PDA

View Full Version : New Track - Bug'n Out

Brian221
02-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Now streaming on PmDawn.net
Pm Dawn - Bug'n Out

or

use these links directly...

High Speed (http://www.pmdawn.net/Sounds/meta/bugn_high.wax)
Dial-up (http://www.pmdawn.net/Sounds/meta/bugn_low.wax)

Thanks Be !!!
:bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh:

Chief
02-29-2004, 05:58 PM
ummm..this soooo should be in shrek....mother fuckers...thanks a lot Be.....

Chief
02-29-2004, 06:16 PM
can i email them on what a dumb decision they made...

Deity
02-29-2004, 06:46 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I really love the melody in the verses. Those people don't know what they're missin'. Thank you for sharing it with all of us Be and JC! :bigthumb:

onegalacticwino
02-29-2004, 06:52 PM
I've got a Bug'n Pout that they didn't use this :tinker:

Thanks for sharing the song, Be -- perhaps we'll see it in something else! Can you shop it around to other movies of the same nature?

Hero1
02-29-2004, 07:00 PM
havent heard it yet..but how about the "sharktale soundtrack" over at dreamworks...wills in charge of that maybe he'll get it on...

Poetdude
02-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Amazing work! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Great Vocals, and I love the chorus! :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh:

DJ Detroit Butcher
02-29-2004, 08:21 PM
dammit. it craps out for me after about 10 secs.... i really need to get broadband........ :sad:

dreamrib
02-29-2004, 08:23 PM
aww *waves hands* this is SO damn good!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks for sharing Be, wow I seriously like it. It should have made the album!! I wish I could save it.

Awesome.

:)

Harmeister
02-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Windows Media Player keeps telling me there is an error on both streams. Any one else seeing this?

sdldawn
02-29-2004, 10:51 PM
I like this. Amazing lyrics

nice nice nice nice

LumtheMad
02-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Very catchy. Have to say the folks who are making soundtracks never have a damn clue what's going on most of the time tho. It's usually the flavor of the month. It' gets stuck in your head.

Dark Sun
03-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh man . . . they passed on this? I would have thought it would be perfect for the movie!

Don't sweat it Be . . . keep pumping it out!

syxxpm
03-01-2004, 12:28 AM
anyway i can get this to play on quicktime cuz my media player is dead again! :sad:

dreamrib
03-01-2004, 01:04 AM
aww Syxx I feel ya sweetheart, I just recently moved on from my days of a dead computer, lol.

Hero1
03-01-2004, 01:41 AM
it keeps cuttin off after abt 30 seconds 4 me :bash: what i heard sounds fuckin insane tho :shock:

Hero1
03-01-2004, 01:58 AM
i dont like jive jones chorus.. the rest i like though :bigthumb:

spidey
03-01-2004, 03:01 AM
I'll say it to, those Dreakworks folks don't know what they are missing...Best thing I've heard all year!!!!!!!!!!Thanks, Be and JC! You guys still rock!

spidey
03-01-2004, 03:02 AM
maybe it can be used in a Disney movie..but then, I'm being bias, putting the two thing I really enjoy together. That would rule!

Etherspin
03-01-2004, 03:55 AM
OHHH maaaaaaaaan... I cannot express how BIG a mistake they made !!
that track is a brilliant !

:bigthumb:
:bigthumb:

:rock:

Be
03-01-2004, 04:58 AM
DIZZZNAAAAM YOU GUYS...

i mean ..i like it too...a lot...but...oh yeah...you guys are a lil biased

the funny thing is that...with my current frame of mind those lyric should've been ..excruciating to write...i mean...i only wrote about a third...but it still should a hurt...but it didn't

strange...i hear that they went with smashmouth again

whatever..i like them anyway
b.

thanx everybody ...for the positive vibes...and yeah...when they passed ..i sent them amnesia...and sent bug'n out to the shark movie folks..

that's the way the ball bounces...

but hey...i'm still pissed about spiderman...cause i do believe...we nailed it...and can anybody remember what songs they finally went with......cause i kan't

DJ Detroit Butcher
03-01-2004, 06:42 AM
Yall DID nail it with "tru believer"....... I fukkin love that song... and I AIN'T biased. I don't feel a need to tell you your music rocks me just cuz i'm on "your" message board. Can this get released at all? Or is it off limits because it was submitted for that soundtrack?

Hero1
03-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Be@Mar 1 2004, 06:58 PM

the funny thing is that...with my current frame of mind those lyric should've been ..excruciating to write...i mean...i only wrote about a third...but it still should a hurt...but it didn't

and sent bug'n out to the shark movie folks..

and can anybody remember what songs they finally went with......cause i kan't
i was gonna say.. i was suprised by the lyrics of that song...

ooh i hope it gets on the shark tale soundtrack...

and spiderman went with sum 41 ! that whole soundtrack had nothin 2 do with spidey.. :madrant:

Hero1
03-01-2004, 07:11 AM
be i dont think we are biased..because you've set a pretty high standard for all things pm dawn.. so if it wasnt up 2 that ..we'd tell you...

Brian221
03-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by syxxpm@Feb 29 2004, 10:28 PM
anyway i can get this to play on quicktime cuz my media player is dead again! :sad:
Probably not...but try Winamp 5...

And the streams may require Media Player 9. :tinker:

spidey
03-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Yeah, they went with Sum 41 and the guys from Saliva and Nickleback. I still say they should have used you guys. There's always spider-man 2. I burned a copy of the spoundtrack with "True Believer" on it. I hope Bug' N Out gets on something.

Elizabeth
03-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Be, I thought it was great. People are so stupid sometimes. I can't believe that anyone would pass on that. I loved it. When you do finally get the whole album thing straightened out, do you think this would or could go on it?

love
Elizabeth

ps-- thanks to Brian for helping us by putting it up.

Be
03-01-2004, 03:07 PM
i don't think so liz...

it doesn't fit in with the general vibe of the album...(See JSS UPDATE) but tru believer is on the album

oh yeah....i didn't mean...super biased...i said ...a lil biased you know encouragement from your friends kinda biased....i need the gut buckety super brutal honest truth even though it hurts kinda responce when i seek an opinion...so i don't usually ask friends...i kinda just let it ride...and peep the reactions...again...thanx for the good vibes you guys

b.

P.S.
that damn "WOO HOO HOO" is almost theraputic....around here we've been singing it to feel better...shit is better than saint johns wart...my lil man came up with that one tryin ta help his ol man

justafan
03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
muy bueno!

mad props to all involved in making this, its awesome :rock:

Tybris
03-01-2004, 09:34 PM
I think it matched up with Shrek extremely well, but hey, what do we know, we're just the paying public. Honestly I don't believe it has anything to do with the song not fitting. I think it has more to do with PM Dawn not being in the light for so long. Smash Mouth is cool I like them too, but I can see the song fitting in more than one place, not like they're gonna use them throughout the whole movie.

On another note, don't know if you ever watch it Be, but maybe you could submit a few songs for Smallville. I love that show and can see several songs fitting in various places and situations. I'm sorry, the songs are sometimes cool, but WHO THE HELL ARE these people. I've seen a lot of no name groups get songs in the show, that kind of fit but weren't all that memorable. I have the soundtrack compilation for season 1 and there are only 2 songs on the whole cd that I listen to. The intro by Remy Zero and some other song I can't recall the name to at the moment. The other songs are really kind of crappy when you listen without watching.

DJ Detroit Butcher
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Be@Mar 1 2004, 02:07 PM
i don't think so liz...

it doesn't fit in with the general vibe of the album...(See JSS UPDATE) but tru believer is on the album

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LumtheMad
03-01-2004, 11:18 PM
It should be about vibe and how the MUSIC fits in with the movie or feel of the movie. Like i was saying before i tend to think it's the flavor of the month sort of thang. I think you could actually more than likely score a whole movie sort of like REM did BE. It'd be a pretty cool affair as well....just thinking out loud(where the voices inside my head can't get me)

dreamrib
03-02-2004, 12:40 AM
I could TOTALLY see PM dawn playing on Smallville. One of my fav shows on right now!

Hero1
03-02-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Be@Mar 2 2004, 05:07 AM

that damn "WOO HOO HOO" is almost theraputic....around here we've been singing it to feel better...shit is better than saint johns wart...my lil man came up with that one tryin ta help his ol man
the best woo hoo's are on she dreams persistent maybes.. i mean ya wailing away and yet its such a chilled out track..i just listen 2 that on repeat for hours...

joining in on the woo hoos..it is theraputic

LumtheMad
03-02-2004, 08:00 AM
In an unrelated thing. Like your Eek the Cat ,Hiero. Very nice. Very nice indeed.....

Tybris
03-02-2004, 12:53 PM
ARGGHH....can't.....get...song...out...of ...head. Dam this song is infectious. This is a really cool song, how about putting this out as a single Be, since you don't plan to put it on the album. :bigthumb:

-Kosh-
03-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Tybris@Mar 2 2004, 11:53 AM
ARGGHH....can't.....get...song...out...of ...head. Dam this song is infectious. This is a really cool song, how about putting this out as a single Be, since you don't plan to put it on the album. :bigthumb:

I think this is a FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC idea. :bigthumb:

And, oooh! Loving the track. :D played for my partner last night. he was dancing and bouncing around. :D It was great. Love this tune. it's so infectious and just flat-out fun.

Thanks for making it available!!

Cozmo D
03-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by -Kosh-@Mar 2 2004, 12:36 PM
played for my partner last night.
Awwwwwww...too bad Syxx. I guess you're just gonna have to go after Poetdude. ;)

And don't think I didn't notice you flirting with Lum either...heheheheh... :cool:

justafan
03-02-2004, 04:27 PM
I like the single idea... this could be like Boyz II Men with "End of the Road." Motown put it on Boomerang soundtrack because they didn't understand the hit they had(otherwise they admitted they wouldn't have let it on there, especially for such a nominal fee), then it was number one for like 15 weeks. Well Bug'n Out could reverse that process. Turned down for a soundtrack and then hits big on the charts, but there is still a story there of someone missing the thing that was in there laps, namely a great song... People like those stories usually, at least I do. :rock: :rock:

Hero1
03-02-2004, 07:32 PM
coz..didnt he just say he played it for syxx last night ;) :barfkiss:

Hero1
03-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by justafan@Mar 3 2004, 06:27 AM
I like the single idea... this could be like Boyz II Men with "End of the Road." Motown put it on Boomerang soundtrack because they didn't understand the hit they had(otherwise they admitted they wouldn't have let it on there, especially for such a nominal fee), then it was number one for like 15 weeks. Well Bug'n Out could reverse that process. Turned down for a soundtrack and then hits big on the charts, but there is still a story there of someone missing the thing that was in there laps, namely a great song... People like those stories usually, at least I do. :rock: :rock:
u obviously aint heard the story for "id die without you" .....

LumtheMad
03-02-2004, 09:13 PM
It's because i can twirl and bat my eyelashes very fast. It makes me a wonderous pleasure to flirt with. I mean honestly....who doesn't like the twirling? :beer:

justafan
03-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by HieroHero+Mar 2 2004, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HieroHero @ Mar 2 2004, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-justafan@Mar 3 2004, 06:27 AM
u obviously aint heard the story for "id die without you" .....[/b][/quote]
no I haven't... is it bad? PM me with it if you want. Or put it up here if its OK.

syxxpm
03-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Coz+Mar 2 2004, 01:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Coz @ Mar 2 2004, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Kosh-@Mar 2 2004, 12:36 PM
played for my partner last night.
Awwwwwww...too bad Syxx. I guess you're just gonna have to go after Poetdude. ;)

And don't think I didn't notice you flirting with Lum either...heheheheh... :cool:

[/b][/quote]
:roll: but nobody can burn my ribs quite like you can chef benjy :fawkdance: :stupid:

Chukwuka
03-12-2004, 06:13 PM
I can't get it to download on my computer...
I NEED it, Like a phat swisa sweet!!!
Can I hit that????

Chukwuka
03-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by justafan+Mar 2 2004, 07:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (justafan @ Mar 2 2004, 07:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by HieroHero@Mar 2 2004, 05:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-justafan@Mar 3 2004, 06:27 AM
I like the single idea... this could be like Boyz II Men with "End of the Road."* Motown put it on Boomerang soundtrack because they didn't understand the hit they had(otherwise they admitted they wouldn't have let it on there, especially for such a nominal fee), then it was number one for like 15 weeks.* Well Bug'n Out could reverse that process.* Turned down for a soundtrack and then hits big on the charts, but there is still a story there of someone missing the thing that was in there laps, namely a great song...* People like those stories usually, at least I do. :rock:* :rock:
u obviously aint heard the story for "id die without you" .....
no I haven't... is it bad? PM me with it if you want. Or put it up here if its OK. [/b][/quote]
I would like to know the story behind "I'd Die Without You" If anyone can help a yung brotha out??

I'm try'n ta catch up with ya'll!!

Hero1
03-12-2004, 07:37 PM
hey chukwaka long story short.. bes label didnt believe in id die without you..and they didnt wanna release it.. be put it on the boomerang soundtrack and boo ya smash hit!!!

frEk
03-13-2004, 09:38 PM
>< it dun wanna open for me, help!

pmdawnfan
03-30-2004, 03:49 AM
I'd even play this in the car really, really loud!

jonbonson
03-31-2004, 05:41 AM
i walked away singing this song in my head, why would it not be used? this is classic!

DanManMain
04-12-2004, 04:47 AM
I am still shocked about the exclusion of "Tru Believer" from the spiderman OST.

OST's usually have less than an hour of music to begin with. They could have added that song and kept well under the maxium time constraint of 80min.

In recent times, the closest I've ever seen any artist get to 80min on a standard CD is BT with "Emotional Technology"

but none the less Bug'N out is a dope listen.

BigRed82
04-20-2004, 11:29 PM
That's awesome that the lil man helped you out with melodies... That's just cool. I love this song, I've let my roommates hear it at least 20 times, it's great! I love the intro, I can't believe they passed on this!!!

So this isn't on the album Be? If you're feeling informative you got any tentative song titles for the ones that are on the album?

BigRed

The_Kay_Dee
04-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Upbeat
:bowdown: 2 :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
and :fawkdance: if ya don't like it!

:stupid:

Chief
05-23-2004, 03:46 PM
so i saw shrek last night...my 3 year olds first time in a theatre..he did allright...

anyways...question for ya Be...when you make a song for a movie..do they tell you where it would be placed in the movie? cuz i think i know exactly where buggin out wouldve fit..

Be
05-23-2004, 07:13 PM
well...they try to tell you as best they can....they should'a just let me see the damn scene...the scene around where they we're farting in the mud...with that weird ass counting crows guy singing in the back...personally i thought it fit ok...bug'n out would've been a song that was better and more interesting than the actual scene...i felt like we used a nuclear bomb to kill an ant....nah mean...i can respect they're decision.

but a bruh could'a still used the damn check...

Chief
05-24-2004, 11:20 AM
see...thats exactly where i thought it wouldve gone...but anyways...this is where we need one of our computer gurus here to take the dvd, wipe out that audio and insert buggn out..:) like our own special version for shrek...then..if we get that done..then we take spiderman and do the same..LOL

Etherspin
05-24-2004, 01:13 PM
how bout a pm dawn version of the batman theme for the new flick that takes the saga right back to the beginning ???

batman photos 2004 (http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/batphoto.html)

-Kosh-
06-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by pmdawnfan@Mar 30 2004, 02:49 AM
I'd even play this in the car really, really loud!
Funny, I was doing that last night. :bigthumb:

Foxy11
06-13-2004, 11:20 AM
I know I'm late but :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I LOVE IT!! oh my goodness that song would have been perfect for that scene...WTF is wrong with them :madrant: :madrant: :madrant:

ChrisLDog
06-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Your right about the Counting Crows song there Be. Actually I love CC but that song was weaksauce. Bug'n Out woulda killed it.

syxxpm
06-17-2004, 12:44 PM
cant stop thinkin bout it cant stop thinking bout it cant....oh yeah i can :fawkdance: ...that song gets annoying after a while......

onegalacticwino
06-23-2004, 11:50 AM
I can't seem to access the song anymore -- anyone else having problems?