PDA

View Full Version : Harm's August Shindig

Harmeister
08-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Everyone is invited to my backyard on Saturday August 28th for a BBQ. Beef (hamburgers, sirloin, hotdogs (yes, beef only), etc.), Chicken (satay, teryiaki, plain old bbq, etc.), Salad (potato, noodle, green, etc.), probably other stuff too. As well as some volleyball, kids games, a water gun fight or three.

This will be coupled with my daughters sixth birthday, so it's very family oriented and there will be a bunch of kids running around, so if you don't like kids this might not be the thing for you. However, if you like good food then this is the day for you.

I live in Billerica, MA (about 40 minutes NW of Boston).

:blahblah: :blahblah: Because there will be lots of younger children there (and I don't condone it anyways), there's not going to be any alcohol. Go ahead and go somewhere else for it, be my guest, but none at my house please. :bigthumb:

It's gonna be fun, and the food will be great. I'm hungry already :yum: :yum:

Cozmo D
08-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Cool! :bigthumb:

Cozmo D
08-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Well, Santa decided to be a pal and show up in August this year, and it seems that I've been a very good boy...so sorry to say Harm but we won't be makin the trek, as we'll be heading out for the family vacation that weekend. :)

I'll be there in spirit though...well, I'll be on the plane drinking spirits, but it's almost the same thing. :bigthumb: :woohoo: :rofl:

Hope you guys have a blast! :)

Harmeister
08-18-2004, 08:22 AM
You'll be missed, my friend.

And I guarantee that my food is better than the plane food :)

You have fun, though. Where are you taking everyone?

Cozmo D
08-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Harmeister@Aug 18 2004, 07:22 AM
You'll be missed, my friend.

And I guarantee that my food is better than the plane food :)

You have fun, though. Where are you taking everyone?
Thanx! Yeah, I'll be thinking of you guys when they hand out the packs of peanuts! :bowlaugh:

Don't know yet, gonna figure it out and book the tickets today. :)

Cozmo D
08-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Florida baby! For 13 days!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Chukwuka
08-19-2004, 09:08 AM
If only you guys lived somewhere closer!! I would've had a blast this summer!!! Ohh well, maybe I'll get to meet you guys next summer!! Then I'll overstay my welcome!!!

Hope everything goes smoothly Harmeister, let the kids win at least one round of water gun O.K. Corral!!!
Have fun in Florida, COZ!!! Wouldn't you like to go to Cambodia instead? :rofl: :wavey: :cheers:

I'll be pray'n fo ya'll!!!

Cozmo D
08-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Chukwuka@Aug 19 2004, 08:08 AM
If only you guys lived somewhere closer!! I would've had a blast this summer!!! Ohh well, maybe I'll get to meet you guys next summer!! Then I'll overstay my welcome!!!

Hope everything goes smoothly Harmeister, let the kids win at least one round of water gun O.K. Corral!!!
Have fun in Florida, COZ!!! Wouldn't you like to go to Cambodia instead? :rofl: :wavey: :cheers:

I'll be pray'n fo ya'll!!!
Yeah, I know. I'm feelin a lil guilty about it, but I got 1 hell of a deal. I'm such a shithead...all I can think about are really short lines at the theme parks! :kekeke:

Most of my peeps in Orlando didn't get hit too bad though, and Tee in Miami just got rain and a strong breeze. :)

Be
08-20-2004, 07:03 PM
have fun coz....universal is the spot....funk dizzzknee....and if you don't wanna do cardio all damn day...don't laugh rent some motorised wheelchairs....you don't have to be handicaped to use them...and they get you to the front of every line...it's awesome...you'll love it ...trust me...

ALSO...YO HARM....can you pm me an address so i can mapquest...i might bring my younginz...if they're up for the ride...they hate long rides...they get that from they're mother cause when i was young you couldn't drag me out of a car...i needed to be OUT...

holla

Harmeister
08-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Done.

Every one is invited, though, so for everyone here is my address:

15 Ferren Drive
Billerica, MA 08121

(978)-362-2259

onegalacticwino
08-29-2004, 01:48 PM
How was the shindig, Harm. Sorry I couldn't make it ... but I'm anxious to hear about it, and see pictures!

No Harm, No Foul

Harmeister
08-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Short Story:

It didn't happen.

Long Story:

About 29 days ago, I invited 50 people or so to my house for a get together and some food, besides people on the board. Not a single person came. nope, not a one. People had family in, were going to the cape for the weekend, had other plans, etc. Pretty much any excuse you could come up with besides going to the hospital because your wife was pregnant and delivering, I heard it.

Be, on the other hand, said he would come. He even had crap thrown in his face at the last minute that was going to make it so that he would have to stay in the New York area, and yet he was still going to come because he said he would. That's the kind of guy he is. I was fortunately able to get a hold of him in time so that he didn't spend eight hours or more on the road for a non-existant party. I had Be here in spirit, though, listening to the "Bliss Album" most of the day.

This is not meant as an offense to anyone here, but can I tell you how disheartening that was? Only one other person said she could come, but was away on vacation most of the time so didn't tell me till Saturday afternoon. Her family and mine will get together at a later time.

So I want to especially thank Be and JC for being willing to come up to some white dude's house that they have never even met simply because they were asked. That means an awful lot. More than you could know, really. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

For everyone else who would have come had they been able, thanks for thinking about me ;) I felt it way over here in my little corner of the world.

onegalacticwino
08-29-2004, 05:32 PM
:sadwave:

Sorry, Harm. The stars must have been against a BBQ in Billerica. Hopefully we can meet up again soon somewhere!

Wino

Cozmo D
08-30-2004, 10:26 AM
DAMM...sorry to hear that Harm. :sad:

Gonna do my best to make sure the Cenacs are at the next one! :happysad:

Chief
09-03-2004, 02:01 PM
damn dude....that sucks.....if i can...next year....i will fly in for it...K?