PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody remember this?

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
01-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Some years back (no, not that far back assclown!) The USA network had a weekend cartoon slot called the (sigh) USA Action Extreme Team, where they showed cartoons from Highlander, Exo-Squad, and the Wildcats. plus some new ones including Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Savage Dragon, Wind Commander, and some others I can't remember.
Anywho, without warning one segment featured a crossover tale which featured a character who could have been Thor's bastard son. this Warrior King (though I can't remember his name) was voiced by none other that Michael Dorn known for his role as Lt. Worf from Star Trek (whom in my opinion has one of the coolest voices next to Keith David, James Earl Jones, Christopher Lambert, Clancy Brown, and Peter Cullen) Though he was not credited for either show. At any rate this is what I can recall, no thanks to Lord Blocturnal.
The story began in Street Fighter, where our hero discovers this orb is destroying their world. It vanishes to another dimension. The Elder tells him that if he doesn't get the orb back, their world will die. So the Warrior king transport himself ( I guess with a staff or something) where he ends up in the Street Fighter universe. While there he teams up with Ken, Ryu, Chun Li and Guile.
The story continues Savage Dragon where our (sigh) hero joins forces with old Finhead as they work together to get the orb back while battling the Overlord's goons.
Next in Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm, the orb, and not our hero, shows up. (probably due to the animation style. I dinnae know) For some reason the orb seems to have an effect on Rayden's elemental abilitites. Why Sub-Zero was not effected, we'll never know.
I believe there was one more cartoon where he made an appearance. I can't recall what it was. I don't think it was Wildcats or ExoSquad because those were reruns at the time. So I move on
The saga concludes in Wing Commander where the warrior king (BTW, I call him that because that was the tielt of the Street Fighter episode) is trapped in a suspension capsule. He manages to escape and beats the monkey piss out of everybody including Maverick who can't seem to use his Jedi powers to outmatch (uh, sorry. Wrong story). Any rate, he is captured and when Maverick confronts him he ask Maverick his name.
"Lt. Christopher Blair," answered Maverick.
"I met a warrior on Earth" replied the Warrior King. "His name was Blair."
HUH?!!!
When the shit did this happen? Is there a story that we don't know about or is it a clue to the other stories. Dragon? Ryu? Ken? I know it's not Guile and any true fan knows that Ken's last name is 'Masters". Another unanswered question that will remain. So, we move on.
Our Heroes track down the orb to a planet ( I can't remember the name) where it is tearing shit the fuck up and the warrior king finally captures it and plans to return home. But Archer (voiced by Dana Daleny) tells him by doing so that this world would die too. Begrudgingly, the Warrior king destroys the orb, saves the planet and goes home with out a good-bye or anything.
I written all this wonder what the hell was going on. Was this an idea for the USA network as a spin off for a new animated series that never got off the ground. (Now here's my bad Robert Stack impression)
If you have any imformation leading to the tale listed above send your post to "Tell me if I'm telling this story wrong" C/O this post here.
In the mean time I'm gonna do some satelite surfing of my own to see what I can find.

syxxpm
01-22-2004, 12:07 AM
if it helps ryus last name is hoshi..and theres a star wars cliche rumor that akuma is his father...... :umm: