PDA

View Full Version : Someone help please.

filmwizdaddy
11-19-2003, 09:42 AM
I am one who is not a big fan of metal or rock and roll but......

I am looking for a good band to listen to......one who doesn't burst my ears out with yelling too much but one that has great riffs on the guitar and a funky vibe to them .. I like the chili peppars I have them but I want ot know if anyone can recommend some band to me to buy.

ALSO IS JANES ADDICTION DECENT? I think I would like their energy.

:rock:

Cozmo D
11-19-2003, 10:39 AM
FUNKADELIC!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :thumup: :thumup: :thumup: :thumup: :thumup:

Nuff Said!

filmwizdaddy
11-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Yeah Yeah. I know those groups I am talking about more alternative music. I love r and b and hip hop. Thats my main music but I am looking to try other forms. I guess know one on here knows of any. I will ask around. :donno:

Cozmo D
11-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Funkadelic is NOT R&B or Hip Hop! :slap: They are EXACTLY what you described!

I am looking for a good band to listen to......one who doesn't burst my ears out with yelling too much but one that has great riffs on the guitar and a funky vibe to them .. I like the chili peppars

Who da fukk do you think the Chilli Peppers emulated? Obviously you don't REALLY have a clue!

syxxpm
11-19-2003, 01:52 PM
i think coz is putting a "flashlight" on the subject at hand :rofl:

dreamrib
11-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Try Splender, they are good...a little poppy but really good. Also, Definatly check out Shades Apart, or even July For Kings. Not hard alternative but they a stand alone style.

DJ Detroit Butcher
11-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Get Jane's Addiction's LP Ritual De Lo Habitual. You won't regret it.

and Yeah, all the funkadelic you can find. I think Maggot Brain is a great place to start. If you can find the live version that appeared as a bonus cut on the One Nation album, it'll change your life.

Cozmo D
11-19-2003, 02:50 PM

"Flashlight" is Parliament, not Funkadelic Syxx! :slap:

filmwizdaddy
11-19-2003, 03:34 PM

"Flashlight" is Parliament, not Funkadelic Syxx! :slap:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok I will check both of them.

Cozmo D
11-19-2003, 06:05 PM
If you want the real rock & funk Funkadelic, get the albums before "One Nation Under A Groove". That was the start of their commercial era...it even says so on the album cover! :rofl:

My favorites are "Let's Take It To The Stage" and "Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On". :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

If you want the real psycho rock shit, the early albums will trip you da fukk out!!!

syxxpm
11-20-2003, 02:04 PM
i.e. maggot brain :mrgreen: ..which i only heard once but still found vaguely disturbing :weird:

DJ Detroit Butcher
11-23-2003, 04:58 AM
If you want the real rock & funk Funkadelic, get the albums before "One Nation Under A Groove". That was the start of their commercial era...it even says so on the album cover! :rofl:

True Coz but you can't front on the live version of maggot brain on one nation. Possibly the most moving piece of music I've ever heard.

Cozmo D
11-23-2003, 05:21 AM
I love ALL of their shit Joyeaux! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Though, since I don't have a copy of "One Nation" on CD I may be a bit off...plus my memory is nowhere near what it used to be...BUT, isn't that a live version of "Cosmic Slop" that you're actually referring to? I'll check my vinyl tomorrow. :wink:

DJ Detroit Butcher
11-23-2003, 05:39 AM
I don't know what's on the cd .. but my copy of the One Nation vinyl comes with a bonus ep that has a live version of Maggot Brain, the "Think, it ain't illegal yet" chant and an instrumental version of that song that talks about fried ice cream.