PDA

View Full Version : Some people are so stupid....

Terrick
04-02-2003, 09:30 PM
this has been goin around:

Dear AIM users,
Because of our overloading of our servers, we are being forced to extract our non-active AIM users. Because this is a free service, AOL has exceeded the budget for the AIM service. We are asking that you send this exact message to 20 other AIM users to ensure us that you're an active AIM user. Our system tracking devise will pick up this message to keep you on our active list. You have 72 hours to complete this task or your service will be cancelled immediately. Starting April 9, 2003, we will be charging a small fee for registering of a screen name for AIM. Thank you for your time and for using AOL or AIM.

c'mon....think about it before you start a rumor like that. First of all, AOL would have sent an EMAIL and not had people send the message through AIM. Also, they have enough friggin' money as it is with all that advertising. and 72 hours??? Gimme a break... ANd the one thing that revealed it as fake right away was the misspelling of "device". SPELL IT RIGHT, STUPID. AOL wouldn't send out a message to be passed along with a spelling error. Devise has a completely different meaning.... nice try, though :slap:

atma
04-02-2003, 10:00 PM
what's fucking retarded is that some dumb motherfucker has nothing better to do than type up some bullshit message like that and send it around to people. i've seen the same basic message on icq years back.. people never learn i guess.

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
04-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Hell, with a message like that, it's a wonder no one's systerm crashed.

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
04-02-2003, 11:57 PM
That's system

frEk
04-03-2003, 12:16 AM
i liked systerm better

spidey
04-03-2003, 12:53 AM
That dude must have smoking a whole lot of stupid