJ Detroit Butcher
09-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Harmeister@Sep 9 2004, 02:57 PM
purple. Definately purple. with little pink flowers.

oh, and kittens. yup, kittens too. white and orange ones.
<leaves own path, and joins harm on his>

filmwizdaddy
09-10-2004, 09:53 PM
I am always on the path of righteousness with Jesus. I struggle from day to day sometimes with lonliness much like many people in the world. But that is what makes us human.......I read in a book recently about doubt and how it is ok to have doubt and lack of comfort in our lives. It is definitely necessary to have faith in God but it is also ok to be who we are as people. We are not robots and it is our free will that allows us to be closer to him. We will never have the questions to all life, at least not until we reach heaven. However, it is our faith as people that get us to where we need to be spiritually. :)

Rumi_Philosophie
09-23-2004, 11:35 AM
This thread should really be in TOPICS. :happysad:

The_Kay_Dee
09-23-2004, 09:19 PM
To be totally honest. I am on the road to recovery.
I have had some trying times and I lost faith. I gave up when things weren't all that bad. I let the little problems get me to the point where I only wanted to Drink, Sleep and "burn down" the house ;) . I missed a few days of school
doing stupid sh*t. :stupid:
I was shown that things could be TREMENDOUSLY worse for me.
A freind of mine went to jail for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. A kid got kidnapped from the school my son attended until this year. ( across the street from where we lived last year.)
Two guys I went to school with that were pretty darn cool back then have died. One other was in a rollover accident back in Denver,
and lost his arm at the mid point, and has road rash all over his face.
I never stoppped to think that the things that were bothering me that I was looking at as major hinderances were not serious at all.
I was looking for someone to solve my problems for me
instead of trying to do it myself. (With the help from the man above.)
I even came here looking for sympathy or for someone to say some magic words that would help me make the problems go away. :dunno:
That isn't going to happen......
Now I am just taking things one day at a time. 1 problem at a time.
:slap: :grouphug: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Etherspin
09-23-2004, 09:27 PM
im on a reset , i lived and learnt in england for 2.5 years , now im back home in oz with a newfound view and perspective on things ... its quite good !

Rumi_Philosophie
09-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Kay Dee,and everyone

Life is not so serious.There is no wrong,right,evil or good; life is just a big lesson made up of many minor ones to help you grow and learn. It is a waste of time to dwell in misery and sadness. But ponder it and learn the message that it is trying to convey. When you watch from afar other people's lives,learn from them too but do not pity them or yourself. Give praise to all your virtues and vices,smile and be postive always and anything or anyone who tries to bring negativity to you or bring you down,tell em to blow it out their ass! and keep on rocking :cool:

Cozmo D
09-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie@Sep 24 2004, 08:35 AM
Kay Dee,and everyone

Life is not so serious.There is no wrong,right,evil or good; life is just a big lesson made up of many minor ones to help you grow and learn. It is a waste of time to dwell in misery and sadness. But ponder it and learn the message that it is trying to convey. When you watch from afar other people's lives,learn from them too but do not pity them or yourself. Give praise to all your virtues and vices,smile and be postive always and anything or anyone who tries to bring negativity to you or bring you down,tell em to blow it out their ass! and keep on rocking :cool:
Rumi, you're growing up quite nicely. :bigthumb:

Chief
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
wow rumi...very nice.... i would have to concur with Coz...

jujitsu
09-25-2004, 10:14 PM
hey,nice to see real topics for once.maybe i'm in the right place.the depth of p.m.dawns lyrics brought me here by the way!well,for me the path is understanding why we are here.we're here to learn and grow,make mistakes,feel emotions and be guided by a silent voice that most refuse to listen to. as we grow we have chances to help others with gentle nudges towards truth and love .all we have is choice and wherever you are it is choice that put you there.i know it is easy to get caught up in the sadness of what is happening everywhere but every soul has to experience in order to progress.understand this and instead of judging try to remember that everyone you meet has a story to tell and a lesson to teach you,just listen.sometimes the path is easy and other times hard,be strong and control your mind,don't let it control you!distractions are everywhere so when in need of inspiration try reading;illusions,autobiography of a yogi,johnathon livingston seagull,alchemist,way of the peaceful warrior.for films;faraway......so close,donnie darko,passion of the christ,they live,existenz,matrix and also a bruce lee/james coburn written film called"the silent flute"starring david carradine,(fight scenes are terrible but message is true).anyway ,you're probably sleeping now as most people do their whole lives.be grateful that you are different and keep asking questions.when the skies open up all we have are the choices we've made and the people we've touched........................................... .................................................. ................any fool can waste money,it takes a special type of fool to waste time! :peace:

Rumi_Philosophie
09-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Ha,thank you :cheers: Coz and Chief.

Hey Jujitsu,are you some relation to a guy named Tinker? Just curious :confused:

byrdie
09-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie@Sep 23 2004, 07:35 AM
This thread should really be in TOPICS.
I actually debated on where to put this one, but figured that the answers might be so varied (from, for instance, "recovery" to "purple") that putting it in On-Topic might restrict the amount of responses. In hindsight, yeah, On-Topic might have been a better venue. :confused:

jujitsu
09-27-2004, 05:22 PM
hey rumi,no,no relation to tinker.who is he? :confused:

byrdie
09-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by jujitsu@Sep 25 2004, 06:14 PM
distractions are everywhere so when in need of inspiration try ...
Welcome to the board, Jujitzu! Hopefully, you'll stick around and start interesting threads here!

The best literary wake-up call I've found is a comic called The Invisibles by Grant Morrison (http://www.grant-morrison.com/). I'm not sure why it's so effective, but it's probably the only piece I regularly re-read that doesn't comfort me so much as it causes me to look into the sky and wonder. As far as films go, I tend to recommend Ghost Dog (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165798/) and Amélie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/) ... possibly in that order.

eternals layre
10-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Spiritually
After taking over being song leader at my church. I dove deeper into Gregorian chant and have discovered or rediscovered the beauty and simplicity in tone. And how the 4/4 beat effects the human condition. As my Latin improves I learn words should have a exact meaning. These have opened my spirit to new heights. As my new son listens to me practice I can see the calmness chant puts on him. As to the confusion some modern music makes him.

Rumi_Philosophie
10-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Yeah,Eternal, music has a divine power. I myself am discovering the blues and its connection with Mali. I am enjoying the discovery. You know the blues man was a sage and griot.I respect that very much. :cool:

eternals layre
10-07-2004, 11:20 AM
yea blues is the backbone of all modern music. I read quite abit about some of the fathers of modern blues. quite a read exp about some really selling their souls. the hbo doc on the blue note was quite amazing if you haven't seen it

bobble
10-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie@Sep 24 2004, 09:35 AM
. . . and anything or anyone who tries to bring negativity to you or bring you down,tell em to blow it out their ass! and keep on rocking :cool:
Last time I blew negativity out my ass I had hemorrhoids for 3 months.

Cozmo D
10-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by bobble+Oct 11 2004, 12:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobble @ Oct 11 2004, 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rumi_Philosophie@Sep 24 2004, 09:35 AM
. . . and anything or anyone who tries to bring negativity to you or bring you down,tell em to blow it out their ass! and keep on rocking :cool:
Last time I blew negativity out my ass I had hemorrhoids for 3 months. [/b][/quote]
OH SHIT! BOBBLE'S BACK!!!

Hey Bobble, where ya been baby?! :wavey:

ChrisLDog
10-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap+Oct 11 2004, 09:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Venus Flytrap @ Oct 11 2004, 09:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bobble@Oct 11 2004, 12:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Rumi_Philosophie@Sep 24 2004, 09:35 AM
. . . and anything or anyone who tries to bring negativity to you or bring you down,tell em to blow it out their ass! and keep on rocking :cool:*
Last time I blew negativity out my ass I had hemorrhoids for 3 months.

Hey Bobble, where ya been baby?! :wavey: [/b][/quote]
I had the exact same reation. :stupid:

Rumi_Philosophie
10-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Who the hell is Bobbles? :confused:

bobble
10-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Oct 11 2004, 01:33 PM

Hey Bobble, where ya been baby?! :wavey:
Damn!! I didn't think anyone would even remember me. I'm alright, just struggling through a naaaasty time at school. But the worst of the storm for the next 5-6 months is over. So . . .yay. Anyways, I just decided to drop by and catch up. Hopefully I'll be around to chat a bit more. I miss this place.

First things first though, I gotta get a new avatar.