PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Isabel

dreamrib
09-22-2003, 04:28 PM
well if anyone has watched the new...we got hit here....BAD! Especially here, but from DC to RiIchmond & were I'm at...which is directly in between.

you go to www.fredericksburg.com & check out some of the pics

I have had NO power since Thursday!! I am NOT happy. So this is my first very much needed computer break at work.

We luckly have a generator to keep the fridge & freezer. But I've only gotten 1 Cold shower. Luckly i have good connections so I'm set to have electricity & showers at some friends houses.

We still have trees all OVER the place. Not just little ones, no they stayed put. I'm talking HUGE 100yr old trees. It's crazy. They were just literally ripped out of the ground. We even got to see a few houses with tree's IN the house. They had blocked our road with a tree that fell. Luckly Friday Am some people came thru & cut the whole middle out & got it moved so we could at least get in & out of our road. We have tree's on our road still laying on power lines...

Our whole road is out of power, its crazy. They probably won't even attempt to get power back to us until the end of the week.

This no power is for the birds.....

So for all of you sitting at home, with tv, computer, & damn Hot water...just remember not all of us have it so lucky :sad: :sad:

I'll be back around i'm "hoping" for having power in another week or so.

ChrisLDog
09-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Damn, girl, sounds rough. Hang in there though! :sad:

Chief
09-22-2003, 06:11 PM
thank god your ok lisa....ive got you and your loved ones in my prayers hun....

Cozmo D
09-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Glad you and yours are OK Lisa. Hang in there, we're thinkin 'bout ya sweet!!! :wave:

fd
09-22-2003, 06:53 PM
be safe baby!!

Foxy11
09-22-2003, 08:34 PM
My family is in Newport News, VA and they are pretty much going through the same thing. the hurricane blew some of the siding off the house, and there are trees all over the place. And they may not get power for another 4 days, there is also talk that they may have to turn the water off for a little while. If that happens they will definitely have to make that drive and come stay with me in NC. I definitely hope everything works out.

dreamrib
09-22-2003, 10:29 PM
By some miracle of god I got power back tonight. I was so excited I was jumping around like a little kid.

We are still cleaning up trees,etc. My aunt had so many tree's go down around her house we had 6, count them, 6 chainsaws going for 2 days & couldn't get it all done.

I am just SO beyond happy to have power. I can turn on music, computer, TV, SHOWER with hot water, lol.

We thought this would blow over us without anything happening. we were SO not expecting this, at all. Its still scary to see all the damage in the area!!

Thank you guys for the support *smile*

I'm off to soak up some A/C, television, and a Hot Shower!

:)