PDA

View Full Version : Gary Owens

dreamrib
11-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Have any of you guys heard of him?

I am a huge comedy fan. Of course I'm into Comedy Central, but I Love Comicview.

( note..you may have no interest in this but I had to post about it, so don't rain on my parade)

This guy is hilarious!! He won "black comic of the year" & he's a white guy. (not that matters at all to me but its just ironically funny) He even hosted a season of Comicview.

I've been going to a Comedy Club in Richmond like every other week. I've seen one guy who wrote for Seinfield, Pablo Fransico, Hypnotist J. Medicine Hat (you guys saw my post on being hypnotised), and I'm going tomorrow to see Gary Owens.

I'm so excited!! *dances around the room*

I love having great connections in local radio stations. I've only had to pay like once to go. Plus after signing up for the club's emails I've gotten buy 1 get 1 tickets. This week I plain got 4 free tickets just for being on the list. Plus I've made a good friend that could be Vin Diesal's friend who's a waiter there, so I can't go wrong!!

ahh anyway...I thought I'd share my good news. I've seen sick for what seems like forever, but everyone i know has gotten it, and finally starting to feel human again so I am relishing in actually feeling good about getting out to something fun like this.

dreamrib
11-29-2003, 01:53 AM
ok, well even though Noone replied, I guess you guys don't know him or haven't watched Comicview on BET.

He was great!! I was laughing so hard my jaw was hurting from smiling. I think I laughed almost non-stop. Even though I am partial to him because I love him style, he's put on the best comedy show so far I've seen.

I will have a pic up in a few days. I caught up with him after the show. We chated, i got an autographed cd, and even got a pic with him. Now i'm so short as long as I show up IN the picture I'll post it, lol.

Elizabeth
11-30-2003, 09:53 PM
I used to like Comicview, but it seems like everytime I turn it on lately, I am just very unamused. :donno:

Elizabeth

Elizabeth
11-30-2003, 09:53 PM
I used to like Comicview, but it seems like everytime I turn it on lately, I am just very unamused. :donno:

Elizabeth

dreamrib
12-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Don't feel bad girl. I find that too. I find I liked a lot of the old school stuff. It seems its more hype & about the dancers,etc than the show.

I just saw Gary Owens in Daddy Daycare....hilarious!!

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
12-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Oh, you're talking about a different Gary Owens. When I saw that name I the 1st thought that came to my mind was tha man from "Laugh-in" who was also the original voice of Space Ghost and Blue Falcon.

:donno: Sorry bout dat.