PDA

View Full Version : Prince

justafan
04-07-2004, 05:25 AM
No, not Thaprince, I am talking genuine Prince here.

I am going to see prince tomorrow. If the damn Ticketmaster will let me buy the tickets, stupid routine maintenance to their website.

This is what it sounds like when doves cry............. report of the show coming tomorrow night :rock:

onegalacticwino
04-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Psyched! I saw him several years back -- amazing. And the reviews this year look incredible so far. Go forth and report back!!

justafan
04-07-2004, 04:15 PM
oh man, I went to buy tickets last night and there was maintenance...

I went to buy them today and it was 60 instead of 40 (there were still seats available). 40 is OK but 60 is a bit steep (but with all the damn fees and stuff... whatever). So I sat on it a second, called my buddy that I was going with to talk to him about it. Then 2 minutes later I went to buy the tickets and they were sold out. I don't believe in omens, but oh man, I think I was being told not to go. I just hope I dont regret this later... :sad:

onegalacticwino
04-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Oh shit! Well, you might regret it (at least from a concert perspective) because everything I hear is that it's fantastic.

But perhaps you would have been in a fender-bender, or been mugged or something if you had gone -=- so maybe this was a safety "sliding door" of some sort!

sdldawn
04-07-2004, 04:44 PM
It will be a wonderful performance man.. No doubt one of the best live acts u'll see. Your also gettin the new cd Musicology when u go to his concerts for free.. which is also a great cd.

I've seen him twice, and the last one I went to I got to hang out with him during a soundcheck.. Hopin to go in may to see him. Not sure yet though

Brian221
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Seeing him for the first time June 26th at Summerfest

Cozmo D
04-07-2004, 05:00 PM
All I know is he tore up "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductions! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I've been really feelin the Funk turn he's taken too!

DJ Detroit Butcher
04-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by sdldawn@Apr 7 2004, 03:44 PM
It will be a wonderful performance man.. No doubt one of the best live acts u'll see. Your also gettin the new cd Musicology when u go to his concerts for free.. which is also a great cd.

:blahblah:
He said he's NOT going.

He's not missing anything anyway, but a 2 hour medley of the same shit that he's "never going to play again" .... again. Everyone's making a big deal about this tour, and I don't know why. Yes, he blew my mind with "while my guitar" .... my jaw was on the floor, not because I didn't know he was capable of playing like that, but because I know that he IS, and I haven't heard him play with half that much feeling since the gold experience late night shows.... But this isn't prince.org, so I'll save the "used to love prince, want to again, but can't" riff for another time, but the musicology album sounds like it was done by a prince impersonater. "On the Couch" was alright, as was "IF I were the man in your life" or whatever, and "reflection" indeed is a rare gem, but overall, the album nearly as boring as the "one night alone" album....