PDA

View Full Version : My Confession

filmwizdaddy
06-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi Yall it has been a while since I got on here.

I want to tell you guys that I found Jesus this past weekend and I haven't been more happier in my life. I want to appologize for any bad comments that I have made on this forum. I am truly sorry.

I am not sure how everyone elses life is going right now.....but I have been struggling for quite sometime now and finally I have found some peace in my life. You see most of my pain and suffering has occured mainly these past 4 years. The truth is I really do not have any friends as I have lost them all back in college. I have tried to live my life without god and tried to find my way by myself and it didn't work. I am just glad there are people on here that were able to listen to me even if no one did out there. There are mean people in this world and I have come across many in life and expect to face people like this throughout my life. The one thing that I now understand is in people's apathy the best thing to do is to just be kind no matter what. In my life there has been little kindness for a longtime. The only thing that I can do is be kind and hopefully it will make someone's day a little brighter. To many that may sound corny but I assure you that when you are as low as you can get the only way to go is up and I understand that love is the way and the only way. I can't imagine those individuals who are foster kids or those without loving parents. We all need love in this world. Being a guy it is very hard for me especially to open up and be vulnerable to love and just to be vulnerable period. It takes a strong person to admit his faults and admit is problems. I am no where near perfect but I am glad that I have found some peace in life.

When I hold up two fingers apart it means peace. It is what we need...peace love and understanding. Like I said, if none shows kindness that is genuine, I will, for it is the only way to stop hate.

Be I want to thank you for your lyrics. Much of what is say I can relate to in my personal life. "Music for Carnivores" you talk about those who don't know they hurt you.....I have faced that. "You get nothing"....people have promised me so much in my life and they have fallen short. You also state in the song that people's apathy over whlem us and getting angry (crucifying your patients) will come to haunt us. Thank you.

The only thing that matters to me is being with people that care for one another. I have been around those who don't. This is about finding peace in life, finding true love, and finding true understanding in those who care.

According to my parents....I am adopted and I have talked about it before. If someone asked me would I trade my friends,family, Jesus, feeling of love, for a bunch of money....the answer is and has always been NO. I have things in my apartment. I can buy more. What good is any "things," without those to share with it. Even with someone to share it with....things and money don't make the world go round. It is people and god.

I truly hope someone day I will get a chance to see my sister and family. For those who take the time to read my post. Thank you.

See you around...

-BAB

Cozmo D
06-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Welcome home Filmwiz. Here's a smile for ya. :)

SaintHax
06-02-2004, 04:25 PM
that rocks man :rock: :bowdown:

ChrisLDog
06-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Sounds like you have found something to make your life meaningful, that :rock: s.

Just don't turn into another Tinker ;) :blahblah:

LumtheMad
06-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Good ta see ya again Filmy! It's funny how things be it religion, friends or circumstances help bring things to light. Like this hole in my pants......

Louis85
06-02-2004, 06:14 PM
:bowdown: :rock:

Tybris
06-02-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm happy for ya man, truely am. Just don't be a stranger round these parts, we could all use a little of that love and kindness. :grouphug:

Chief
06-02-2004, 09:41 PM
^^^^^what they said^^^^^^^

dont be a stranger man

syxxpm
06-02-2004, 10:54 PM
:wavey:

The_Kay_Dee
06-03-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't know ya, but I am happy for you!
:wavey:

filmwizdaddy
06-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys...

I used to walk by people that would reach out for others. Seriously, I never gave it much thought. The only way to know how someone feels is to walk in their shoes yourself. In reality, no one in here can and I believe we all struggle individually to bring us stronger spiritually.

I keep telling myself that I will always be more aware of others when I see them struggling. In college I used to walk by people...whether it be people on the streets or just those in school that you know they are struggling emotionally......I know I cannot intervene in people's lives but I have also had people try to reach out to me and I really didn't give it my all. Believe it or not these people are random people that were down and just started talking about their problems and got all emotional. It is sad I know I cannot be there everytime and I cannot fix people's problems...but just to know someone is there to listen means a world of a difference.

I really haven't been a sucker for emotion in the past. I am a guy who has tried everything he could in life and have now found some peace.

It is funny how others in this world continue to listen to blasphemy and lies. When I was in college many people turned on me because of lies and even though they knew it wasn't true it still didn't matter. People can brain wash themselves too. You can take a whole group of people and get them together and they can convince themselves of anything. In the Bible Jesus says that people who do not believe in him and God as our savior will end up turning on him and he also states that we as christians shall expect the same from others. I talk to people today about my faith in god and people joke about it somewhat. Just like Jesus I expect to be persecuted because it is written as so.

God doesn't oppress his people as it states in the book of Job towards the end of verse 47 (i think).

He just gives everlasting life and we all should have free will in life to do what we want so we can grow closer to him. It is our own fault for falling astray...it is our free will to fall astray as it is our free will to go back to him.

People today try to tempt me into things and the lack of listening to me shows a lack of respect and lack of care for me. But just as it is written "Let those who continue to do wrong do wrong and let those who continue to right do right." I can't control people's actions nor will I try or worry about it.

As far as my friends that I have had in the past.....they left my side and if they come back they come back.....but no one has the right to push anyone to do anything or set a path or a maze for anyone to follow.

Thanks again!

-BAB

Etherspin
06-03-2004, 06:36 PM
all the best filmwiz and congrats on finding new meaning ...

JUST DONT MORPH INTO TINKER ... or i will personally :bash:

:roll:

love 2 ya man

Cozmo D
06-03-2004, 09:03 PM
A few quickies.

If people constantly open up to you and pour their problems out to you it means that you have a gift. It is a most rewarding gift, though it can be quite tedious...I often have complete strangers just start talking to me and telling me all of their problems...often when I have plenty of other shit to do. It's part of your gift, and thus your purpose, to listen and offer advice, or comfort, or a helping hand...or just to listen. When you become in tune with your gift it will tell you which and when. To be callous and cold by shunning these people is to shun your gift...not advisable.

Christ never stated anything to "Christians"...when He lived there were no such people. If you keep this in mind it may help you to be tolerant, forgiving and understanding of others...regardless of their opinions or religion or what they believe or choose not to believe. It's what Christ would have done. ;)

The fact that you have "found" peace means that you have been blessed...not annointed. It does not make you superior in any way. It also does not mean that everybody else is cursed until they find the same peace that you have either. Just consider yourself blessed, and wish and pray for blessings for others as well. They don't even need the same blessings as you...peace can be quite over-rated. If you work at the gift the you have described, you will go far in helping to bring many blessings to others, as well as maybe "finding" a few more yourself. :)

Keep reading your Bible, but also read different versions, and lots of history on the era. Never let anybody give you this or that quote or this or that meaning without going to a few Bibles and reading the ENTIRE BOOK that the quote or meaning is from. You'll find that many many people like to twist things to suit their purposes.

Have a good walk! :wavey:

EZ,
Coz

Hero1
06-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Coz@Jun 4 2004, 11:03 AM

The fact that you have "found" peace means that you have been blessed...not annointed. It does not make you superior in any way. It also does not mean that everybody else is cursed until they find the same peace that you have either. Just consider yourself blessed, and wish and pray for blessings for others as well. They don't even need the same blessings as you...peace can be quite over-rated. If you work at the gift the you have described, you will go far in helping to bring many blessings to others, as well as maybe "finding" a few more yourself. :)

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Louis85
06-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Coz, that was just....damn... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Cozmo D
06-04-2004, 12:22 PM
:)

I dood this. The walk is easier when your eyes are open. ;)

The_Kay_Dee
06-04-2004, 12:34 PM
So true!!! So True!!! :wavey: