PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Recommendations

Poetdude
02-09-2004, 02:00 AM
OK....here is the deal. I have been needing to get some new music for a while now. I am quite bored with everything in my collection at the moment, but I have not been able to find anything new or recent that really grabs my interest. Does anyone have any recommendations. I would appreciate it.

Peace
Poetdude

SaintHax
02-09-2004, 02:02 AM
what do you listen to?

Poetdude
02-09-2004, 02:19 AM
I like a lot of different kinds of music, so I am open to almost anything!

justafan
02-09-2004, 02:31 AM
I like Nelly Furtado's new cd.

Twista's new one wasn't as good as his first two, I would not recommend that. I was very disappointed :(

A band called Murder by Death is good (rock but its more melodic, there is a cello, etc).

I can't think of anything else of the top of my head.

SaintHax
02-09-2004, 03:29 AM
well this is reaching pretty far out as to what you might like but you can check out some mp3's of music I like HERE (http://www.pmdawnonline.com/musicstash/)

most of those are good to unwind with, chillout style tracks. I usually play stuff like this when I’m working or just want to relax.

Hero1
02-09-2004, 04:21 AM
man rap has been so bad lately its got me listenin 2 sum strange shit

simply red - home ... great album! just real good songs

harry connick jnr - only you ..nice album jazz covers of songs from the 50s n 60s

other albums 2 check out

lyrics born - later that day
meshell ndegeocello - comfort woman

Poetdude
02-09-2004, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll give them a try.

dreamrib
02-09-2004, 11:43 AM
not sure what music your into....

some old but still good ones that have been out...
Fuel....Natural Selection
July For Kings....Swim
Splender...either album
Shades Apart....really old group but has some awesome music...

A new one I just picked up.....Die Trying....Self titled...just picked it up, i love it
hmm Trapt is good too

Elizabeth
02-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Although it's not new, I would recommend checking out Erykah Badu- Mama's Gun. I still think it's an amazing album. Some parts are weird, but it's so well put together and (to me) heart wrenching in a lot of parts.

Elizabeth

tinkermichael
02-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Poetdude@Feb 9 2004, 02:00 AM
OK....here is the deal. I have been needing to get some new music for a while now. I am quite bored with everything in my collection at the moment, but I have not been able to find anything new or recent that really grabs my interest. Does anyone have any recommendations. I would appreciate it.

Peace
Poetdude
enigma, corporate anenger, badu bob marley,try audio books off a certian unnamed file sharing system,

like guided meditation, and audio books by the dalai lama,for controling the mind dr depak chropra, for showing you yourself and showing you the sicence behind it all, alan wats, for buddism dr wayne dryer for waking you up softly, then find ohso and write to it.

books
emotional entellegence
the masks of god series by josph cambell
way of the wizard depak

bible, koran, the heart of the buddas teachings, and an open heart the dalai lama

hope this helps love you god

tinkermichael
02-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by HieroHero@Feb 9 2004, 04:21 AM
man rap has been so bad lately its got me listenin 2 sum strange shit

simply red - home ... great album! just real good songs

harry connick jnr - only you ..nice album jazz covers of songs from the 50s n 60s

other albums 2 check out

lyrics born - later that day
meshell ndegeocello - comfort woman
it is just the lyrics that are bad it is called ego

the beats are phat as usual

but their is no message with out be

but his fear of thugs or his dislike to rap keeps him from

battleing the ego, fear, and doubt where it is needed most

no offence BE

Cozmo D
02-10-2004, 02:48 PM
There are plenty of rappers with messages out there, you just have to seek them out. If you wanna start semi-mainstream try Common.

fd
02-10-2004, 05:14 PM
It was actually the beats that I think are getting crap

that's what's putting me off

justafan
02-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by fd@Feb 10 2004, 03:14 PM
It was actually the beats that I think are getting crap

that's what's putting me off
You know what, I agree with you... I mean the message is getting lost by the rappers caught up in a different lifestyle, but their is still good things to be said and heard. But the damn beatz, why are they so bad. Rap has to get back in with the classical loops with piano throughout over a hard beat... Some 'Paparazzi' stuff!!! Ya'll remember that, I just knew that X to the Z would blow up when I heard that...

I think I have a few beats that I think are pretty phat...its a shame very few people will actually hear them.

Elizabeth
02-10-2004, 09:46 PM
yeah! I like Common. :D
Elizabeth

Hero1
02-10-2004, 09:57 PM
hey elizabeth erykah performed back in the day on leno last night..awesome! man i need a :rock:

Cozmo D
02-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by justafan@Feb 10 2004, 06:43 PM

I think I have a few beats that I think are pretty phat...its a shame very few people will actually hear them.
Hmmm...maybe not rabbit, maybe not... ;)

justafan
02-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Coz+Feb 10 2004, 10:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Coz @ Feb 10 2004, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-justafan@Feb 10 2004, 06:43 PM

Hmmm...maybe not rabbit, maybe not... ;)[/b][/quote]
right on, or as I say, left off (even though my friends who is smarted than me said that I should say 'left wrong') Oh well though :ph34r:

Elizabeth
02-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Dammit! Not only did I put on Letterman instead, but I fell asleep before it even started! :angry: I love her.

I was just thinking also, that you should check out N.E.R.D.- In Search Of.

Pretty cool stuff, I've gotta say. Especially if you're out driving.

love
Elizabeth