PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played any good video games lately?

Deity
03-05-2003, 04:39 PM
I am mostly refering to RPG's...but it can be any genre. I just got Dark Cloud 2, and so far it is pretty cool. It is alot like the first one. As i play it (so far it has only been one day...) i will update my opinion as i go. :wave:

Brian221
03-05-2003, 05:07 PM
I'll have to promote my old favorite...not quite a pure RPG...

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

One of the greatest Action / RPG games ever. Has the traditional side scrolling castlevania feel...but has hundreds and hundreds of different items/weapons/potions/spells/familiars/etc. Level ups/hit points/magic points/luck/intelligence are all factors too, not to mention an award winning soundtrack.
Pretty short game though...only takes about 10 hours to fully complete the game if you know what you're doing.

bRiAn

Terrick
03-05-2003, 05:22 PM
I'll have to promote my old favorite...not quite a pure RPG...

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

:thumup: :thumup: :thumup:
SECOND

syxxpm
03-05-2003, 11:57 PM
ditto.....me being a castlevania fanatic will agree this is the best one in the series...........and yes i have played and own all the american ones and one japanese one so i know :rock:

Hero1
03-06-2003, 12:48 AM
best computer game ever Sam & Max : Hit The Road :rock: :rock: :rock:

look for the long awaited sequel next year on lucasarts

Harmeister
03-06-2003, 07:22 AM
I rather liked Unreal II. Alot of that probably had to do with the fact that it's very similar to my favorite game Deus Ex. Unreal II is RPG ish in the sense that you interact with a lot of people and stuff, but you don't develop stats and what not.

If you want a true RPG play Morrowind (also very cool)

Be
03-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Ms Pac-Man :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
The greatest game of all time :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

spidey
03-06-2003, 12:15 PM
I was playing Kingdom Hearts for a while..now I'm waiting for the new Zelda to come out.

Louis85
03-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Atari 800XL computer's "Return of Heracles" It takes no less than 12 hours to play! I can always piss my best friend off just by mentioning it. We played it almost two days straight the first time. :rock: :rock: :rock:

daveisback
03-06-2003, 03:32 PM
the getaway is top-class, i'm hooked :cool: im waitin for my mate to buy the new Mortal Kombat aswell :freak:

and if ever im rich im a buy the ninja turtles arcade off ebay!! :thumup: :thumup: :thumup:

Deity
03-06-2003, 11:35 PM
I was playing Kingdom Hearts for a while..now I'm waiting for the new Zelda to come out.

I know what you mean Spidey, I am a Zelda freak too. However from the previews I have seen on this new one...I am not sure how I am going to like it with the graphics the way they look...flat, 2 dimensional and child-like. You would think that with these more advanced systems you would want to flaunt some of the graphic capabilties, assuming you didnt do it to a point that it took away from the game play. Anyway, I am rambling on now... :cool:

DJ Detroit Butcher
03-07-2003, 03:35 AM
[quote="Be"]Ms Pac-Man :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
The greatest game of all time

INDEED BE! Gotta have the turbo chip inside tho, I can't even play the original slow version anymore ....

I just bought a Sega Dreamcast, cuz you can burn discs of all kinds of old school games like Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Master System & Sega Genesis and play them on the dreamcast, incredible stuff, but as far as RPGS go, there's a dreamcast game called Shenmue that's been taking up a good amount of my time. Don't know if it was ported to any other system.

I want a Ms. Pac Man machine in my house almost as badly as I want a copy of .... ah forget it.

Brian221
03-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Dave,

You don't have to be rich to own arcade games anymore...check this out.

http://www.gwtrading.com/hga.shtml

I haven't gotten it yet, should have it any day. It plugs into your TV like a videogame system, then you plug the jamma compatible PC boards from the arcade machines into it and play them. Hundreds of boards are on eBay all the time....

bRiAn

daveisback
03-07-2003, 09:21 PM
aw man... they got bubble bobble aswell!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

the classics never die :cool:

syxxpm
03-07-2003, 11:13 PM
brian theres a nintendo compilation for the pc

it has castlevania 1,2,3,
and contra 1, amd 2 on it

and jackal is a hidden game on it as well

frEk
03-07-2003, 11:40 PM
yeah i recently finally broke down and picked up kingdom hearts, the whole disney thing was keeping me away from it........it's ok i guess, kept me busy for a minute anyway and it's got a few final fantasy characters in it, the new zelda looks too toyish but ya never know, could be good.........square is gonna be releasing a strictly game cube game final fantasy crystal chronicles, more action oriented than rpg i think but i think it's gonna make me pick up a stupid game cube just for that........as far as REAL rpgs though the original final fantasy I & II are gonna be revamped and rereleased for PS, final fantasy X 2 is coming for PS2 (looks dope as hell, if i only could read japanese i'd be at it right now), final fantasy XI (the online one) is still quite aways off for an american release (i really gotta learn japanese) and final fantasy XII is in the works but won't surface for even longer (unless i learn japanese that is)

Tybris
03-08-2003, 12:43 PM
OK OK...you all know you can't have a video game topic without me..hehe

There are many games I want to pick up, top on my list is Xenosaga-after Xenogears I'm chomping at the bit to play this game, but I'm gonna put it off till D and I finish Dark Cloud 2, and besides I already have Wild Arms 3 to finish. Be I love Pac and all those, but I gotta go with 6 and everyone on Symphony being da shit, tho it's not my fav. For all time you can't touch this Favs-Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana--Ultimate Gaming!!

Etherspin
03-17-2003, 02:09 PM
regarding zelda for gamecube....
i kinda got the same impression as u on that game deity.. but i had only seen pictures/screenshots until this week,i bought a nintendo mag with a dvd on the front with 30min gameplay footage and the game is fully 3d , the style just adds to the game and the hardware would definately be pushed to display it when you see the subtletys of the game in motion (the leaves and grass affected by wind etc)

and im glad bout FF crystal chronicles, i love action based fighting in rpgs.. and tybris i am still hooked on the secret of mana series from super nintendo .... and i enjoyed chrono trigger

the most fun i ever had playing a game would honestly be getting all the secret levels on super mario world for SNES..
:)

Wheeljak
05-25-2007, 06:23 PM
:bump:
So, what are y'all playing these days? I've been outta the loop for a while.

Etherspin
05-25-2007, 07:06 PM
brain training...mario kart.. DS stuff until i move house,get a big tv and a Wii !

Twisted.Mellow
05-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Just finished "Cars" on XBox, and now playing Disney Skate game thingy (built on Tony Hawke engine).

Why am I playing these? My 2.5yr old son and I play them in the mornings. When I've got time to myself, it's either THUG2 or Colin McCray Rally 2005. I fancy myself as a bit of a rally driver y'know...

Hero1
05-26-2007, 03:10 AM
colin mcrae is brutal..hard game that..but fun when you begin to master it

pmFan
05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
MineSweeper
:fingas:
How about Madeline for 1st and 2nd graders (my pre-k 5 yo and 3 yo love it, I help when they get stuck).

syxxpm
05-26-2007, 11:20 PM
last great ones i played were

mortal kombat armageddon ps2
smackdown vs raw 2007 ps2
final fantasy 12 ps2
capcom classics volume 2 ps2
king of fighters 2006 ps2

tekken dark ressurection psp

castlevania portrait of ruin ds

Doo-DooHead
05-27-2007, 02:21 PM
i Play Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 On Ps2 And Psp, Madden 2007 On Both, I Beat 50 Cent's Bulletproof, I'm Currentlyplaying Metal Gear Acid Part 1 On My Psp, And I Plan To Get Spiderman 3 Soon.
i'm Currently Trying To Track Down Te Atari Lynx So I Can Play Electro Cop And Ninja Gai-den!!!
i Must've Owned Every Handheld Game Dating Back To Bambino Boxing !!!! SPEAKING OF BOXING I CAN WHOOP EVERYBODY'S ASS IN FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3!!! WHO WANT'S IT WIT THE DAWN DOC BABY!!!

Doo-DooHead
05-27-2007, 02:23 PM
last great ones i played were

mortal kombat armageddon ps2
smackdown vs raw 2007 ps2
final fantasy 12 ps2
capcom classics volume 2 ps2
king of fighters 2006 ps2

tekken dark ressurection psp

castlevania portrait of ruin ds
WHEN I GET HOME 6 I'M BUSSIN YO ASS IN SMACKDOWN 07!!!
I ONLY PLAY WITH HULK HOGAN AND H.B.K.!!!!

Harmeister
05-27-2007, 04:10 PM
SPEAKING OF BOXING I CAN WHOOP EVERYBODY'S ASS IN FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3!!! WHO WANT'S IT WIT THE DAWN DOC BABY!!!

We'll try Wii boxing when you get to my house, doc, then we'll see who has it :-) (I'll probably lose)

Bonkman
05-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah....Wii Sports Boxing involves using actual moves, no button smashing. Start working out, cuz it gets physical.

Hero1
05-27-2007, 08:33 PM
damn we should have had a game of fight night while you were in australia.. i love that game :haha:

Etherspin
05-28-2007, 06:07 AM
yes me 2,nothing like seeing a best friends well programmed face get the crap knocked out of it.. very funny and surreal!

-Kosh-
05-28-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm behind the times (Mainly because if I wait, I can buy the games cheaper) but I'm playing:

Final Fantasy XII
God of War
Command & Conquer 3
Kingdom Hearts II
Okami

and still playing the online multiplayer games:

World of Warcraft
Myst Online: Uru Live

Doo-DooHead
05-28-2007, 01:53 PM
yes me 2,nothing like seeing a best friends well programmed face get the crap knocked out of it.. very funny and surreal!
LET ME INFORM YOU BOTH.......I HAVE THE INTERNET SO I CAN WHOOP U AT ANYTIME, AND I CAN PLAY YOU ON MY PSP FROM THE RODE!!!
MOST OF MY FIGHTS I WIN BY TKO BECAUSE YOUR FACE IS TOO BADLY DAMAGED TO CONTINUE.
MY DEFENSE IS SECOND ONLY TO MAYWEATHER'S SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR TIM & TIM!!!

Twisted.Mellow
05-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Video games were invented so you can play them when you're not shagging.

You seem to spend alot of time playing video games, doc!