PDA

View Full Version : everybody is related 2 someone famous

Etherspin
02-24-2004, 01:15 PM
in an old post about spotting what was true and false out of 4 statements by forum members i noticed this by coz ....

"Coz
Posted: Sep 20 2002, 07:13 AM

oh come on...everybody is related to at least somebody at the very least a little famous.
"

so most of u are related 2 someone famous, who is it ? even if its a second cousin your auntie told u about !

Terrick
02-24-2004, 06:11 PM
hmmm......not that i know of. my great grandpa invented the cattle prod thingy, but then he sold the rights to someone else so I guess it doesn't count.

Tybris
02-24-2004, 08:48 PM
I was told that I was related to comedian Thea Vidal, but I'm not sure that's true. I was told that along time ago by someone on my dad's side, but somewhere along the line I think the spelling of her last name changed or they just had it wrong. Now as far as actual relations I am related or decendant if you will of Shanghai Peirce (look it up), as per my grandmother.

tinkermichael
02-24-2004, 09:01 PM
I CAN'T prove it yet but cheif Tinker of the Osage tribe. and was also a lawyer for them. they even named Tinker airforce base after him.

Be
02-24-2004, 10:31 PM
well...as long as we're doing this...my dad played in Kool & the gang..and managed them for a short stint...football player Harold Carmichael(of the eagle's hall of fame) is my mom's cousin...and my wife's brother played all the guitars on Run DMC's tougher than leather album...

and oh yeah...how could i forget...

Ron Jeremy is my long lost uncle
:bigthumb:
b.

Cozmo D
02-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ellehcimevoli@Feb 24 2004, 05:11 PM
hmmm......not that i know of. my great grandpa invented the cattle prod thingy, but then he sold the rights to someone else so I guess it doesn't count.
I would think that counts as being at least a little famous. :bigthumb:

syxxpm
02-25-2004, 12:10 AM
my mothers father was a dixie land piano player named buddy jackson who played on "the dukes of dixielands-the south will rise again album....."

on a dif subject not related.....i live ablock away from geoff rickley from the group thursday :) ...thats my only claims to fame

Etherspin
02-25-2004, 03:55 AM
theres a type of dish for culturing bacteria and such life in science, a clear dish with a lining to sustain what grows there, its called the agar plate, my great grandfather wilfred agar invented it , my great grandmother is/was cousin to alexander graham bell (the telephone dude!).
:happysad:

justafan
02-25-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Feb 25 2004, 01:55 AM
theres a type of dish for culturing bacteria and such life in science, a clear dish with a lining to sustain what grows there, its called the agar plate, my great grandfather wilfred agar invented it , my great grandmother is/was cousin to alexander graham bell (the telephone dude!).
:happysad:
damn man, that is cool as hell. It must be in the blood.

There isn't anyone famous in my family... seriously :sad: , but what do I know

Etherspin
02-25-2004, 06:24 AM
if u have any granmas left, ask em man , u might be surprised, according to the whole degrees of seperation thing u pretty much gotta be related 2 someone in the limelight

Chief
02-25-2004, 10:41 AM
my uncle toured with BB King

Rumi_Philosophie
02-25-2004, 10:14 PM
I don't know any of my blood relatives to know. So I like to pretend and imagine that I am related to Djinns,elves and mighty conquerors like Saladin.

Brian221
02-26-2004, 10:00 AM
...my parent's band opened for the Ike and Tina Review :slap: back in the day...that's all I got...

filmwizdaddy
02-26-2004, 02:26 PM
I don't have anything to say about this cuz I don't have musicians in my family or actors or just engineers and secretarys. :sad:

SweetNsoFLyy
03-01-2004, 04:19 PM
dang...i am not related to anybody famous,...but my mom used to sing with a band called "Big T"...and im sure none of u ever heard of the group...haha..they released a record waaaay back in da day... ;)

I don't know if they can really count...but I have my 2 God brothers,...Dominique Wilkins and Kevin Willis... Kev, is real protective, and NEVER digg the guys I talk to...but they don't know that I'm back in the city tho...they think I'm still in Hawaii... haha...

My best friend and play brother name is Rhythm. He toured with Arrested Development as one of the Choreographers, (Ajile did too..and I know her too)...Rhythm, choreographed Debra Cox's last video, and is on a 3 year contract for the Sprite Liquid Mix tour for as the head DJ,...Year b4 last was him and Nappy Roots, (and afew o thers,...this past year he was with Jay Z and others...i think...

This prolly dont count either,...I used to be real cool with an old friend name Kenny Anderson, and some of his family, b4 he became famous. :rolleyes: A few years back, his "then" fiance Tammy/Tamika called my house, askin how I knew Kenny...She flew to NY, we were on 3 way and Kenny said he didn't know me... :bowlaugh: I felt so bad for her :happysad: , (and truly sorry 4 him) because he must have given her reasons to question his friendships...altho we were truly only friends....but just for a gUd laff....here's a small part of many letters.(then imma delete this for privacy purposes) ;)

I pulled this from my Desert Storm trunk with my other souvernirs and war collectible, and saved letters from that era...dam...yall, gimme a group hug.. :grouphug: cuz i be messin up and hijackin some threads! LOL :bowlaugh:

peace,
3cookies

SweetNsoFLyy
03-01-2004, 04:21 PM
oops sorry thats so big...imma delete it in a coupla days... :)

peace,
3cookies

justafan
03-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Kenny anderson, hell yeah, I love that dude! Played for GT back in the day, they are my favorite college team outside of nebraska schools... And Tammy, aw man, that is kinda funny. I have seen her on VH1 and a few other things talking about what its like to marry an NBA player. I don't know if I liked her too much on the Real World, but its all good... Didn't they divorce? Maybe not?

I still need to talk to my grandparents...see if I am related at all to anyone of social note.

SweetNsoFLyy
03-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Yaaa...she's doing a documentary of being married to NBA players and talks about her Hummer with specialized tags..."His~Cash". I've never seen him play ball, (or interested to watch his games)... asides home videos his relatives showed me...

He's cool,..i guess. Just not my type...

peace,
3cookies

justafan
03-02-2004, 04:27 AM
Yeah, your too good for him sweets...

Hes was good back in the day, but that is what I say too...haha

thats right about His~Cash, that is sooooo frikkin funny. I remember that and boy was it a riot.

Be
03-02-2004, 11:52 AM
that shit ain't fukkin funny. :mad:

Chief
03-02-2004, 01:51 PM
sorry..i would have to agree with Be on this one....fuck that bitch if she cant earn her own dough...but alas..i shall stop my rant here..

SweetNsoFLyy
03-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Yea, I don't think its funny at all, for her to be braggiN the way she was. Everytime he cheated on her, he bought her expensive gifts and a "few" cars that she traded them all in for a brand new Hummer...thats how she got the hummer...

Altho I didn't think it was cool, hopefully the next tyme Kenny gets married, he'll have a better approach in dealing with temptation and the huge crowds of groupies waiting on him at his hotel, (or answering his phone if the wifey called) and he won't go through divorce...or better yet be a better judge of character IF he learns from these mistakes...

LOL..I couldn't marry a man if i knew beforehand, that he would be givin my "stuff" away like that ;) ... :bash: LOL

peace,
3cookies

dreamrib
03-02-2004, 04:01 PM
wait wait...did you just say you were going to STOP ranting Bri? I think I'm going to have to red letter mark this day.....

hehe just j/k'ing with ya

justafan
03-02-2004, 04:16 PM
I said that I didn't really like her earlier... that sort of implied (to me at least) that the only reason it was funny for her to have those plates is that it wasn't funny at all. But I admit, the way it looked, I seemed to be condoning or finding what she had amusing and I really wasn't at all (except for how rediculous it was). Sorry about the confusion, honest mistake though here.

Peace

Chief
03-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by dreamrib@Mar 2 2004, 02:01 PM
wait wait...did you just say you were going to STOP ranting Bri? I think I'm going to have to red letter mark this day.....

i believe you are thinking of coz my dear

Elizabeth
03-02-2004, 06:57 PM
If he did something to deserve it, then it's funny....

Elizabeth :P

ps-- my contribitions... (which are mostly speculation) I'm gonna try hard to sound all important now. LOL just kidding. I got nothin', man. except...

my grandmother was pretty *friendly* with mafia dudes in and around NY, and it's possible we may have some of that going on in the blood. aside from that, it's rumored that I have a famous gangster somewhere in my family history, although genealogy is a hobby of mine and I have yet to find it. I'm also supposedly related to someone made "famous" who swam the English Channel to escape the Germans... Van Linden is the name, they say (I'll have to look into it, could be another family scam).
my cousin went out with a guy from a boy band outta Boston (they were local heroes at the time) about a decade or so back.
I went out with a kid who said he was sir mix-a-lots nephew. So if I'd evera married the punk then I would be related to someone famous.
my grandfather supposedly knew the son of sam guy... I don't know how that story goes... I think they had prison time together when they were young men, or maybe they were in foster care together?? (shrug)

and that's about all I got.
Oh ... my Scot-Irish ancestors fought with William Wallace against the English (rock!). There's actually a McKeowntown (McKeown is my last name) or something like that in Ireland... the main dude there is a priest or something.
My French ancestors were nobleman... my great- great- great- great- (unsure of how many greats at the moment) aunt married into another French noble family. They owned a portion of land in France. This family that we married into was so cruel that the peasants called the land "devil's arc" or something like that... I think their castle still stands.

and that's all I got. :slap:

SweetNsoFLyy
03-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Sounds like u got Royalty in ur family Elizabeth LOL :bowdown:

Justafan:

I said that I didn't really like her earlier... that sort of implied (to me at least) that the only reason it was funny for her to have those plates is that it wasn't funny at all. But I admit, the way it looked, I seemed to be condoning or finding what she had amusing and I really wasn't at all (except for how rediculous it was). Sorry about the confusion, honest mistake though here.

Peace

I understood what u were sayin...just as I understand what the guys talkin bout. (not that im callin u a gurl or anything lol :P ) and thats why its kinda funny, and then again,...it aint. But u know what? these things happen. When a brotha or sista got money like that,...they hafta realize that ppl gonna be comin at u all kindsa ways,...sideways...backwards...ALLA that,...and if a celeb marries a gold diggiN woman with $$ signs in her eyes, and KNOW IT from the git~go...yet, dont know how or WHEN to draw the line with the groupies...then, thats what the hell he gets! PERIOD. Looking at his so called "Trophy" just walking away with a pocketfull of his manhood, im sure... On the other hand, she didn't deserve to be cheated on...no body deserves that, but u have sum women that stick around as long as the check keeps rolling in, and theyre livin tha "lavish" lifestyle, that they couldn't otherwise...

So dont be sorry,...its just one of those situations...that we ALL want to try and avoid...what I consider a "bad mixture"...

If you want a real woman, just dont flash ur money...and if ur broke, don't perpetrate like ur sumbody u sho the hell aint....be urself. dam...imma get banned, cuz we shoulda started a whole new thread LOL... :happysad:

but yea,...i ain't related to no celebrities by blood..unless I can count myself :fawkdance:

peace,
3cookies

dreamrib
03-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by The Dude@Mar 2 2004, 04:01 PM

i believe you are thinking of coz my dear
[/quote]
Nope...not Coz :)

justafan
03-04-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by SweetNsoFLyy@Mar 3 2004, 10:22 PM
but yea,...i ain't related to no celebrities by blood..unless I can count myself
Hey, thats good enough for me... :bigthumb:

Is that you in that pic? damn......... ;)

SweetNsoFLyy
03-04-2004, 08:38 AM
Justafan:

Is that you in that pic? damn.........*

I've been working out now for about 3 1/2 weeks, and got a ways to go, to reach my goal,.. but I keep telling myself that I gotta get "supa" fyne,...then I'm headed strait to the Bahamas this summer looking 4 my soulmate LOL!!!...heck, Ill prolly just catch sum sunsets in Miami,...but I am gettin out of Atlanta 4 a minute! ;)

peace,
3cookies

Elizabeth
03-04-2004, 07:47 PM
lol wouldn't it be nice if I DID have royalty. A lot of friends of mine in the past have told me that I have a regal air about me, and some people who never really got to know me and were only introduced to me thought I was a snob for some reason... so I guess I give off some I-think-I'm-a-queen vibes or something.

:sad:

but I am! lol ;)

Anyway Sweet... judging from your picture there, you are doing just fine. You don't really need to work out.

love
Elizabeth

dreamrib
03-04-2004, 09:48 PM
GO Sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo, damn straight girl! what better way to reward yourself than chillin' up in the bahama's!

You've been doing better than me. Lol, i've been slacking for like almost 2weeks but still maintaining & losing. Just not sticking to major diet or exercising. Major kudos to you my girl. :rock: :rock: :bigthumb: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I have reached a very small minor goal, so I am very happy for now. I bought a pair pleather, don't do leather, pants about 6 months ago with knowing i'd never wear them. Just got a good deal & well....I liked them. Tried them on tonight, they fit. Exercise DOES work!! Lol.

SweetNsoFLyy
03-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Hang in there,...cuz I be slacking too. I missed my aerobics/run yesterday but today (this morning I will do my run..um, maybe)...then this evening my LBWO, to catch myself up...if you get off track with your workout program,...just take it one day at a tyme, and re allign yourself with keeping your goal in mind...

After a workout I enjoy a whey protein shake with 1% milk, and add a few simple carbs (bannana, 1T. coconut chips & 1 T. pineapple chunks ummm delicious)...for quick protein absorbtion for my muscles... eat "cleaner" and healthier throughout the day...and have a FIELD day on my off days eating whateva I want...I hate water, but water really is the key in flushing out toxins and the fat from our bodies...so if we step up the water, we will see better results...

Maybe if we start another thread...some of the guys may help us (their SISTAS) out here...LOL>..

peace..
3cookies

Etherspin
03-05-2004, 05:01 AM
ok, my cousin petrea, one of the only relatives i havent met up with in the UK yet, she lives in scotland, in a castle, on 5000 acres of land, her sons attended Eaton school with the english princes and the queen and other royals (including the queen, for regular morning teas!!)are regular guests,they are big fans of Polo ,for a big international arrangement they had 18 guest bedrooms added to their castle, each with an ensuite,the closest ive come 2 meeting her was staying in one of her london properties, it was on of 30, each worth in excess of 600000 pounds... I HAVENT PUSHED TO meet her in person cause of the intimidation factor, my other family members have been and say its quite intense

Elizabeth
03-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Intense in what sense? Is she mean, or cool? Man.... if she's so rich, it'd be nice if she would toss some money your way, huh? Since you are her cousin and everything. Unless you're already rich...

Elizabeth

justafan
03-06-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Elizabeth@Mar 5 2004, 09:44 PM
Intense in what sense?
Hey Eliz, that flows so well man, I can't tell you the extent that it just caught my ear...

I've got to use that sometime... its poetic in so many ways. :bigthumb:

thestardawg
03-08-2004, 05:40 PM
My brother is in a band on Triple Crown Records...

Does that count as famous.

Maybe famous in the future?

Etherspin
03-08-2004, 08:01 PM
intense cause the way she conducts things is very formal, she expects people to majorly live up 2 their full potential, everything has gotta be big, professional etc,