PDA

View Full Version : hey samedeep

Hero1
02-09-2004, 12:51 AM
did u register at my forum..or is ther more than 1 detroit butcher out there?

DJ Detroit Butcher
02-10-2004, 10:52 AM
It's ME! :D
Super fresh site you got there, by the way, even if the "list of things they sampled on their albums" is missing quite a few things. Can I help?

Hero1
02-10-2004, 06:52 PM
if u got sum more...tell me!

SweetNsoFLyy
02-10-2004, 07:43 PM
HEy Same deep,..just in case u didn't know my screen name ova there....its 3cookies... I run the "beats & battles" section...hehe :rolleyes: and if u wanna chek it out, lemme know, send me or Tim a pm 2 get the pass... :)

Some of the battles are actually incredible...but...um...some were out of this world! :P

peace,

3cookies

DJ Detroit Butcher
02-11-2004, 02:19 AM
MY ADDITIONS ARE IN CAPITALS. SORRY I DON'T KNOW LABEL NAMES.

Brand New Funk
Samples:
James Brown "My Thang" (Hell, 1974)
PLEASURE "BOUNCY LADY"

As We Go
Samples:
Honey Drippers "Impeach the President" (1973)
DOUG E. FRESH & SLICK RICK "LA-DI-DA-DI"

Rhythm Trax- House Party Style
Samples:
Michael Jackson "Thriller" (Thriller, 1983)
FAB FIVE FREDDY & B-SIDE "CHANGE LE BEAT"
HASHIM "AL-NAAYFISH (THE SOUL)"
UTFO "LEADER OF THE PACK"

Jazzy's in the House
Samples:
James Brown "Funky President" (Reality, 1975)
FAT BOYS "IN THE HOUSE"

I Wanna Rock
Keni Bruce "Risin to the Top" (Changes, 1982)
Lyn Collins "Think (About It) 1972
MARY JANE GIRLS "ALL NITE LONG"
ROB BASE & DJ EZ ROCK "IT TAKES TWO"

Hero1
02-11-2004, 02:49 AM
kool samedeep..how do u want me to credit u 4 the additions?

Cozmo D
02-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Are you sure about these?

I know in the I Wanna Rock instance that "All Night Long" sounds a hell of a lot like "Keep Risin To The Top", and "It Takes Two" was basicly samples of "Think (About It)" and "Set It Off". Maybe your mistaking these? I don't know the song myself.

DJ Detroit Butcher
02-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Hmm. I can't call it on "keep risin to the top" cuz I've never heard that one. Maybe you're right. Sure sounds like "all nite long" to me tho....

But,

Yes, "it takes two" is built off those samples, but Jazzy Jeff also used some of rob base's vocals as well ..... "I wanna rock right now....... what ya wanna do jeff? I wanna rock right now......"

Hiero, I didn't do this for credit, just put the info in homie.

Hero1
02-11-2004, 11:56 PM
i thought the all night long sample was a rick james song or sumthin? or maybe that was 4 the remix...

DJ Detroit Butcher
02-12-2004, 10:57 AM
All nite long was produced by Rick James, so you were in the right ballpark, anyway. I'm positive that the bassline from All nite Long was used in I wanna Rock. I haven't heard any remixes, so this prolly only applies to the LP version.

Cozmo D
02-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by samedeepwaterasyou@Feb 12 2004, 09:57 AM
All nite long was produced by Rick James, so you were in the right ballpark, anyway. I'm positive that the bassline from All nite Long was used in I wanna Rock. I haven't heard any remixes, so this prolly only applies to the LP version.
Check out "Keep Risin", those basslines are practically identical. Rob Base used it in "Ain't No Half Steppin". I mix together All Nite Long and Keep Risin all the time when I'm spinnin Classics...those shits are made for each other.

We all know that Rick James is a thief! ;) :P