Chief
11-30-2003, 07:54 PM
COUNTDOWN TILL ELIZABETH POPS....

Chief
11-30-2003, 07:55 PM
errr..gives birth...:) :wink:

Elizabeth
11-30-2003, 08:53 PM
As of last week, I'm dilated one centimeter.
:cool:
Elizabeth

Hero1
11-30-2003, 09:06 PM
a pm dawn forum baby :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

SweetNsoFLyy
11-30-2003, 09:23 PM
awww...Elizabeth, when you have the baby..i wish you luck. Its the most incredible experience any woman can go thru...painful, but so delighful to see that beautiful face and hear ur baby crying...

I do want to get u something after u birth the baby...so I will be needing your address thru private message...

:wink:

peace

3cookies

Elizabeth
11-30-2003, 10:27 PM
Oh my god Sweet, how sweet are you???? What a doll. I'm in awe. :bowdown:

love you,
Elizabeth

ps-- I am very excited, and I know that everything you just said is absolutely true. I can't wait to see and hold and kiss my little girl.

filmwizdaddy
12-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Gives Poop!!!

(For that nasty comment)

:cuss:

dreamrib
12-02-2003, 04:02 PM
I am very excited for you my girl!!

I can't wait to know you've welcomed someone else here with us :)

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
12-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Best wishes, liz. I hope you and your daughter is healthy and happy.
Peace and Love. :thumup:

Louis85
12-03-2003, 05:43 PM
yeah what Stan said, Elizabeth. Did you all pick out a name for her yet?

Cozmo D
12-03-2003, 06:06 PM
1 week to go...BLESSINGS AND JOY ELIZABETH!!!!! :wave:

Elizabeth
12-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Film-- huh?

Lisa, Stan, and Louis- thanks guys. I feel very fortunate and very full of love during this -- one of the best times in my life I will ever have! :)

And yes, we have a name for her, but we aren't telling anyone yet. It's a surprise till she's born.

love
Elizabeth

Elizabeth
12-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Oh, and thanks Coz! :thumup:
Elizabeth

Tybris
12-04-2003, 01:39 AM
so any thoughts on names?

DJ Detroit Butcher
12-04-2003, 03:31 AM
(best kasey casem voice)
....THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES!

best luck wishes blessings hope love kisses Liz.
:thumup:

Elizabeth
12-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Yes Ty, I have lots of thoughts on names. I've studied them for years. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :wink:

But if you're referring specifically to what HER name will be... like I said earlier in this post, it is a surprise until she's born! :cool:

I am still only 1 centimeter dilated, but now I'm 25% effaced. The doc says it will be soon (less than one week). But she is due in less than a week, so I guess that means she's right on schedule.

Thanks Deep!

love
Elizabeth

Louis85
12-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Film-- huh?

Lisa, Stan, and Louis- thanks guys. I feel very fortunate and very full of love during this -- one of the best times in my life I will ever have! :)

And yes, we have a name for her, but we aren't telling anyone yet. It's a surprise till she's born.

love
Elizabeth

Sweet!! :rock:

Chief
12-10-2003, 03:27 PM
1 day........tick tick tick tick tick

Chief
12-12-2003, 03:10 PM
I hope she is fine....No word yet....

justafan
12-12-2003, 04:15 PM
The suspense, I always hate that.....

tick tock, tick tock.....

Hope that all is going well Eliz

Elizabeth
12-14-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm fine, still no baby. :sad:
Elizabeth

Chief
12-24-2003, 04:51 PM
YAAAA she had the baby a week ago..........

justafan
12-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Congratulations!!!

Cozmo D
12-24-2003, 07:16 PM
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ELIZABETH!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hero1
12-25-2003, 07:24 PM
name?

Deity
12-25-2003, 11:58 PM
Congratulations on your bundle of joy Elizabeth!! Hope it wasn't too painful for you. I can't wait to see pictures of her! :thumup: :wave:

ChrisLDog
12-29-2003, 02:59 AM
Congratulations!!!! :thumup: :thumup: :thumup:

Elizabeth
12-29-2003, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone! I thought I posted the info, but I guess I was mistaken.

It was an induced labor because she was one week overdue.
I went into the hospital at 9am and she was born 11:11 pm on Dec 17th

The pain was so incredibly terrible that I took the epidural even though I was trying for natural. After that, labor was a breeze. The next thing I knew, I was pushing, and she was here.

Eve Déjà-Noël Eng
7lbs 3oz 20 1/2 inches

gotta go, I'm a busy momma. I'm juggling taking care of little Eve while trying to move at the same time... it's very hectic and tiring.

love
Elizabeth

ps-- see ya soon, hopefully

Hero1
12-29-2003, 07:06 PM
eve.. nice :thumup: :thumup:

ChrisLDog
12-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Beautiful name! :thumup: Glad you and Eve are OK! :rock:

syxxpm
12-30-2003, 12:31 AM
welcome aboard the earth express eve..... :wave:

Hero1
12-30-2003, 02:14 AM
dearest eve, im sure elizabeth is very happy for bringing you here
love tim :mrgreen:

justafan
12-30-2003, 04:50 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Beautiful Hero!!!

The ability of children is unfathomable, I mean it can go both ways but when it is positive its a beautiful thing. Much love to Elizabeth, raise her right and great things will happen, I can sense these things :donno: ... *channeling greatness*

And I guess I will throw in an aaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh for Chief, for good lucks sake :rock: :rock: :rock:

Terrick
01-01-2004, 03:52 AM
I went into the hospital at 9am and she was born 11:11 pm

That's so cool! That's the best time to be born. I wish I had been born at 11:11. :rock: :rock: :rock:

SweetNsoFLyy
01-02-2004, 04:44 AM
congratulations on the birth of the baby Elizabeth. Im proud of you gurl, especially after reading about u in labour for that length of time, which i can't imagine. My labour was about four hours average for all of my 4 babies...so God bless you & the baby....

:wave:

peace

3cookies

Elizabeth
01-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone! lol Tim, that was very cute. :wink:

justafan-- I'll do my best. :)

Sweet-- thanks for the well wishes, although I guess I misled you... I wasn't in active labor the entire time, but I arrived at the hospital to be induced at nine AM... The labor, however, did go much longer than I thought it would. Once the doctor broke my water (don't ask when, I have no idea... I'm thinking late afternoon or early evening), that's when the REAL stuff started happening. After I had enough of that, it was time for my medication, and it was all good from there. God bless the anesthesiologist. He was a beautiful soul... what a great profession. So much for being brave and natural, huh? I tried connecting myself to positive forces, but the pain is not something I was able to ignore, transcend, or just distract myself from. It was just unbelievably strong.

Anyway. Yeah, I thought I could do it and stuff.... I heard other women say they would rather go through labor than have a toothache... And I have had toothaches-- bad ones-- but you live through it, you know? But this was not something I would rather have than a toothache! The comparison is insane. The pain was so horrible that if I had to endure it any longer I think it would have driven me mad. At one point, the anesthesiologist who was attempting to administer my epidural mentioned what a hard time he was having because of my crooked spine (I have a weird back), and I thought he was saying he couldn't medicate me because of my spine, and I started crying (as best as a woman in painful inside-crushing contractions does cry... it was more like pathetic tearless whimpers). Poor Joshua, I threw up all over him (luckily, it was all water). To me, it was reminiscent of William Wallace at the end of Braveheart. If there is a Hell and people are tortured there endlessly, it feels like what I felt like before my epidural.

end rant.
Elizabeth

Harmeister
01-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Congratulations!

About labors, though, at least yours was in the day. Here's how my three children came into the world.

Child one: 2.5 weeks before the due date (but the exact date we predicted it to be) we went to hospital at 9:00 or so, dilated to a 1, we waited for an hour or two, dialated to a 1.5. They gave my wife a shot of morphine which will kill false labor and sent us home. Julia (my wife) is super uncomfortable and we are sure this is the one so we are really annoyed that they sent us home. We (re: me only) tried to sleep, but at 4:00 in the morning my wife wakes me telling be we have to go now because it's *really* hurting. We get to the hospital at 4:45, dialated to a 4 so they admit us. Julia got the epidural at around 6:00 and Jessica Jane was born at 9:45 or so. When I was cutting the umbilical cord, for whatever reason the forsips they had given me were flawed and as I was trying to cut it broke in half and one piece went flying across the room.

Child two: two days before the due date, we went to the hospital in the evening, don't remember what time. Dialated to a two, waited an hour, didn't change, they sent us home. The day before Julia was checked at her normal obgyn appointment and there was no dialation. We figured this was the one again, but they sent us home anyways. Grrrrr. We try to sleep, but at around 3:00 Julia's water breaks while in the bed (is that ever messy, let me tell you) so we go to the hospital. Julia got the epidural at around 4-4:30, Dallen Dean was born at 6:30 or so.

Child Three: Determined not to have a repeat of the previous two children and being sent home, and now that the hospital is further away, we wait until Julia is in a lot of pain before going to the hospital 8 days after the due date. She's dialated to a one, and after an hour to a 1.5 so they sent us home. GGGRRRRRRR. They wouldn't listen that this was the right time and all we had to do was wait. The contractions continue through the night, and when we wake up at 5:30 they still really hurt so we decide to go back to the hospital. On the way back to the hospital we were hungry, so we went to the McDonalds drive-thru. As we are picking up our order the contractions start full force, and extra hard. When we get to the hospital at 6:45 Julia is 100% effaced and dialated to a 10. This kid has decided he wants to come now, so there was no time for the epidural (very much to Julia's chagrin). At 7:35 Eric Emery was born. (Talk about cutting it close, the doctor barely had enough time to get in the room before he had to catch).

Etherspin
01-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Lord, bless u Elizabeth, congratulations, all the best for you and your child, i'm sure being your child it will have the best inherently
:rock:
:)

Cozmo D
01-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Congratulations again Elizabeth, and may God shower blessings on Eve, you, Joshua and your entire family! :wave:

I won't bore y'all with the stories of the birth of my 2 children. Both were near death experiences for both her and the children with 11+ hour labors and panicing nurses and paging doctors and emergency equipment and me on my knees praying to God for the lives of my wife and my children...
It's why I only have 2 and they're spread 7 years apart...
Never...never...NEVER take the birth of a child for granted! :)

Elizabeth
01-03-2004, 12:06 PM
when i got to the hospital, i had been dilated 1-2 for weeks already, was 50% effaced and experiencing no pain or discomfort. but again, they admitted me 'cause i was scheduled to be induced that day. [i'm typing with one hand and holding eve in the other, can you tell?]
they shouldn't send your wife home for false labor if it's not her first child, since the following children usually arrive more quickly. so if she was already in pain, i don't understand why they sent her home.

thanks again for your kind words and blessings, guys. all in all i can't complain. despite a few moments of fear we faced, the pregnancy, labor and eve herself was all very positive and healthy, and i feel very fortunate!

love
Elizabeth

Hero1
01-04-2004, 10:32 PM
do we all get honorary pm dawn forum godfather status :wink:

Elizabeth
01-05-2004, 01:30 PM
i don't know qbout that! how about honorary weird uncle status?
Elizabeth :rofl:

syxxpm
01-05-2004, 02:42 PM
how bout....uncle horsedog? :rofl: :donno: :rofl: :rofl:

justafan
01-05-2004, 06:29 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hero1
01-06-2004, 04:06 AM

how about uncle smookie.. or uncle jack black :poke:

fd
01-06-2004, 04:54 AM
YAAAAAAAAY!! wierd uncles!!!!

Congrats liz

We all know you're gona be the best mother!

*BIG HUG*

SweetNsoFLyy
01-06-2004, 08:33 AM
LOL@uncle wierdos...and uncle horsedog hahha...AND uncle Smookie... :rofl:

hey Elizabeth, as a first time mom (and all of the babies as a matter of fact) I was horrified to touch the umbilical cord, but it has to be kept clean and dry in order 4 it to fall off...i just kept feeling as if i was hurtin the baby each time I'd touch it...haha,...im sure you know the feeling... :wink:

peace

3cookies

syxxpm
01-06-2004, 01:46 PM

how about uncle smookie.. or uncle jack black :poke:

hey.....uncle smookie has a nice ring to it...thanks tim :thumup:

Elizabeth
01-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks Dave. You're sweet. Thanks for the advice, Sweet. :)

Actually, I helped raise my little sister, so I'm fairly decent with babies. But her stump is already gone! She's three weeks old.

much love to you and to the weird uncles. Evie says hello, in her own little baby way.
Elizabeth