PDA

View Full Version : brandy & PM Dawn

Hero1
02-22-2002, 05:59 AM
brandy & ray j's cover of PM Dawn's 1993 hit "i'd die without you" is track 17 on brandys new album full moon out march 5

thaprince
03-07-2002, 02:29 PM
um, dude, 17 isnt diewithout you, its 'another day in paradise'
and i really cant hear any similarities in both songs, although this brandy song is real nice, very social-aware.

syxxpm
03-07-2002, 02:35 PM
man i hope the brandi cover really breaks pm dawn back on the radio...-syxxpm

Etherspin
03-07-2002, 07:16 PM
probably not man.. most people will not investigate the origins of the song..

they will go... baby, that girl can write ...
"she is like.. so.. like.. deep"..

filmwizdaddy
03-14-2002, 03:20 PM
If they release that single, and it does well then pm dawn definelty should get a solid record deal.

syxxpm
03-14-2002, 07:07 PM
lets hope so ..i hope the next pm dawn album hits top ten even for just a week it would be so cool to throw it in the critics faces :flipoff: :wink:
-syxxpm

buddym
05-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Brandy - Full Moon (without bonus track) - Track 17 - Die Without You:

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=3.../itemid=1497012 (http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=336952690/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=BRANDY/itemid=1497012)

Attrell Cordes is credited on the track listing on CDNOW and I would assume on the CD booklet as well.

This song IS the same as PM Dawn's original aside from the variations in melody pitch and rhythm, and of course different instrumentation and so on (and so on, and so on).

I do not know the arrangement of the Full Moon (+ bonus track) album, and perhaps this track is not number 17 there.

Chief
05-02-2002, 02:52 PM
hmmm i finally got to listen too it...not bad.. thanks man

SaintHax
05-02-2002, 03:43 PM
I'm not impressed :cuss:

Deity
05-03-2002, 12:23 AM
Wow, i really don't care for her version of this song at all...but then i havent heard it in it's entirity so i guess i shouldn't judge...i almost feel that it would have been better to not allow someone else to sing it. It is so perfect the way PM Dawn does it! Not that i am biased or anything... :)

dragonfly
05-18-2002, 10:52 PM
:wave:

Hi.. I'm Kandi.. just registered.. first post.. yada yada yada...

Just listened to some Brandy's version on cdnow.com..... from what I heard it's not that bad.....
Before I went there to hear the song I searched on KaZaA for it. One of the songs that popped up that said it was 'Die Without You' was actually 'Another Day In Paradise'. And of course I chose to download that particular file not knowing it wasn't actually what I was looking for. I finished downloading it anyway being I also enjoy Phil Collins/Genesis and I was curious to what it'd sound like. All I can say is, that in my OPINION, if you don't like her cover of 'Die Without You', be glad it doesn't sound as bad as her cover of 'Another Day In Paradise'.

Although, like I said, I don't find it that bad, I greatly miss the piano melody in her version. I have to admit that the guitar she's got about mid way through her interpretation adds a nice touch, but the piano intro in the original is what always draws me in to the entire song.

In direct reply to what ETHERSPIN said, I do believe personally that most people who buy her album and hear this song will not know the origins. Why I say that is because back in.. 1998 would be my best guess, when Backstreet Boys hit it big, I was the only 16 year old I knew of that actually was aware of the orgins of thier interpolation of 'Set Adrift...' Believe me, after I was through with all the girls I knew that owned the first Backstreet album, alot of them got a copy of 'The Bliss Album...?' as well. I got one girl so into PM Dawn's music so much she actually went to a Jingle Ball (I believe that is what it was called) to see them perform (with Jennifer Paige).

I try my best to spread the gospel. :)

Chief
05-19-2002, 01:10 PM
hi kandi..welcome to the forum..we appreciate your opinion.....its good to have some newcomers post..stop by the chat sometime... :cool:

Brian

Guest_Chukwuka20
03-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I like the jam, but she didn't do it right... It was supposed to be BE... at least a duet to give the song true mass, depth.... Cuz you know Be is the MAN!!! :blahblah:

Chukwuka
03-10-2004, 01:09 PM
:madrant:
If they would have brought it out as a single it would have hit the top 10... They not ready for that!!! :bash:

Hero1
03-29-2004, 01:19 AM
i wonder if be ever heard this track...

Cozmo D
03-29-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm sure he did.

DanManMain
04-14-2004, 10:17 PM
its refreshing, to hear a cover of a song you liked in the first place, that is done well.

pca
12-22-2004, 08:30 AM
:blahblah: all this talk about a new album from pm dawn and the Brandy thing have lasted too long! I enterned the pm dawn "infinate dedication " side just a week after the sale off "f*cked music" has stoped , and d... I want that album! It is like every time you here the lyriks and music from PM D you rewolve a new dimention and find new sides off the mening, and that makes you want more.
I would love to see PM dawn on top off the lists again, as one off the tru originals and not some other copy version off an old song like most are today. The orginality PM Dawn provides in their mix off samples, intelligent lyriks and extrem nice sound, im surprised that the band, ( dispite the 14 years ) isnīt more known in the puplic.

My infinate dedication to a GREAT band.

Finish your new album and make alot of people happy.

With admiration

PCA